The National Dairy Development Board’s (NDDB) creation is rooted in the conviction that our nation’s socio-economic progress lies largely on the development of rural India.
The Dairy Board was created to promote, finance and support producer-owned and controlled organisations. NDDB’s programmes and activities seek to strengthen farmer owned institutions and support national policies that are favourable to the growth of such institutions. Fundamental to NDDB’s efforts are cooperative strategies and principles.
NDDB’s efforts transformed India’s rural economy by making dairying a viable and profitable economic activity for millions of milk producers while addressing the country’s need for self-sufficiency in milk production.
NDDB has been reaching out to dairy farmers by implementing other income generating innovative activities and offering them sustainable livelihood.
NDDB offers an excellent learning environment with considerable freedom for creative and innovative activities. We are looking for a young and energetic Scientist for Centre for Analysis and Learning in Livestock and Food (CALF) laboratory.
Responsible for timely testing of Food, water & other agricultural products, method development, method standardizations, validation & verifications on LCMSMS; training of juniors, attending quality audits, ensuring compliance of laboratory operations to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 & other regulatory agencies guidelines.
Key roles and Responsibility
- Perform analysis of samples for assigned parameters & processing results from LCMSMS for antibiotics & pesticides residues, illegal dyes, toxins/ other emerging contaminants and vitamins as per the requirements of FSSAI, APEDA, BIS, EIC and other foreign countries regulatory requirements in various types of food & Agri. products and water.
- Development of new methods of residue on LCMSMS and its validation/ verification to meet new customer/ regulatory requirements. Supervising the work of juniors.
- Proper storage, maintenance, usage and documentation of Certified reference material (CRM), Standard reference material (SRM) and chemicals. Ensuring availability of valid CRMs as per scope of accreditation and laboratory work.
- Preparation of required standard operating procedures (SOPs) & work instructions (WIs) and other technical related documents.
- Implement quality assurance/quality control (QC) program, estimation of MU, maintain technical & quality records, storage/ retention of samples as per procedure, maintence of equipment, procurement of consumables, calibration/ system suitability checks, vetting analytical data, data transfer, ensure scope enhancement to meet the accreditation criteria of NABL and recognition criteria of regulatory bodies like BIS, APEDA, FSSAI & EIC, etc.
- Compliance with laboratory safety requirements, maintaining related records, good housekeeping and maintain required environmental conditions as per test method.
- Perform assigned analytical research work, support PT team, internal audit, initiating Kaizen, risk assessment, CAPA, result interpretation, report preparation and paper publication.
- Support business development activity through technical inputs.
- Selected candidate would be required to work in night and other shifts.
- Any other task assigned by Group Head/Reporting Officer.
Qualification & Experience
- The incumbent should have a Master’s degree in Chemistry (any discipline)/ Dairy / Bio Analytical/ Food Technology /Food Science/ Biotechnology
- Candidate shall have at least 3 years of hands on experience in the residue / contaminant testing and method development of Dairy products / food /agricultural products/ water using LCMSMS.
- Candidates who has qualified FSSAI- Food Analyst examination will have an added advantage.
Other Essential attributes and skills
- Perform analysis of samples for assigned parameters & reporting of results of antibiotics, pesticides residues, contaminants & toxins as per the requirements of FSSAI, APEDA, BIS and EIC, EU in various types of food & Agro products by using LCMS/MS independently.
- Perform required method’s validation and verification as per the guidelines of (EU) 2021/808, SANTE 11312/2021
- Understanding of ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Understanding Statistical analysis /tools /packages for routine quality control evaluation.
- Working as per timelines and handle work pressure
- Research & innovation oriented and creative & strategic thinking.
- Integrity, professionalism, adaptability, quick & continuous learner, effective in building relationship and team work.
- Capable of persuading, resolving conflicts and other problems.
- Good communication and presentation skills and proficiency in English.
- Last date of receiving the updated online applications is 05 September 2022.
- (Candidates above 30 years of age as on 01 August 2022 need not apply)
- The position is on a fixed term employment for a period of 5 years which is renewable.
- Location: Anand, Gujarat and the candidates should be ready to work Anywhere in India.
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online & Offline both available)