India Foods Business is a full-service manufacturing and marketing unit comprising over 500 employees spread across over multiple locations across India. Our strong suite of products includes the Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Haagen-Dazs and Nature Valley brands in both direct-to-consumer and B2B channels across Retail, Food Service and Bakeries & Exports. We combine the capabilities of a global enterprise with the entrepreneurial spirit and cultural awareness you would expect of a smaller local company.
POSITION TITLE : Unit Manager – ESC Operation
REPORTS TO : Operations Head – HO
Managing End to End ESC site operations as per GMI Policy requirement and compliances.
- Ensure production plan and customer services KPIs (e.g. Yield, TTT, DPP, Fill rate etc.) are met
- Ensure RM/PM /agreed Capacity availability to complete required volumes
- Ensure all Manufacturing Processes are adhered to get required Quality & output.
- Ensure complaint is tracked, RCA and action implemented to curb recurrence
- Maintaining RM/PM and FG inventory norms as required
- Ensure all the process followed in plant are safe & user friendly.
- Ensuring GMI policies and required practices are in place at plant.
- Ensuring plant operation adherence to Regulatory & Statutory compliances.
- To Coordinate and successfully complete activities related to Projects
- Coordinating and successful completion of Audits (internal or customer or global).
- Ensure that wastages are tracked and analyzed for action to improve the process
- Lead CI Projects & Act as Coach for ESC plant Teams
- Coordination with Planning, logistics, FSQ, XQM, Sourcing, Procurement and finance for relevant activities and optimal plant performance within control policies
- Ensuring FSQ policies compliances at ESC Sites
- To maintain and upgrade the standards of Quality Assurance, in coordination with HO, in relation to raw material, packaging material, production, FG releases and dispatches.
- To ensure compliance with all QA systems.
- To ensure quality of RM/PM/WIP/FG is checked as per norms and reported by the Co packer teams.
- To ensure adherence to commercial documentations and record keeping as per GMI/Regulatory norms
- ERP system transaction in line with right control practices and policies
- Ensure plant sanitation, general hygiene and Pest Control activities for the plant are done as per norms by the co packer team.
- Along with Co packer top management ensuring overall Quality policy is adhered to.
- Ensure that entire operation at site is performed within agreed budgets
- Participate in generation HMM /Cost optimization ideas and ensure the implementation ad savings
- Understanding ESC team’s concern and resolving with help of GM team for a smooth and flawless operations
KNOWLEDGE AREAS / SKILLS
- Manufacturing performance in line with ESC agreement
- ERP processes and system transactions
- Engineering /Manufacturing technology
- Regulatory and Product Safety Knowledge
- Understanding of FSQ Policies and Procedures along with implementation
- Cost control
- Commercial transactions and polices
- Manufacturing Resources Planning/Logistics
- Quality systems
- Process Improvement
- Health and Safety
- Human Resource Management information of ESC
- Project execution
- Commercial transaction and ERP process
- Interpersonal Skills
- Innovative Thinking
- Energizes and Develops People
- Communication Skills
- Analytical/Critical Thinking Skills
Cross Functional and External partners for this role –
- Food Safety and Quality
- Engineering and EHS
- Commercial and Finance
- Copacker site team and management
- Regulatory deptt.. – GST, FSSAI etc.
The incumbent should be a B.E. (Mech.) or B.Tech. in Food Technology with about 7 –9 years of experience (If ME-Mech. or M. Tech- Food Tech. , Experience 6-8 Year) in the Food industry / FMCG industry with a minimum period of 4 years in the Manager of people Capacity
He should have knowledge of GMP’s and quality systems and should be able to implement the same. He should have had experience in shop-floor management.
Key skills required would be in Planning and working with team. Unquestionable integrity and values.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.