Playing our part in a changing world
DSM is a global purpose-led, science-based company specializing in Nutrition, Health & Bioscience. Our purpose is to create brighter lives for all. We achieve it by using all the scientific and innovation power at our disposal to tackle some of the world’s greatest challenges – creating value for customers, shareholders, our people, and society-at-large.
Doing well by doing good
A short decade ago the general belief was that as a company you either focused on driving profit or safeguarding the planet – but not both. In the intervening years we’ve proved again and again here at DSM that it really is possible to do well by doing good. After all, why achieve commercial success in a world that fails?
It’s a belief that every one of our 23,000 people worldwide holds dear – and delivers on each and every day across the fields of Nutrition & Health, Climate & Energy and Resources & Circularity.
In fact, we’re so passionate about building a better world that our company strategy is aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (five in particular) that were adopted by the United Nations in 2015.
To make our ambitions of boosting economic prosperity, environmental progress and societal advancement a reality, we’ll continue to be Purpose-led and Performance-driven.
It’s the best way we know of ensuring that we keep growing, and that our bright science continues to create solutions that make life brighter for people everywhere – both today and for generations to come.
Job function: Innovation
Experience level: Experienced Hire
Business: DSM Nutritional Products
Formulation Development Technologist, DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
Purpose of the position
This position includes enabling application, research & development of fortified food products, raw material innovation and process engineering. The position requires a soldi understanding of food nutrition, QA/QC and regulatory functions, a customer service focus and good interpersonal skills.
The formulation development technologist will provide knowledge and expertise in technical aspects of nutritional fortification and formulations to the business and be able to effectively communicate with customers, peers and the wider business. The role aims to add value to DSM by forging new business partnerships and strengthening existing business relations.
- Work with a team of formulators. product development & application technologists at DSM.
- Coordinate activities with sales, marketing, operations, quality & regulatory departments.
- Provide technical support to DSM internal & external customers and stakeholders.
- Use appropriate information according to country food regulations and other relevant information to support the design of premixes for products exported to various countries.
- Support raw material knowledge development and new raw material qualification.
- Support the performance or application studies with premixes and new ingredients.
- Continue to develop detailed knowledge of DSM ingredients and their applications
- Conduct trouble shooting for plant & product developments to resolve quality issues.
- Support technical training for internal and external customers.
- To comply with DSM SHE requirements and instructions and other standards relevant for the work.
- To maintain proper documentation for product formulations.
- As required support sales and marketing teams at trade shows, seminars and customer presentations.
13. Identify and participate in the development of new technologies for continuous improvement
- Candidate must possess at least a Degree in Food Science & Technology.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in new product formulation and process development.
- Possess general knowledge on food and ingredients nutritional analysis methods.
- Possess general knowledge on food and ingredients microbiological analysis methods.
- Must be familiar with food safety regulations, e.g. ISO, HACCP & GMP practices.
- Have working knowledge of food standards regarding the use of premix ingredients.
- Maintain and update technical data systems and standards for raw materials and finished product.
- Good communication skill and ability to work as a team.
- Possess strategic and analytical skills.
Have competence in the use of Microsoft Suite products & familiar with various database system including SAP.
- Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.