ACCESS Development Services is a national livelihoods promotion organization with a focus on incubating innovations and developing sustainable models for livelihoods promotion of the poor. To this end, ACCESS is structured uniquely to work at all levels of the value chain – implementing programmes on the ground (Tier I), working with Civil Society
Organizations, Government Departments, Corporate sector, and Multilateral / Bilateral Agencies (Tier II) as also undertaking national initiatives to influence and support policy initiatives and strengthening the enabling environment (Tier III). ACCESS, with its head office in New Delhi has a pan-India presence having state offices in 9 states and 26
- POSITION: Executive – Food Quality & Operations
- LOCATION: – Kolkata
- REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager – Food Processing
- LEVEL/GRADE: Sr. Coordinator
A short summary about the Project:
The proposed U D A A N program has 4 key objectives
- strengthening and building the abilities of existing Farmer Producer Organizations to sustainably engage in the value chain
- focusing on creating model women FPOs
- facilitating local value addition through food processing/packaging/branding solutions to enable FPOs to compete in high value markets and
- Promoting climate resilient practices for long term sustainability of farm-based livelihoods.
In this context, ACCESS is inviting applications from self-driven professionals, who are interested to take on the role of Food
Quality & Operations. To support and ensure that all the processing plants established under the projects at FPO’s to meet all current legislation and customer requirements through the end to end operation management and quality assurance of the manufactured products by internal audits programme, maintenance of product specifications across
and ensuring day to day coordination with plant technician for compliance of product manufacture and process
documentation against product specifications and quality standards to fulfil the objectives of the project.
Position Type: 1-year renewable contact (Based on requirement/performance)
1) To manage and conduct Good Manufacturing and Hygienic Practices, Quality Control, conducts internal
audits against defined schedules, agreeing and ensuring the implementation of preventative and corrective
actions from non-conformances identified with Management team and relevant departments within agreed timescales.
2) To prepare SOP’s and conduct audits of process and technical procedural documentation and to ensure that
daily plant process paperwork is collated and reviewed. To assist in the resolution of day to day quality or product / process compliance issues in conjunction with the FPO teams.
3) To compile all product specifications (in the format required by the customer and related internal manufacturing specifications, reviewing and updating them as required.
4) To ensure raw material specifications are available for all components and packaging used or being trialled
on site and that supplier files are kept up to date with the relevant accreditation certificates and questionnaires.
5) To log, investigate and follow up on all customer complaints and resolve internally/externally as required.
6) Attend all plants trials, ensure all documentation is captured, ensuring that trial samples are sent forFPOs microbiological shelf life testing and the organoleptic assessment of products is completed throughout.
For product launches, ensuring product recipes, key cards and other relevant documentation is available.
7) To ensure all equipment requiring calibration is sent in a timely manner to maintain the site calibration matrix.
8) Training and capacity building of the members associated with the FPOs.
Education & Experience:
1) Bachelor Degree in Food Technology/ Science (or related discipline) qualification to from reputed institutes.
2) 1 – 2 years of technical experience working for a food manufacturer on similar role; quality control/ shift supervisor etc.
3) Experience of plant operations, quality control, product testing.
4) Knowledge of relevant food safety legislation, HACCP and current FSSAI food quality standards for processing and packaging.
5) Demonstrable experience in product development and recipe design will have added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2) Accurate and precise with demonstrable attention to detail.
3) IT Literate in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and Power Point etc.)
4) Stakeholder Management
Travel Requirement: 10- 30 %
The salary range for this position is commensurate to industry standards and will be determined based upon experience
set of the candidate and the HR policies of the organization.
ACCESS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability,
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV and cover letter addressing to the above requirements Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline is February 28th, 2023.
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)