Working at Amazon
What unites Amazon employees across teams and geographies is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier.
The scope and scale of our mission drives us to seek diverse perspectives, be resourceful, and navigate through ambiguity. Inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible isn’t easy, but we embrace this challenge every day.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Building an Inclusive Culture
We are a company of builders who bring varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view to inventing on behalf of all customers.
Our diverse perspectives are enriched by many dimensions, including race, ethnicity, gender, age, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, culture, language, and education, as well as professional and life experience.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and leveraging our unique perspectives to scale our impact and grow.
Amazon Food is looking for a proven Senior Program Manager to lead process changes roadmap, innovation and enhancements for our Amazon Food delivery experience program in hyperlocal space. To be successful in this role you should have a deep program/project management background, experience in owning scalable processes with high impact and defining short and long-term strategy and vision in program space. You should possess strong business acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking. You should understand the processes end-to-end to drive teams towards business solutions and drive strategic communications across organizations providing clarity in decisions.
The delivery experience Senior Program Manager role in Amazon Food is focused on understanding the needs of customers and coming up with creative and often visionary processes, solutions and driving Defect Reduction in the Operations Performance domain.
Key job responsibilities
Candidate must be customer obsessed and possess strong analytical skills, exceptional communication abilities and a strategic mindset. Candidate must be a team player and bring experience working with cross functional teams. Prior experience in consumer internet space or in the customer experience or data analytics space is preferred. This role is responsible for working with the worldwide Amazon team to formulate recommendations on new business initiatives and partnering with operations, technology teams, and program teams to implement these recommendations. As a Senior program manager, you will develop long-term strategies to offer customer-centric features and programs, and ensure quality onsite customer experience, merchant experience and overall service. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about managing challenging, lengthy projects across multiple teams and locations. He or she will be comfortable marshaling large amounts of data to make decisions and build business cases. We are looking for a Senior Program Manager who shares Amazon’s passion for the customer— someone who understands the importance of compelling features and functionalities in driving great customer experience.
In this role you will,
1. Identify and prioritize the most immediate improvement opportunities in program space.
2. Benchmark competitive experiences across the customer value chain, and define and implement roadmap of programmatic interventions and improvements that ensure Amazon leadership for each of these.
3. Create and implement a roadmap that ensures leadership in customer experience in hyperlocal business category.
A day in the life
Deliverables would include:
1. Define and drive a world-class customer experience. Create alignment for the program vision for delivery experience performance process. Translate the delivery experience into a logically sequenced and optimized program roadmap.
2. Defining strategy and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for delivery ops process for offline Food Proposition.
3. Partner with leaders to establish delivery experience strategy for Amazon Food.
4. Maintain a program roadmap and manage prioritization and trade-offs among delivery experience, cost and operational support load.
5. Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals. Lead cross-functionally to ensure we implement the business vision efficiently.
6. Own and influence ongoing and continuous improvement of the customer experience and defect reduction for delivery experience Programs.
7. Prepare business cases for initiatives targeted at improving customer experience and partner with the appropriate cross-functional teams to deliver them.
About the team
Amazon Food, food delivery by Amazon, is building the next generation food delivery offering for consumers and restaurants. We offer an entrepreneurial environment where innovating independently, launching quickly, and having fun are paramount.