The National Institute of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management – Thanjavur (NIFTEM-T) is a pioneer Research and Educational Institution under the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India. Dr. V. Subrahmanyan. an eminent scientist and founder Director, Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore, after his retirement, started PPRC in 1967 as R & D laboratory in the Modern Rice Mill complex of Thanjavur Co-operative Marketing Federation (TCMF) at Tiruvarur, Tamil Nadu, India under the dedicated leadership and the able guidance of late. The mandate of the Institute at its inception was to seek solutions for preserving high moisture paddy because the paddy harvest season in Southern India coincided with the tail end of the South West monsoon. The Institute was later upgraded as a national laboratory with the name Paddy Processing Research Centre (PPRC) in 1972. At the time of up-gradation the mandates of the Institute were also changed and the scientists in the Institute focused their research in identifying technologies for post harvest procession and preservation of paddy. The Institute was moved to it current location at Thanjavur in 1984.
About the Workshop
NIFTEM Thanjavur Workshop focuses on
- Fundamentals of sensory analysis
- Agile product development using sensory analysis
- Data collection for sensory research
- Statistics and regression analysis for sensory research
- Sensory analysis using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Screening of macro and micronutrients of food
- Food Safety and Standards Regulations of 2011 – FSSAI
• Only PG and Ph.D students (i.e., the students pursuing their Masters or from a recognized University / Institute) working in the relevant area of are eligible to apply.
• Good academic record and experience in the relevant areas of specializations.
- To register for NIFTEM Thanjavur Workshop please fill the below Google form with the requested details and supporting documents latest by 30th November 2023.
- The applicants must produce an ‘Endorsement Letter cum No Objection Certificate (NOC)‘ from their Supervisor / Head of the Department / Head
of the Institute.
- The selection will be based on the recommendations of the selection Committee Only selected candidates will be informed by registered email ID.
- The selected candidates will have to acknowledge and send an acceptance of participation by return email.
- Accommodation and Food will be provided in students hostel.
- Second class (Sleeper class) Train fair on shortest route will be provided.
- The candidates shall wort on given assignments and submit the report.
- 100 Percent attendance is compulsory
- Certificate shall be issued after successful completion of the programme.
- Total Seats : 15
Workshop Important Dates
- Last Date for Registration: 30 November 2023
- Result Declaration: 02 December 2023
- Please read the rules regulations, terms and conditions carefully
- 100% attendance and submission of assignment and report are mandatory requirement
- For evaluation, weightage will be given to UG mark (PG Candidate) and PG marks (Ph.D candidate), specialization of thesis and statement of purposes
- Food and accommodation will be given in Institute hostel only
- Travel allowance (Sleeper class train fare only) is entitled in shortest route.
- Keep all auto, taxi bills, bus tickets, train tickets (original) for reimbursement
- Please keep ready of following documents before start submission of application
- Passport size photo, college id card, aadhar card, community certificate, signature in JPEG form
- consolidated marksheet, Project/thesis abstract of qualifying degree, statement of purposes, Endorsement letter in PDF
- For endorsement letter-click the link blue coloured and lined
- Incomplete application will be rejected
- Only selected candidates shall receive the communication
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)