The National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) was conceptualized by the Government of India on the persistent the demand of the food industry to have an apex body as a “One Stop Solution Provider” for the various problems of the sector. Ministry of Food Process- ing Industries, Government of India has set up this institute with an initial investment of Rs. 500 crores (US 100 million).
The institute is spread over an area of 100 acres. The institute intends to act as a center of excellence and an apex world-class center of global standards in the area of food technology and management. It will cater to the needs of various stakeholders such as entrepreneurs, industries, exporters, policymakers, govern- ment, and existing institutions. NIFTEM being an apex institution under the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) has developed strong linkages with industries.
The food Industry in the country looks forward to rapid growth with changes in the socio-economic environment and food consumption patterns of the prosper- ing population in general and of the youth in particular. Indian Food Processing industry is growing at a rate of 23% per annum as compared to the total in- dustrial growth of 7%, in the country. The food processing sector attracted a Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) of 188.67 million US$ in 2010-11. A study con- ducted by the Institute of Applied Manpower Research (IAMR) predicts that there is a wide skill gap at various levels in the food sector touching around 35 million by 2017. Thus food industries are going to be a major employer in the coming future.
NIFTEM aims to expand food technology research and education far be- yond the conventional realm, by covering upstream food technology disciplines and providing exposure to its students in cutting-edge areas of relevance. The focus of NIFTEM transcends beyond traditional technology applications, so as to provide better career prospects to students in the field of Food Technology & Management to enable them to meet the demands of high-end professionals in the Food Industry. Industries have given feedback difficulties in recruiting suitably trained manpower and there is a huge shortage of the same. The cur- riculum at NIFTEM has been designed as per the specific needs of the industry. Hence, the job prospects for graduate and post-graduate students of NIFTEM are extremely bright and it is expected that they would be suitably placed at levels comparable to the best in allied sectors in the country.
DETAIL ADVERTISEMENT FOR WALK – IN-INTERVIEW FOR RECRUITMENT OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (C) /RA/SRF/ PROJECT ASSISTANT ON CONTRACT BASIS
A Walk-in-interview will be conducted for the selection of Assistant Professor(C) / Research Associate – I/ Senior Research Fellow & Project Assistant on Contract Basis at National Institute of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management, Thanjavur (NIFTEM-T) – 613 005 (Tamil Nadu) on 18.12.2023 at 9.30 AM. Eligible and interested candidates can appear for the walk-in-interview for working in the following
Projects / Departments as detailed below:
- Age Limit for as on date of Interview:
Assistant Professor (Contractual): Less than 45 years RA/SRF/ Project Assistant: 35 years for men and 40 years for women
- Application Fee: Rs.500/- (SC/ST/PWD/Women Candidates are exempted from payment of fees).
- Candidates are requested to fill the application form as per the format provided in the link given below.
- The filled in application form (hard copy) should be submitted along with all the necessary documents/certificates copies during the time of interview for verification.
- Tenure of the Project for Assistant Professor (Contractual) / RA/SRF/ Project Assistant: Tenure will be initially for a period of six months or till the completion of the Project Period whichever is earlier and renewal of tenure will be done every six months based on the performance. The appointments are purely on temporary and time bound basis.
- No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interview
- Selected candidates will have to work for six days in a week except second Saturday and Government holidays.
- The selection will be based on a short duration written examination followed by an interview in person only at NIFTEM – Thanjavur. Candidates fulfilling the above eligible criteria are advised to be present on 18.12.2023 with original certificates, including OBC/SC/ST/PH certificates, grade
card / mark sheets/ publications, two numbers of colour passport size photographs and CV, as well as a set of photo copies of all relevant documents along with application form prescribed by NIFTEM-T at the time of walk-in-interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to Revise / Reschedule / Cancel / Suspend / withdraw the recruitment process without assigning any reason. The decision of the Institute shall be final and no appeal in this regard shall be entertained. The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)