We are a global nutrition company paving the way for a healthy, active life – making a mark globally for 40+ years and in India for 21+ years and counting. With our intrinsic values of top-quality and care, we offer a wide range of products that vary from weight management, target nutrition, and sports nutrition.
What sets us apart is that we grow through creating and building positive communities through our network of Herbalife Nutrition Independent Associates. They make this healthy journey personalized to suit your needs.
As a Supervisor – Supplier Quality Assurance you will ensure compliance with the Herbalife Supplier Quality Assurance Program while adhering to HLF’s global procedures and local regulations for the input raw and packaging materials that are received by Herbalife at all locations in India. This position will be required to map out and deliver the Supplier Quality Assurance Program at Herbalife Nutrition by engaging with Suppliers and conducting on-site and remote auditing to ensure the highest quality materials are supplied to Herbalife Nutrition.
This position will be based out of Zirakpur Office, Punjab, India. The position will also require extensive travel across raw & packaging material Supplier Sites located across India. The position may be transferable to other cities in India in the future, depending upon the requirements.
This position will report to Assistant Manager QA – India
The Supplier Quality Assurance Coordinator shall be responsible for developing and implementing quality control plans, audits, and metrics to assess potential new suppliers and monitor current ones. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Conducting Supplier Audits
- Lead periodic quality audits for raw and packaging material manufacturers and suppliers.
- Follow the Herbalife Nutrition audit procedure, guidelines, and techniques. Ensure ethical practices and always uphold Herbalife Nutrition values while interacting with external as well as internal stakeholders.
- Prepare Audit reports and share with stakeholder’s post approval within defined timelines.
- Track and follow-up for closure of audit observations with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure timely closure from RM/ PM Supplier.
- Schedule and develop an audit plan for raw & packaging material supplier and ensure compliance to plan along with keeping stakeholders informed about the same.
- Liaison with external audit agency for conducting audits. Be the single point of contact for external audit agency and share required information with external auditor to support them in conducting robust audits. Obtain audit report from external audit agency and share with relevant stakeholders. Track and follow-up for closure of audit observations with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure timely closure from RM/ PM Supplier.
Engagement with Suppliers
- Support Supplier in Troubleshooting with respect to raw materials and packing materials challenges. Investigate and put corrective measures in place to rectify any quality-related incidents
- Manage the root cause analysis and corrective actions process of supplier quality issues. Where appropriate work with the supplier, and create corrective action plans to address process failures.
- Perform on-site supplier visits, if required, for root cause analysis and verification of corrective actions of supplier quality issues.
- Conduct regular training for Suppliers and support in building competencies for sustaining product quality & food safety requirements. Identify innovative ways and implement regular engagement drives to help in building food safety & quality culture with Suppliers.
- Engage with suppliers to identify and share best practices, improve processes, coordinate supplier reviews, and collaborate on strategic projects.
- Prepare and maintain Supplier Quality Manual for ready references for Raw and Packaging Suppliers. Specific manuals to be prepared for Foreign Matter Prevention, Pest Management, etc.
Supplier Monitoring & Risk Assessment
- Maintain SQA dashboard. Monitor and measure SQA KPIs on a periodic basis and update stakeholders accordingly.
- Monitor Supplier Performance and identify areas of improvement. Share regular updates with stakeholders.
- Conduct Raw Material Risk Assessment (RMRA) for the existing and new raw materials. Ensure periodic reviews for existing RMRA on a regular basis as well as update new inherent risk when it is applicable.
- Identify risks in packaging materials and work with cross-functional teams to mitigate the same.
- Collaborate with Sourcing Team with the supplier approval process by assessing new supplier capabilities and support in mitigating food safety risks. Support new product launches to ensure suppliers can deliver the required quality standards for new raw materials.
- Drive and deliver continuous quality improvement initiatives related to India’s raw materials suppliers by working with internal and external relevant stakeholders.
Required Qualification and Skill
- Graduation or Post Graduation in Food Technology/ Food Science/ Chemical Technology/ Pharma/ other allied streams.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Auditing / Supplier quality assurance area. Experience in FMCG environment will be added advantage
- Must have auditing experience and dealing with suppliers and managing supplier quality issues
- Industry Type – Nutraceutical/ Ayurveda/ Food
- Preferred certified Lead Auditor – ISO 22000 or FSSC 22000
- Experience in FMCG environment will be added advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent command over the English language (Both spoken and written)
- Must be well versed with Microsoft office (Word, Power point & Excel)
📆 July month Training Calender – Limited seats join now.
1. FOSTAC Training – (3 training programs)
2. Level 1 Training programs – 1 day training (5 training programs – Special offer 50% off)
3. Internal Auditor Training (Level- 3) – 2 days Training (3 trainings programs)