Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), a statutory body under the administrative control of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India is the National Standards Body of India and is responsible for
activities in the field of Standardization, Product and System Certification, Hallmarking, Laboratory Testing etc., in the country.
BIS offers excellent opportunities to Indian nationals with proven academic credentials, professional achievements, good working knowledge of technology based skills on the computer, strong communication and
interpersonal skills and leadership qualities for engaging with BIS as Young Professionals (YPs) for Standardization Activity. The details of the advertisement are as follows:
Post – Young Professional (YP) for Standardization on Activity
- Qualifications – B.Tech/B.E. in Food/ Biotech Engg.
- Desirable: Higher qualifications /Research
- Experience/ Published Papers and post qualification experience
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience post B. Tech/B.E.
- Remuneration per month – ₹ 70,000/- (fixed for two years)
Job Location: Young Professionals shall be posted anywhere in India depending upon the requirement.
- Selection Process: All the applications received shall be scrutinized and shortlisted. Candidates will be shortlisted
in the light of their qualifications, experience and other details provided in the application form. Mere fulfillment of
qualification or shortlisting shall not confer any right to be engaged as Young Professional. Shortlisted candidates
will be called for practical assessment, written assessment, technical knowledge assessment, interview, etc. BIS
reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof.
- Tenure of Engagement: The engagement is purely on contract for a period of Two years.
- Nature of Engagement: The engagement is purely on contract basis and the engagement will be subject to
termination at the end of contract period.
- Remuneration: A consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs.70,000/- (Rupees Seventy Thousand only), fixed for
two years, will be paid to the Young Professional. The remuneration is subject to statutory deductions.
- TA/DA: No TA/DA shall be admissible for joining the assignment or on its completion. If required to travel
and stay in connection with the official assignment, TA/DA and lodging allowance as admissible to a regular BIS
officer of the Level of Sc-B/Assistant Director, will be paid.
- Leave: Young Professional shall be eligible for Twelve (12) days leave in a calendar year. No remuneration for
the period of absence in excess of admissible leave will be paid. Also, un-availed leave shall neither be carried
forward to next year nor en-cashed.
Working Hours: The Young Professional shall follow the normal office working hours as prescribed (i.e. 9.00AM to 5.30PM). However, in case of any exigency one has to sit late to complete the time bound work or
outstation assignments. Attendance would be made through Bio-metric attendance system.
No Other Assignment: The engagement is on full-time basis and Young Professional shall not take any otherassignment during the period of engagement in BIS.
- Travel, Medical Clearance and Service incurred Death, Injury or illness: In the event of the death, injury or illness of the individual YP which is attributable to the performance of services on behalf of BIS under the terms of the contract, and/or while travelling for official duty or is performing any services under the contract in any offices or premises of BIS or Government of India, the individual YP or the individual YP’s dependents, as appropriate shall not be entitled to any compensation or any claim whatsoever.
- Medical fitness and Police Verification: Police verification will be conducted after the engagement of the YPs. The YPs will also submit, a medical fitness certificate from an authorized/registered Medical Practitioner, at the time of joining.
- Termination of Contract/Engagement: The engagement of Young Professional can be terminated by BIS at any time without assigning any reasons thereof by giving them 30 days’ notice. However, in case the officer wishes to resign, he/she will have to give 30 days’ advance notice or remuneration in lieu thereof, before resigning from the engagement.
- Confidentiality of Data and Documents:
(a) The intellectual property rights of the data collected as well as deliverables produced for the BIS shall remain with BIS.
(b) The data shall not be utilized or published or disclosed or to be part with, to a third party, any part of the data or statistical or proceedings or information collected for the purpose of his assignment in BIS.
(c) The Young Professional is bound to hand over the entire set of records of assignment to the BIS
before the expiry of contract or before the final payment is released.
(d) The job of Young Professional attracts highest standards of confidentially and it is expected to be
maintained in all the actions of officer, at all levels.
- Conflict of Interest: The Young Professional appointed, shall in no case represent or give opinion or advice to
others in any matter which is in conflict to the interest of BIS.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
i) Candidates should note that, if at any stage of engagement, it is found that the candidates has submitted any false/fabricated information/documents, his/her candidature will be cancelled immediately and he/she will be liable for action as per Law/Rules.
ii) Candidates should have a valid e-mail ID & Mobile No. which should be entered at appropriate place in the application form and must remain active/valid until recruitment process is completed. No change in the email ID & mobile number will be accepted once submitted. The candidate himself/herself shall
be responsible for wrong or expired email ID & mobile number.
iii) Candidate should note that their candidature at all stages of engagement is purely on contract basis.
iv) Bureau reserves the right to amend/modify vacancies notified and any provision of this advertisement in case of any errors and omissions/deviation or to cancel the advertisement and engagement if the
circumstances so warrant.
v) Warning: Selection in the Bureau is free, fair and merit based. Any attempt to influence the selection process detected at any stage is liable to lead to termination of the candidature of service and legal action against the concerned individual will be initiated.
Any resulting dispute arising out of this advertisement including the engagement process shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Delhi.
Submission of Application: Candidates are required to apply On-line through BIS website only i.e. www.bis.gov.in. Online portal for submission of applications will be made functional from 02.12.2023 (the date of
publication of advertisement in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar). The closing date for applying will be 16.12.2023. No other means/mode of submission of applications will be accepted under any circumstances.
Applications received after the deadline or missed due to any technical glitches shall not be entertained. In case of any queries please write to email@example.com.
Application fees: No fees are required to be paid by the applicant.
Announcements: All further announcements/details pertaining to this process will only be published/provided on BIS website www.bis.gov.in from time to time. Candidates are advised to regularly keep in touch with the authorized BIS website www.bis.gov.in for details and updates.
Note: BIS reserves the right to Revise/Reschedule/Cancel/Suspend the process
and/or requirements without assigning any reasons. The decision of BIS shall be final
and no appeal shall be entertained.
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)