Advertisement No.: R/FSO/28/2022
Recruitment for General Service, Food Safety Officer
Online applications are invited from Indian Citizen for recruitment to the Post of General Service, Food Safety Officer under Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal.
Only online registration & submission of Application will be allowed on the website (www.wbhrb.in) between 29.04.2022 to 13.05.2022 (Till 01:00 PM).
Appointments are temporary but likely to be permanent.
The relevant rules and necessary particulars are stated in the following paragraph:
A candidate should verify from the notified eligibility criteria to ascertain whether he/ she is eligible for submission of application. The condition prescribed annot be relaxed. The recruitment will be made by selection, but where if a large number of applications are received, as a result of Advertisement, the Board may, for the purpose of short-listing, hold a preliminary examination.
Post – General Service, Food Safety Officer
Gender – Male, Female
Anticipated Vacancies – 38 (UR)
Qualification – Holder of a degree in Food technology/ Dairy Technology/Biotechnology/ Oil Technology/ Agricultural Science/ Veterinery Science/ BioChemistry/ Microbiology
Scale of Pay: Level-12 [Rs. 35,800/- -92,100/- under the Pay structure of W.B.S (ROPA) Rules, 2019] Other allowances admissible as per Government Rules.
A) ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION:
Holder of a degree in Food technology/ Dairy Technology/ Biotechnology/ Oil Technology/ Agricultural Science/ Veterinery Science/ Bio Chemistry/ Microbiology OR Master Degree in Chemistry/ Degree in Medicine from recognised University N.B.: The candidates once selected for the post of FSO will have to undergo training successfully as specified by the Food Authority in a recognized institute or institution approved for the purpose during the period of probation.
There is no requirement for training prior to selection. The Recognized institute of West Bengal is Administrative Training Institute (ATI). The minimum period of training is 40 days i.e. 14 days theoretical or classroom training, three(03) days Lab training and rest 23 days field training. The training will be as “In-Service Training” and successful completion is required for final recruitment.
Knowledge in Bengali and other languages as per the Government Order for the time being in force- Spoken and Written. iv) However no person who has any financial interest in the manufacture, import or sale of any article of food shall be appointed to be a Food Safety Officer under the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006; Rules, 2011 & Regulations, 2011.
B. MARKS CALCULATION :
1.B. Holder of a degree in Food technology/ Dairy Technology/ Biotechnology/ Oil Technology/ Agricultural Science/ Veterinery Science/ BioChemistry/ Microbiology OR Master Degree in Chemistry/ Degree in Medicine from recognised University
1.B.i) Candidates are requested to upload all years’ Mark Sheets including supplementary marksheets of the examination (Holder of a degree in Food technology/ Dairy Technology/ Biotechnology/ Oil Technology/ Agricultural Science/ Veterinery Science/ Bio-Chemistry/ Microbiology OR Master Degree in Chemistry/ Degree in Medicine from recognised University)in the space provided for the same.
1.B.ii) Marks obtained ( IN ALL SUBJECTS/ PAPERS SHOWN IN THE MARKSHEETS) in the any of the aforesaid qualification to be filled in the space for “Marks Obtained”(all years) and sum total of full marks in respect of ALL SUBJECTS/PAPERS should be filled in the space for “Full Marks”(all years). 1.B.
iii) If mark sheet contains grade instead of marks, candidate has to substantiate the concerned conversion sheet (ALL YEARS TOGETHER) in order to assess the percentage of marks OF ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED QUALIFICATION obtained by the candidate. 40%
MARKS WILL BE ALLOTTED IF A CANDIDATE FAILS TO UPLOAD GRADE CONVERSION SHEET ALONG WITH THE MARKSHEETS SHOWING THE CANDIDATES HAVE PASSED THE REQUISITE QUALIFICATION.
C) C.i. While applying for the post, candidates will be considered to have declared that he/she has “ No financial interest in the manufacture, import or sale of any article of food under the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006; Rules, 2011 & Regulations, 2011” . Legal steps will be taken if a candidate has been found, at the time of OR after applications, to have financial interest in the manufacture, import or sale of any article of food under the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006; Rules, 2011 & Regulations, 2011.
C.ii. This is once again restated that : However no person who has any financial interest in the manufacture, import or sale of any article of food shall be appointed to be a Food Safety Officer under the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006; Rules, 2011 & Regulations, 2011. D) In the column “Additional Attempt”, candidates are requested to put “No” as no deduction of marks is there for additional attempt.
Age: Date of birth should be between 01-Jan-1986 and 01-Jan-2001 for all candidates; Maximum Relaxation is 5
Age: Lower Age Limit: Minimum 21 years of age as on 1st January,2022. Maximum Age Limit: Maximum 36 years of age as on 1st January,2022. Persons with Disabilities (Physically handicapped) [40% and above] must have a certificate from an appropriate Medical Board[vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1999] . For age proof, admit card or mark sheet of Class X or MP or equivalent or any Government ID Proof (which one contains the D.O.B. of the candidate).
Note: A. Reservation for exempted category shall be considered only when supported by Certificate issued by appropriate Authority, as defined by Directorate of Employment, Labour Department, Government of West Bengal, where applicable. B.NO AGE RELAXATION FOR BEING SC/ST/OBC/PWD CATEGORY SHALL BE ENTERTAINED FOR PREPARATION OF PANEL UNDER UR CATEGORY.
Fee: Candidates must submit the online application fee amounting Rs. 210/- (Rupees two hundred ten) only through Banks participating in the GRPS (Govt. Receipt Portal System). Money order, Cheque, Bank Draft, and Cash etc. shall not be accepted.
No application shall be considered unless accompanied by the requisite application fee excepting Candidates belonging to SC/ST category of West Bengal and persons with disabilities specified under Disabilities Rule, 1999 (certificates obtained before the Advertisement date) who do not require to pay any fee. Such exemption of fee is, however, not applicable to any OBC candidate.
No claim for refund of the fee shall be entertained nor shall it be held in reserved for any other examination.
In case, any of the statement made in the application subsequently found to be false within the knowledge of the candidates- his/her candidature shall be liable to be cancelled, and even if appointed to a post on the results of this examination his/her appointment shall be liable to be terminated. Willful suppression of any material fact shall also be similarly dealt with.
Candidates should take particular note that entries in their application submitted to the Board must be made correctly against all the items which shall be treated as final and no alteration , addition or deletion in this regard shall be allowed after full submission of the application. Application not duly filled in or found incomplete or defective in any respect or without fee shall be liable to rejection.
Candidates must fulfill the essential qualification at the time of submission of application. No degree or experience certificate issued after the last date of submission of application will be considered.
Particulars and Certificates required:
(a) A candidate claiming to be S.C./S.T./O.B.C. must have a certificate in support of his/her claim from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below [vide the west Bengal SCs and STs (Identification) Act, 1994 and SCs /STs Welfare Department order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated with B.C.W. Deptt. Order No. 6320-BCH/MR-84/10 dated 24.09.20l0]:
In the District, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
In Kolkata, District Welfare Officer, Kolkata & ex-officio Jt. Director, Backward Classes Welfare Deptt., Govt. of West Bengal [No.2420-BCW/MR-61/2012 (Pt.) dated 12.07.13.
No claim for being a member of the SC, ST and OBC, or a Person with Disability shall be entertained after submission of the application
(b) Persons with Disabilities (physically handicapped) must have a certificate from an appropriate Medical Board [vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1999]
(c) The West Bengal Health Recruitment Board (WBHRB) may require such further proof or particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries regarding eligibility. Original Certificates relating to citizenship (by registration), age, qualifications, caste (SC/ST/BC), Physical disability shall have to be submitted when the WBHRB asks for them. If any candidate fails to furnish any certificate or any other relevant document or information relating to his/her candidature within the time specified by the Board, his/her claim for allotment may be passed over without further reference to him/her.
Persons with Disabilities (Physically handicapped) [40% and above] must have a certificate from an appropriate Medical Board [vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1999] .
Submission of more than one application is strictly forbidden.
A candidate should note that his/her participation in the examination & interview process shall be deemed provisional subject to determination of his/her eligibility in all respects. If at any stage even after issuance of the letter of appointment a candidate is found in-eligible for admission to this Examination, his/her Candidature shall be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
Canvassing: Any attempt on the part of candidate to enlist support for his/her application shall disqualify him/her for appointment.
Applicants need to take print-out of the application form. Two copies have to be submitted at the time of the recruitment Process.
Note:- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply using Online Application Form, much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid congestion on Web-Server on account of heavy load on website
- Marks Distribution: 85
- Interview marks – 15
1. Candidate has to upload all the relevant documents (wherever applicable), preparing a single pdf file or take snap shots of all the relevant documents preparing a single image of jpeg/ png format with high resolution while applying in the website. Candidates are requested to upload the relevant documents in legible and readable format in the space provided for the same. If any document is uploaded in the space provided for the other one, the candidature may be rejected.
2. Scanning of original copy of all the relevant documents will be taken into consideration.
3. Candidate has to be careful that all the words/ marks in the uploaded documents shall be
readable clearly, otherwise such uploaded documents will not be accepted and candidature may be rejected.
4. Short listing of candidates may be made before the Interview on the basis of academic scores OR on the basis of written test (if decided later) or both. The marks distribution pattern may be changed if written test is conducted for the above mentioned post.
5. Applications received after the scheduled date and time for submission of application will be rejected.
6. Address Proof: If Government ID Proof ( i.e. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/Driving License/Passport etc.) is not available, then candidates may submit any certificate issued by the revenue office/ municipality/BDO Office/Panchayat Office as their present address.
7. Photo: Recent colour front-facing passport size photograph with single color background(60% of the photograph must be covered by face) must be uploaded.
8. Signature: Full running signature in blue/black ball point pen on white blank sheet must be uploaded. No short signature/ initial will be entertained.
9. No higher qualification without essential qualification shall be entertained.
10. Candidates are requested to upload all the relevant documents /certificates with period/tenure ending on or before the last date of submission of application.
11. Edit Mode : After uploading documents through online, candidates may edit any information and re upload documents only before the final submission process is completed. Every time a candidate has to log in and go through all the steps till final submission. No step can be skipped. Editing in any step may be done and other steps may be kept unchanged using the “SAVE” button in all the steps. Candidates, for whom fee exemption is not applicable, cannot edit document after payment process is completed whereas candidates, for whom fee exemption is applicable, cannot edit document after final submission.
12. Clauses in the advertisements may be modified/added subsequently. In case of discrepancy, if any , decision of the Board will be final.
13. Marks obtained in written examination, if held, may be considered while preparing merit list.
14. Candidates are requested to follow the website of WBHRB regularly for further notice.
15. Candidates are requested to be careful while filling in the information and uploading the documents. As the entire process is software based, sending documents through email or hardcopies cannot be uploaded. Hence such request cannot be entertained.
16. While applying for the post, candidates will be considered to have declared that he/she has “ No financial interest in the manufacture,
import or sale of any article of food under the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006; Rules, 2011 & Regulations, 2011” . Legal steps will be taken if a candidate has been found, at the time of OR after applications, to have
financial interest in the manufacture, import or sale of any article of food under the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006; Rules, 2011 & Regulations, 2011.
17. Candidature of a candidate shall be rejected forthwith for any error in documents submitted/ information filled in by the concerned candidate.