At Cargill, everything begins with our purpose to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Customers choose us for our world of expertise, delivered locally, quickly and reliably in a way that creates value together for them and us. Every day, we connect customers and suppliers to the world by developing personal relationships and setting the standard high on the way we work. When you join our team, you’ll discover that our diverse businesses and products span a wide range of industries, geographies and disciplines. No matter what you want to accomplish, at Cargill, you’re empowered to be your best. Join us to make connections, achieve your higher purpose and create a meaningful, global impact.
The way we succeed is just as important as success itself. We approach business with a sense of respect and responsibility. Our purpose, vision, values and leadership expectations influence and inspire how we tackle everyday challenges … and create lasting, global impact.
See how our employees around the world have come together to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way.
Our Purpose and Vision
- Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way
- Our vision is to be the most trusted partner in agriculture, food and nutrition
We are successful when employees choose us, customers prefer us, communities welcome us and owners earn an attractive return.
- Do the Right Thing
- Put People First
- Reach Higher
Job ID 267190
Date posted 05/10/2023
Location : Delhi, India
Job Purpose and Impact
The Category Lead – Convenience will define and execute research and development projects on process and product development. In this role, you will be responsible for ideation, building business cases and project proposals. You will communicate the conclusions and follow up actions with relevant departments to ensure strong stakeholder management.
- Contribute to the innovation pipeline and portfolio with ideas for the conversion of scientific research and growth of distinctive product and process offerings and support parts of more complex innovation and cost improvement projects.
- Assist in managing process improvement and novel ingredients discovery and communicate project results, recommending actionable next steps to internal and external stakeholders.
- Secure innovation property rights by collaborating with intellectual asset management to assist with the development of strategies, processes and control mechanisms to ensure compliance with regulations and company policies.
- Participate research and development innovation growth by collaborating with businesses and with technology partners such as universities, research and development organizations and industry forums.
- Conduct research and experiments and analyze results that include interpretation of completed trial results.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Engineering
- Considerate knowledge on emulsion technology and Rheology.
- Preferred to have experience as category leader.
- Working experience on key analytical and application equipment’s
- Good understanding on convenience category (emulsified and non-emulsified sauces, snacks, instant noodles, canned foods, non dairy creamer ) including processing equipment or production experience in the related category
- Thorough knowledge of Starches & Sweeteners, Hydrocolloids, Lecithin, Functional Systems, Fats/ Oils or other related ingredients
- Good problem solving and critical thinking, with good business acumen
- Good reporting and presentation skills
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)