After independence, development of the rural sector was considered the primary concern of the Government of India. In 1949, with the appointment of the Radhakrishnan University Education Commission, imparting of agricultural education through the setting up of rural universities became the focal point. Later, in 1954 an Indo-American team led by Dr. K.R. Damle, the Vice-President of ICAR, was constituted that arrived at the idea of establishing a Rural University on the land-grant pattern of USA.
As a consequence a contract between the Government of India, the Technical Cooperation Mission and some land-grant universities of USA, was signed to promote agricultural education in the country. The US universities included the universities of Tennessee, the Ohio State University, the Kansas State University, The University of Illinois, the Pennsylvania State University and the University of Missouri.
The task of assisting Uttar Pradesh in establishing an agricultural university was assigned to the University of Illinois which signed a contract in 1959 to establish an agricultural University in the State. Dean, H.W. Hannah, of the University of Illinois prepared a blueprint for a Rural University to be set up at the Tarai State Farm in the district Nainital, UP. In the initial stage the University of Illinois also offered the services of its scientists and teachers. Thus, in 1960, the first agricultural university of India, UP Agricultural University, came into being by an Act of legislation, UP Act XI-V of 1958.
The Act was later amended under UP Universities Re-enactment and Amendment Act 1972 and the University was rechristened as Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology keeping in view the contributions of Pt. Govind Ballabh Pant, the then Chief Minister of UP. The University was dedicated to the Nation by the first Prime Minister of India Pt Jawaharlal Nehru on 17 November 1960.
The G.B. Pant University is a symbol of successful partnership between India and the United States. The establishment of this university brought about a revolution in agricultural education, research and extension. It paved the way for setting up of 31 other agricultural universities in the country.
The Campus appears impressive today with its well-tended fields, a network of roads, housing colonies, street lighting, a telephone exchange, hospitals, marketing centres, a water supply section, 6 primary schools and 3 secondary schools. The main campus lies in Udham Singh Nagar district of Uttarakhand at 29 N latitude and 79 E longitude at an elevation of 243.8 m above the mean sea level. This main campus has the area responsibility for the entire Uttarakhand representing plains, Tarai, Bhabar and hill areas.
However, to provide service to the hill region its other stations are situated at Ranichauri (Tehri district), Majhera (Nainital district) and at Lohaghat-Sui (Champavat district). There are 763 teachers and officers 59 technical staff, 631 administrative and ministerial personnel and 1425 class III employees, amounting to a total strength of 2878. The number of students in the University ranges between 4200-4400. Thus, the teacher taught ratio is about 1:6.
TEACHING PERSONNEL – G.B.Pant University of Agriculture & Technology Pantnagar
Applications in the prescribed format are invited for 03 Position) of TEACHING PERSONNEL (With reservation as SC 01, OBC-UKF 01, GEN 01), in Department of Food Science and Technology of this college for I Semester 2022-23 on contractual basis @650/-per hour, maximum 30,000/-per month for candidates fulfiling eligibility of Assistant Professors in the University or @550/-per hour, maximum 25,000/-per month for candidates not fulfilling eligibility of Assistant Professors in the University, or as per further revisions of Order No. PMA/DPO/F-270/8266 dated 29.06.2015, if any.
Essential Oualifications for Assistant Professors:
Ph.D. /Doctorate Degree in the subject concemed (Food Science and Technology) or related field/ Master’s degree in the concemed diseipline with at least 60% marks or equivalent in the point scale system.
A relaxation of 59% may be provided at the graduate and Master’s level for the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Differently-able (Physically and visually differently-able) candidates For candidates having Masters degree, NET (National Eligibility Test) /SLET shall remain compulsory alongwith one publication in NAAS rated refemed joumals.
Essentiality of NET is waived off for the candidates holding Ph.D. degree with course work, alongwith at least two full length publications having a NAAS rating not less than 4, on the last date of submission of application. The candidates with Ph.D. degree without course work will not qualify for NET exemption.
Desirable qualifications for Teaching Personnel Positions
Prior experience of Teaching UG/PG courses of Food Science and Technology, at College or / University level.
- The last date of submission of application to the office of Head, Dept of Food Science and Technology, College of Agriculture through e-mail only at firstname.lastname@example.org is 7h Feb, 2023.
- The candidates may have to make presentation on any topic related to Food Science and appear in interview 8h Feb, 2023, at 9.30 am in office of the Head, Deptt of Food Science & Tech., College of Agriculture, 1. 2. on Pantnagar.
- The candidates should bring their original certificates and a set of attested copies with respect to academic qualifications, teaching experience, publications, and category as applicable, indicated in the application form at the time of interview.
- Number of seats may increase or decrease as per change in requirements. 5. The College further reserves the right not to fill any of the posts at its discretion without assigning any reason Seiected candidales shall be engaged on contractuai basis for 1 Semester 2022-25 oniy and shai be required to join the duties immediately.
- The terms and conditions of engagement will be as per policy approved by the University. No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending interview.
- In the event that no eligible candidate is available at the time of interview from the reserved categories, the position shall be filled from open category, considering the compulsions of the teaching faculty needs of department.
- No separate intimation shall be made for the interview
🔔👥 WhatsApp Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same. & Be aware, we never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
🖥️ CQI & IRCA certified Lead auditor
🖥️ Food safety Internal Auditor
🖥️ Food safety Level 1 training
🖥️ FSSAI FOSTAC training
🖥️ Internship program