The Coca-Cola Company is a total beverage company with products sold in more than 200 countries and territories.
Our company’s purpose is to refresh the world and make a difference. Our portfolio of brands includes Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta and other sparkling soft drinks. Our hydration, sports, coffee and tea brands include Dasani, smartwater, vitaminwater, Topo Chico, Powerade, Costa, Georgia, Gold Peak, Ayataka, and BodyArmor. Our nutrition, juice, dairy and plant-based beverage brands include Minute Maid, Simply, innocent, Del Valle, fairlife and AdeS.
We’re constantly transforming our portfolio, from reducing sugar in our drinks to bringing innovative new products to market. We seek to positively impact people’s lives, communities and the planet through water replenishment, packaging recycling, sustainable sourcing practices and carbon emissions reductions across our value chain. Together with our bottling partners, we employ more than 700,000 people, helping bring economic opportunity to local communities worldwide.
Refresh the world. Make a difference.
Our vision is to craft the brands and choice of drinks that people love, to refresh them in body & spirit. And done in ways that create a more sustainable business and better shared future that makes a difference in people’s lives, communities and our planet.
Coca-Cola India Private Limited is a Great Place to Work-Certified™ organization. Great Place to Work® Certification is recognized world over by employees and employers alike and is considered the ‘Gold Standard’ in identifying and recognizing Great Workplace Cultures. Coca-Cola India Private Limited has created a Great Place to Work FOR ALL their employees by excelling on the 5 dimensions of a High-Trust, High-Performance Culture™ – Credibility, Respect, Fairness, Pride and Camaraderie.
Business Description: As part of an operating unit for India, this organization owns the brands and is responsible for consumer brand marketing initiatives. We make our branded beverage products available to consumers around the country through our network of Company-owned and independent bottlers system.
Location: Gurugram, Haryana IN
Job ID: R-87249
Post Date: April 19, 2023
Senior Manager – Quality & Food Safety
The QA Consultant position is a key connection to strategically leverage the company sustainability initiatives in the context of customer opportunities.
In this role you’ll be responsible for maintaining the integrity and effectiveness of the Quality and Food Safety Systems by assuring compliance, including implementation, monitoring, trend analysis, and reporting requirements through the application of appropriate regulatory, processing, and technical principles.
This role will need to work with teams to develop and execute a comprehensive strategy that includes activations and communications that increase or retain sales and promote our sustainability goals. We’re looking for a seasoned individual with prior experience in a science related role to join our team.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Drives implementation of The Coca-Cola Quality System (KORE) and ensures products, packages, ingredients, services, fountain operations and production facilities comply with the requirements of KORE and local regulations, through directing the development and implementation of effective quality programs throughout the geography.
- Monitors the effectiveness of Quality and Food Safety programs to ensure 100% compliance with quality principles, policies, and standards of the Company in all bottling plants through end-to-end Quality/Food Safety Assessments and ensure that corrective action/continuous improvement plans are developed.
- Develops and implements business plans to execute company’s and Business Unit’s Quality & Food Safety strategy including compliance tracking, approval of the suppliers & consultants, review/approval of the designs with in the plant, follow-up new technologies/trends, and investigate/share the best practices and their applications onsite; offers solutions to technical problems and provides guidance on Quality & Food Safety matters.
- Provides technical expertise to bottling partners, co-packers and other stakeholders for establishment of new plants, processes and line investments and conducts technical validation programs together with plants in order to qualify and authorize new or modified process systems and/or equipment.
- Manages product and package quality performance in the market and improve quality and supports implementation of periodical market surveys done by bottler; conducts trade planning & management (TPM) studies annually with bottler and ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Provides guidelines to beverage plants on various sampling requirements of The Coca-Cola Company and facilitates the plants by creating liaison between them and company/3rd party laboratories.
- Develops new processes and quality system applications, identifies technical investment needs and monitors the effectiveness of developments in order to provide new category products manufacturing capability in bottling plants.
- Provides technical guidance to Business Unit Marketing, Commercialization, R&D teams and Bottler Operations for new product/package launches and system/line start-ups and coordinates Bottler Team for trouble shooting of product formula related and process related problems.
- Creates master mixing instructions and all required data for bottling plants to produce the new products in accordance with product formula and company requirements.
- Conducts regular technical plant visits to support and monitor quality and manufacturing processes and provides an integrated technical support, expertise and guidance during the implementation.
- Trains front line leaders for KORE requirements, laboratory analyses, manufacturing processes and quality system.
- Builds a process for sustainability engagement with customer account teams in Retail and Food Service & On-Premise (FSOP) to identify and evaluate potential customer partnership opportunities specifically focused on increasing sales.
- Assists in the development of a coherent customer sustainability strategy through collaboration and technical advocacy with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages and/or conducts audits of fountain customers to evaluate conformance to the standards and specifications for beverage quality and food safety.
Qualification & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Biology or related field is required
- 5+ years of work experience with progression of quality systems management in a manufacturing environment preferably in the consumer good industry.
- Demonstrated successful experience and abilities in the areas of: Sustainability, scientific and regulatory affairs, Quality Management Systems and applications (ISO 9001, Lean, Six Sigma, GFSI, etc.), food regulatory and microbiology.
- An understanding of the broader sustainability topics including areas of water, energy & climate, sustainable agriculture, packaging and recovery.
- Must have capability to review, analyze, summarize, and interpret quality systems data, draw conclusions, interpret quality systems data, draw conclusions, make appropriate decisions and recommendations, write reports and give oral presentations.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, facilitation and communication skills
- Demonstrated skill to persuade/influence both internally and externally to the function and organization.
- System economics, value chain and supply chain finance
- Technical knowledge and experience in bottling operations, beverage production technology and supplier processes. Management system knowledge and auditing process knowledge
- Ability to understand risks and create mitigation plans.
- Knowledge of packaging, product, and ingredient
- Experience with Program Measurement and Measurement Verification are ideal
- Experience with customer teams and audits is preferred
What We Can Do For You
- Purpose Driven: Purpose driven approach that empowers our people to protect the environment and communities we serve while delivering safe & quality products.
- Global Connections: Allows you to develop, enhance and maintain global connections that allow us to move faster and learn from others.
- Community of Belonging: We’re an organization that believes our ability to continually grow and build the right atmosphere where people feel safe and empowered allows you bring your best self to work.
Packaging Engineering; Program Measurement (Inactive); Sustainability; Lean Manufacturing; Environmental Science; Measurement Verification; Project Management; Six Sigma; Communication; Root Cause Analyses; Food Safety and Sanitation; Compliance; ISO 9001; Environmental Compliance; Influence; Green Solutions; System Economics; Continuous Improvement (CI)
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)