Designation: Production Manager
Reporting to: Plant Manager
1. Scope of the job:
Overseeing the production process. To plan, direct, and coordinate the production activities in order to achieve the targeted production for the year with efficiency, quality and cost.
2. Key responsibilities:
- Plan, Direct and Supervise the production as per the market requirements.
- Ensuring that the products are produced in a timely manner and are meeting all statutory/ regulatory and customer requirements.
- Oversees purchase of ingredients, packing material and supplies, and ensure timely availability of the same and maintain plant inventories at their optimal.
- Preparation of estimates in respect of modernization, up gradation of the plant and production process and implementing any new projects in the process area.
- Maximizing line efficiency and minimizing downtime by putting in place strong systems for preventive maintenance and root cause analysis.
- Ensuring preventive maintenance and calibration of all equipment’s as per the schedule.
- Ensuring high levels of hygiene in the production area.
- Monitoring and reducing of wastes in packaging and raw material.
- Ensuring safety and quality in packaging with stage-wise monitoring of various quality and microbiological parameters.
- Co-ordinate with quality department to address all quality, food safety and customer related issues.
- Ensure corrective action investigation, root cause analysis is performed.
- Engage in product development, including product concept, formula development, artwork development, cost evaluation, market survey and close co-ordination with quality team for testing and product approval.
- To identify training needs, and ensuring proper trainings are provided.
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed in the plant.
3. Measures to success:
- Responsible for the development, implementation and execution of strategic plans that optimize sales, market share and revenue growth of a brand in the short and long term.
- Continuously improving efficiency of the production process, improving productivity and minimizing wastages.
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and timelines
- Delivers continuous improvement in key initiatives of Cost, Quality, Service, People, and Environment through efficient use of materials, equipment and resources.
- Ensure output meets food safety and quality standards
- Ensures implementation of GMP’s, GHP’s and the HACCP Plan.
Qualification: Graduation in Dairy Technology/ Food Technology
Experience: Preferably in Dairy industry (3- 5yrs of work experience in production)
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online & Offline both available)