Diageo India is the country’s leading beverage alcohol company with an outstanding collection of premium brands – a business built on the foundation and principles laid down by the giants of the industry.
We are India’s leading beverage alcohol company with an outstanding portfolio of premium brands. We are a high performing business that is sensitive to consumer, community, and societal needs. We are proud of being a responsible producer and marketer of beverage alcohol, and we champion responsible consumption as part of a balanced lifestyle.
A subsidiary of global leader, Diageo, our world class portfolio includes premium brands such as Johnnie Walker, Black Dog, Black & White, Vat 69, Antiquity, Signature, Singelton, Royal Challenge, McDowell’s No 1, Smirnoff, Ketel One, Tanqueray and Captain Morgan.
Our strength lies in our scale, the geographical diversity of our business and our desire to continuously improve our performance. We have 50 manufacturing facilities across states and union territories in India, a strong distribution network and a state-of-the-art Technical Centre. And our dedicated team of talented people are passionate about providing the best possible experience from every single one of our products.
Incorporated in India as United Spirits Limited (USL), Diageo India is listed on both the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
We are proud to produce and market some of the world’s best brands – and we want them to be enjoyed responsibly. Our goal is for people to drink better, not more – which is why we are committed to promoting moderation and tackling misuse.
Through our collaborations with government and other like minded partners, we champion responsible drinking and are working to reduce drinking and driving as well as harmful drinking, by raising awareness and promoting rigorous industry standards for responsible consumption
• MSc in Food Science / Sensory Science. Additional certifications including PhD preferred.
• 5- 8 Years of relevant project and/or research experience (food or beverage) including doctoral research. May include experience leading project teams.
Knowledge & skills:
• Sound technical knowledge in R&D (sensory science)
• Presentation skills
• Data management & interpretation skills.
• Working knowledge on the use of statistics for data validation.
• Ability to interpret data and make conclusions. Use of statistical tools for data analysis.
Best Suited for Someone who
• Has excellent communication skills and is a team player
• Has the natural ability of simplifying an apparently complex situation
• Well developed interpersonal skills, Numeracy skills, Commercial awareness, Communication skills, Team working skills
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1 Sensory Science
• Provide inputs into sensory training, involve in maintenance and training of descriptive and internal panels.
•Proficient in consumer guidance testing and can clearly communicate benefit and differences from CP with x-functional team.
• Provide sensory quality inputs into R&D projects, compatibility/shelf-life studies & regular samples.
• Develop and implement novel sensory and consumer research methodologies in support of innovation and product development.
• Proven skills in panel training including use of statistical and qualitative skills to identify potential issues early.
• Strong support person in development of comprehensive TLPs and challenges ideas where appropriate.
• Maintains a strong network of external suppliers and colleagues to gather ideas from.
• Will identify when current methods need modification and incorporate feedback from experienced staff to make changes.
• Excellence in communication of results and proposals to the technical community.
• Is knowledgeable and is a department advocate on the governance procedures in the serving of alcoholic beverages.
•Perform sensory analyses for R&D projects, RMs, routine samples, NPD, innovation and export consignment samples and final output data of test results into Compusense, XLStat
• Customer satisfaction
• Adherence to timelines
2 Organizational Impact and Influence
• Once direction is clear, can effectively manage self and prioritize objectives to consistently achieve objectives and business results.
• Works with leadership guidance to execute experiments to accomplish research/ project objectives within budget.
• Applies knowledge of industry trends and internal/ external developments to suggest improvements in individual and group performance.
• Develops strong relationships within and across functions.
• Identifies broader opportunities for their work and cultivates a search and spin atmosphere.
• Understands and adheres to the appropriate legal and regulatory requirements of the region, and seeks opportunities within regulations.
• Supports the implementation of strategy and new processes in the organization.
• Seeks out and demonstrates accountability for the use of beneficial new technologies, methods and/ or products.
• Has sufficient understanding and use of marketing data to assess different technical solutions based on their suitability to the insight & concept.
3 Decision Making / Problem Solving
• Shows commitment in dealing with complex time consuming issues; successfully identifies, analyzes and solves problems with some guidance.
• Anticipates key technical/ commercial issues and integrates data and knowledge to recommend timely, optimal business solutions.
• Raises issues with appropriate context and views obstacles as solvable challenges.
• Presents calculated risk mitigation plans to deliver exceptional results.
• Incorporates new thinking to deliver smart, novel technical solutions. Consistently demonstrates excellent follow-through on project commitments.
4 Communication Skills
• Cultivates a culture of openness and information sharing. Feeds timely information to keep sr. management well informed; caters message to audience with some guidance.
• Can interpret and simplify complex technical issues into key messages and recommendations.
• Understands when to manage technical/ business challenges independently and when
to engage line manager/ technical mentor.
• Engages with peers and stakeholders in a way that inspires trust and confidence.
5 Independent Judgment
• Demonstrates sound independent judgment, even in times of tight deadlines and budget constraints.
• Reaches conclusive decisions after fully researching alternatives.
• Responds quickly and effectively to changes in project needs and priorities.
• Prioritizes the delivery of the business/ project goals above personal technical achievements – will comfortably seek out peer/ management support when needed to achieve results.
• Visibly and clearly applies both analysis and intuition equally into work. Participates effectively in ideation sessions and understands how to unlock and apply own creativity