We Are Firmenich
We create fragrances, flavors and ingredients to delight the senses.
We have been innovators in the science of the senses since 1895. Today, with more than 10,000 colleagues in our global family, we are the largest privately-owned fragrance & taste company in the world.
About Our Business
We create emotions through the sense of taste and smell. With our extensive experience, we create fragrances and flavors for our customers. Touching over 4 billion consumers several times a day, in more than 100+ markets: from their breakfast cereals and their coffee in the morning, to their shampoo, shower gel & fine fragrance when they go out at night.
Our Vision & Strategy
Putting Firmenich’s world-class research and capabilities to work, we always seek to be at the forefront of our customers’ needs and aspirations.
Being a Family business, making a positive contribution to our Communities has always been our priority. That’s why sustainability is at the core of our strategy.
To make a bigger impact, we set ourselves pioneering goals to create value for our stakeholders today and for generations to come.
Our creativity and science enables us to address some of the world’s greatest challenges, such as Hygiene and Sanitation, Health and Nutrition and Climate Change.
Today, more than ever, I am proud to say that Firmenich is more than a Business.
At Firmenich people are at the heart of the company, we are committed to equal employment opportunities and value diversity in the workplace.
Jr Flavorist, Mumbai, India
Mission of Flavorist
Is to develop new Beverage/Sweet Goods flavor solutions answering clients’ needs and to provide a technical support to clients and to work closely with senior flavorist and application team for preferred beyond taste solutions.
- Create local and regional flavors with aim of wining projects and creating new/match benchmarks/golden standards based on local needs
- Understand and interpret clients’ needs and to translate them into flavor composition which are within client quality, price and regulatory guidelines with respecting all relevant company policies and standards.
- Develop formulations following internal GCP and brief requirements
- Work in close collaboration with the Application/industrialization team in order to ensure good industrial feasibility of new developments
- Evaluate new raw materials and introduction of them into local palette.
- Technical background in Food Science/Chemical with undergraduate/Postgraduate with at least 5 to 7 years of professional experience in Beverage/Sweet Goods creation.
- Must have a creation training session from a reputed university or flavor house.
- Have a strong knowledge on flavor creation raw material/ingredients and their interactions Pro-active, autonomous and able to take initiatives.
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a methodical manner, within short deadlines;
- Strong strategic and analytical thinker with Accurate, rigorous and well organized;
- Willing to travel;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; enthusiastic, open-minded and good team player;
- A chance to become part of an experienced team who is growing and embracing innovation and new approaches and who strongly values scientific and consumer-centric research and insights.
- A global and diverse working environment in a highly dynamic, diverse, and multicultural company with a strong value and a genuinely caring corporate culture.
- To be a part of a purpose driven company with the ambition to transform diets to healthy (less sugar, less salt) and more plant-based food and drink.