We develop a comprehensive strategy providing technical assurance, capacity building and investment support for Producer Companies. This enables them to have improved market access, processing capabilities, quality control and market information for making business decisions.
FDRVC us a Not for Profit Company constituted under MoU between Ministry of Rural Development and Tata Trusts launched in 2019. A not-for profit organisation, working towards building sustainable livelihood through multiple large scale producer companies.
Brief About the Position:-
Foundation for Development of Rural Value Chains (FDRVC.org) is a Joint Initiative of Ministry of Rural Development and Tata Trusts set up as a not-for-profit company to support promotion of professionally managed and producer owned collective enterprises in select rural value chains in farm and non-farm sectors which are sustainable and profitable. FDRVC is managed by high quality seasoned professionals working from its head office in New Delhi and other regional offices.
FDRVC has set up more than 10 Farmer Producer Companies with women farmers in various states so far and many more are in the pipeline.
Presently, FDRVC, as a Technical Support Agency, is setting up a large Size Farmer Producer Enterprise (PE) with women farmer. The PE will be dealing in Spices, Ginger, Turmeric, Mizo Chili, oilseeds, Fruits & Vegetables, Millet, Maize, Wheat, Soybean, and Pulses etc. involving procurement, processing and marketing of the commodity and the value-added products to be manufactured by the Women Producer Company. The Producer Enterprises is going to be working with a large farmer base and will have modern equipment for commodity handling and processing and IT based business processes.
Ropuiliani Women Farmer Producer Company Limited is one such Producer Enterprises established in Mizoram being promoted by FDRVC which will be dealing mainly Spices like Ginger, Turmeric, Mizo Chilli etc.
FDRVC as Technical Support Agency has been retained to hire a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for this Producer Enterprise.
As the CEO of the producer enterprise, the person has to stay in the head quarter of the PE and will be responsible for the followings:
- Overall turnover and profitability of the Producer Company as per the business plan developed.
- Efficient management of Business operations including Procurement, Storage, Processing and marketing while managing the working capital.
- Efficient management and control of Cost of operations.
- Supporting the functioning of the PE as per the Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) which includes operations of procurement center, logistics and supply chain, processing center operations, quality control, distribution, sales and marketing etc.
- Adoption and follow the price discovery mechanism as per SoP and to enable purchasing of Ginger, Turmeric, Mizo Chilli at appropriate rates from member farmers
- Initiate to build up share capital of the company
- Conduct market research and building profitable market linkages
- Integration of technology, setting up processing center to explore alternatives for value addition of primary produces
- Ensure license and legal compliance to Govt. policies and norms
- Facilitate adoption of technology solutions / IT for operations of PEs
Apart from these above, following are the routine tasks, which will be required to be performed by the CEO, as per the guidelines of the Companies Act, 2013:
- Perform administrative acts of routine nature including managing day-today affairs of the company
- Operate bank accounts or authorize any person, subject to the general or special approval Of the Board
- Make arrangements for safe custody of cash and other assets of the Company
- Sign MOUs for business related activities as may be authorized by the Board for and on behalf of the Producer Enterprise
- Maintain proper books of accounts, prepare annual accounts, place the audited accounts before the Board and in the annual general meeting of the Members
- Furnish the members with periodic information to appraise them of the operation and functions of the Company
- Assist the Board in the formation of goals, objectives, strategies, plans and policies.
- Advise the Board with respect to legal and regulatory matters concerning the proposed and on- going activities and take necessary action in respect thereof
- Exercise the powers as may be necessary in the ordinary course of business
- Discharge such other functions, and exercise such other powers, as may be delegated by the Board
- To provide timely information to the members and Board of Directors for scheduled meetings, board meetings, Annual General Meetings or emergency/short notice meetings.
Apart from these CEO will have the following other commitments:
- Provide all necessary data and information as asked by stakeholders
- Participate in internal and external monitoring visits and audits
- Compliance with guidelines / procedures of funding and other concerned agencies
- Participate in review meetings and provide regular updates and presentations
- Participate in workshops/summits/conferences/training sessions as may be deemed necessary
- Preparation of weekly/Monthly/ yearly project reports of the PE
- Thorough understanding of the policy environment for promotion of FPOs
- Business operations management skills like planning, review and implementation are extremely important
- Develop linkages with key players in the value chain including market
- In-depth understanding of Ginger, Turmeric, Mizo Chilli supply chain management
- Strong analytical and critical problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of technical know-how to engage with a large variety of stakeholders like processors, Retailers, Corporate, traders, input suppliers, government officials, administrative officials, field staff and farmers to create value for farmers
- Interested to work with rural communities especially women, people from varying backgrounds, demographic characteristics and educational levels
- Post-Graduation or Graduation or an equivalent degree in Food Technology, Agriculture, Horticulture, Agribusiness Management and other related fields
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in Agribusiness management with top line and bottom- line responsibilities
- Minimum 2 year of experience in handling Fruits and Vegetable business
- Experience of handling operations for 2-3 years in large size Farmer Producer Enterprise/ Solvent Processing unit/ Dairy Processing/ Food processing units with annual turnover of more than 5 Cr would be an added advantage.
- Candidates having experience of working in Mizoram are encouraged to apply
Other: Fluency in Hindi is must beside English. Mizo speaking candidate will be given preference.
Computer: He should be well versed with MS office. Experience working in ERP environment would be a plus.
The salary is commensurable with current salary, experience and industry standards.Show more
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship