What Makes this a Great Opportunity?
Primary responsibility of role is to lead India Blending operation of the business. One the key delivery of the role is to develop IMFL blend recipe in collaboration with Global blending team and lead Central blending operation of the business. Lead Maturation operation of business.
This role offers the candidate to collaborate with Indian malt whiskey producers to improve the quality of Malt spirit produced supplied for BSI IMFL brands to improve quality and optimize blend cost.
This role offers candidate a regular engagement with Beam Scottish whiskey production, maturation & blending team in understanding and implementation of best practice from Industry in developing future blend recipes which is instrumental in delivering 2030 business vision.
Support ENA suppliers in improving ENA quality and Procurement team in buying right quality of ENA supply from Distillery.
Establish Good Manufacturing Practice in Blending operation, develop SOP and Work Procedure for blending, codify blend recipe of business, train and develop blending executives
deployed in factories in making blends as per blending protocol thru regular audits and assessments.
Develop analytical procedures for chemical and sensory analysis of blend and water quality monitoring.
Support NPD team in developing recipes, analytical procedures, audits and training of Copacker team. create sample library, chemical and sensory analysis of liquid under maturation and create a data base future Maturation project
Ensure plant Maturation & blending operation in compliance to State excise rules, zero accidents and a safe and healthy work environment.
To be successful in role following qualities & experience is must
- He / She loves whisky very much, Interest in innovation & renovation to develop new Whiskey blends / liquids.
- Good sensory skill.
- He / She has rich experience of whisky production management or whisky quality management.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead Pilot Maturation Project at Goa Plant
- Develop blend recipe of IMFL blend basis the pilot project data with Indian malt whiskey under the guidance of Global blending team.
- Support project team in design, sizing and finalization of maturation, CBU and Malt distillery project.
- Lead future maturation operation of business
- Develop SOP and Work Instruction, train, develop and lead blending team
- Ensure Maturation & Blending operation in compliance with legal, Statutory law of state & County.
- Ensure operation in compliance to BSI safety, quality, HR, and business ethics policy.
Blending and Quality
- Lead sensory panel of BSI, able to modify blend recipe in line with bulk quality, approve and release blend recipe of to all bottling sites.
- Prepare codified blend recipe for each bottling site, Ensure quality of blend in consistent across all units.
- Lead and commercialize future blend recipe change of business.
- Support Project team in setting up central blending unit.
- Lead CBU operation of India.
- Support SSP and India operation team in screening and selection of right business partners for Indian malt Spirt Supply.
- Visit Indian malt and ENA distillery basis business need to support Malt & ENA suppliers in improving and sustaining quality MS/ENA supplied to Beam business.
- Develop blueprint for India blending operation, SOP and work procedure for existing and future blends
- Develop risk management and mitigation protocol of business to ensure brand reputation sue to any failure / gap in blending operation.
- Train and develop – 3P blending executive in maintaining consistent quality of blend and adherence to blending SOP
- Visit to new Copackers and support business in 1st time right startup on new operation
Documentation and Reporting
- Maintain accurate Maturation record of plant for excise reporting
- Develop SAP codes, SAP reporting process, blending waste reporting, material code, BOM creations for blends
- Update blend production and quality report register and SAP
- Co-ordinate with Operation and finance team and develop costing model for blend, constantly work on opportunities to optimize blend cost, maximize saving.
- Develop and maintain sample library of liquids under maturation, analytical reports, sensory reports and communications form Innovation Centre as per chronology for tractability and future records.
- Coordinate with all function heads in supply team, Factory
- Very good in IR and HR management
- Be a ambassador beam Values and demonstrate leadership behavior in all internal and external business stake holder engagement.
- Good ability to influence and guide team to approach and adopt changes positively.
- Identify skill gaps among the team and provide required training to build capabilities.
Qualifications & Experience
M.Sc. with Alcohol Technology/ Chemistry / Food Technology – Minimum 10 maximum 15years experience IMFL blending,
Subject Matter expert in Blending and IMFL Sensory analysis, able develop new recipe and make changes blending recipe basis the Bulk sensory profile.
Hands on work experience in anyone of the following operation – ENA/Malt Distillery operation / Maturation / Central blending operation.
Good in developing new process, system and startups from ground level
Work experience in new brand startup & new bottling operation start up will be added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Very strong Sensory Skill
- Good chemical analytical skill
- Expert Blending operation
- Good understanding on Malt spirit, Scotch, Bobrun flavor profile, Ability identify slight variation in the Bulk.
- New bottling facility/distillery/maturation start up
- SAP Knowledge
- Hands on work experience in Excise register and record management
- Good in English verbal & written communication
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship