PepsiCo India: Leadership through Winning with Purpose
PepsiCo entered India in 1989 and has grown to become one of the largest MNC food and beverage businesses in India. PepsiCo India’s diverse portfolio includes iconic brands like Pepsi, Lay’s, Kurkure, Tropicana 100%, Gatorade and Quaker. Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders.
Model partnership with over 24,000 farmers:
PepsiCo India has pioneered and established a model of partnership with farmers and now works with over 24,000 happy farmers across nine states. More than 45 percent of these are small and marginal farmers with a land holding of one acre or less. PepsiCo provides 360-degree support to the farmer through assured buy back of their produce at pre-agreed prices, quality seeds, extension services, disease control packages, bank loans, weather insurance, and the latest technological practices. The association with PepsiCo India has not only raised the incomes of small and marginal farmers, but also their social standing.
- Location – Hyderabad, India
- Category – Research and Development
This role will assist the Specifications Management teams located in Mexico Business Services (MBS) or Hyderabad Business Services (HBS) to ensure exceptional service is provided in support of R&D Spec Management globally. This role will apply technical expertise and coordinate with in-market and GBS employees, as well as external resources when required, to develop clear and concise Formula, Ingredient and/or Packaging specifications, maintain existing specs and supplier relationships, and manage tracking and uploading into relevant systems.
● Deliver system and process training as needed
● Identify potential areas for process improvements and employee upskilling to make recommendations to R&D GBS Leadership for continuous improvement
● Leverage internal and external resources to develop or update existing ingredient and/or packaging specifications that are clear, concise, and accurate from spec readiness to supplier commercial qualification approval
● Learn, understand, and uphold Ingredient, Supplier, Third Party, Formula, and/or Beverage/Food Packaging Standards
● Maintain and foster relationships with in-market R&D spec teams, other spec GBS teams, and external suppliers
● Interact with and provide support to all disciplines to ensure complete and accurate specification. These stakeholders could include some or all of the following: Product Development (PD), Food Safety (FS), Regulatory Affairs (RA), Quality Assurance (QA), Procurement, Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA)
● Manage Supplier relationships and serve as point of contact to gather information/data needed to build specifications; complete timely follow-ups to keep the process moving to completion
● Collect supplier questionnaire and manage supplier alignment on spec details
● For certain Specifications (eg. Foods & Beverages) initiate material testing requests and validate specification quality parameters
● Maintain and update existing specs to ensure compliance with standards
● Upload all paperwork (re. Supplier Specs) and materials qualifications into the appropriate system (Product Vision / SAP) and track workflow
● For Packaging Specifications only: schedule and conduct Individual Component Specification (ICS) reviews, update documents, and manage supplier approval prior to internal review
● Ensure all requests are processed, documented, and delivered within defined SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
● Assess, respond, and escalate emerging business critical issues to avoid material supply shortages, outages and production delays
Key Skills/Experience Required
● Professional work experience (2-5yrs) gained in Food/Beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
● Evidence of leadership skills when engaging with Senior Stakeholders and/or experience leading small teams
● Demonstrated ability to teach, train, coach or mentor others in a technical capacity
• Preference for experience in technology system conversion / implementation execution preferred
• Ability to interpret and assess complex technical information and issues and seek alignment towards workable solutions
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to rapidly learn computer applications/programs & navigate systems
• For Formula and Ingredient Specifications: basic understanding of Food Safety, Microbiology and Regulatory Affairs
• Collaborative skills and strong interest in working with others across time zones; Ability to build relationships and work closely with both internal and external partners
• Good communication skills – oral and written (e.g. communication on telephone, external and internal to PepsiCo, managing with other support group functions, etc.)
• Ability to manage time effectively across multiple priorities and projects requiring a high degree of organizational and communication skills to ensure requests are delivered in a timely manner
• Exceptional data organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Self-motivated & demonstrated ability to take initiative on projects
• Fluent in English (HBS)
• Fluent in English and Spanish (if located in MBS)
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Food Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or equivalent relevant experience required.
● For Packaging-specific roles: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Packaging-related field or equivalent relevant experience required.
Differentiating Competencies Required
● Prior experience of working in a global shared services environment and / or specifications management space preferred
● Prior experience working in a large global CPG company, with understanding of the CPG performance outputs and measures preferred
● Proven track record of identifying and championing new ingredient and packaging spec writing / management initiatives and process improvements
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online & Offline both available)