Tata Consumer Products is an integrated Food & Beverage company. We are amongst the Top 10 Food & Beverage companies in India with a vision to become a multi-category FMCG major. Tata Consumer Products was formed when the consumer products business of Tata Chemicals Ltd. merged with Tata Global Beverages Ltd.
in February 2020. As Tata Consumer Products, we stand ‘For Better’ – a reflection of our commitment to improvement by pushing boundaries and aiming for better every day for all our stakeholders. The Beverages product portfolio spans tea, coffee, water and ready-to-drink beverages. The Foods product portfolio spans, salt, pulses, spices, ready-to-cook mixes, ready-to-eat, breakfast cereals, snacks and mini-meals. Sustainability is integral to our business.
As an industry leader, we are focussed on building a future-ready business that meaningfully touches the lives of people. We intend to be the consumer’s first choice in sustainable foods and beverages.
This is a Senior Management Role to handle the entire operations of the Instant Tea Plant (100% EOU of TCPL) in Munnar with 250+ manpower deployment, with respect to achieving targeted production at the right quality with the utmost safety standards as per the agreed timelines.
• Managing all aspects of Instant Tea Operations – Production and Maintenance of the plant to meet the targeted production and dispatches. Also, overseeing the QA function in collaboration with the central QA Team.
• Ensuring the plant is always compliant with the legal and statutory requirements required by the Govt.
• Complying with Food Safety requirements and ensuring all certifications are up to date.
• Designing new processes to improve quality or increase productivity or profitability.
• Overseeing commercial and purchasing activities, meeting budgets and planning to continuously benchmark best industry practices.
• Liaising with key stakeholders in the system such as R&D, Sales, HR etc. on delivering business needs.
• Stakeholder management with all relevant external stakeholders like PCB, Factory Inspectorate, Drug Inspectorate, Vendors etc.
• Managing employee relations for the factory in coordination with central HR team.
• Ensuring that the workforce is engaged and productive through people management.
Desired Candidate Profile:
• People Management
• Good Communication and Inter-personal skills
• Problem solving skills
• Planning and Project Management skills
• Good Knowledge of Food Safety Management requirements of HACCP/ISO 22000
Desired Experience Level & Qualifications:
• Engineer (Preferably Chemical) with 12 to 15 years of experience in Operations Management in a Process/ Food Industry out of which 2 to 3 years as Factory Head
• Exposure to ISO/SAP systems and procedures is desirable
• Knowledge of Tamil or Malayalam is preferable
Location: Munnar, Idukki