Abbott, From removing the regular pain of fingersticks as people manage their diabetes to connecting patients to doctors with real-time information monitoring their hearts, from easing chronic pain and movement disorders to testing half the world’s blood donations to ensure a healthy supply, our purpose is to make the world a better place by bringing life-changing health technologies to the people who need them. That’s our commitment to helping you live your best life.
We understand that the first step to living your best life is good health. Everything we make is designed to help you do just that. That’s our commitment to building life-changing technologies that keep your heart healthy, nourish your body at every stage of life, help you feel and move better, and bring you information, medicines and breakthroughs to manage your health.
We create breakthrough products – in diagnostics, medical devices, nutrition and branded generic pharmaceuticals – that help you, your family and your community lead healthier lives, full of unlimited possibilities. Today, 113,000 of us are working to make a lasting impact on health in the more than 160 countries we serve.
For more than 130 years, we’ve put science and innovation to work – to create more possibilities for more people through the power of health. We adapt and respond quickly to changes in the world around us to deliver better solutions to help people live their best lives.
PRIMARY FUNCTION/PRIMARY GOALS/OBJECTIVES:
•Conceive, plan, design, execute, and monitor independent product and application development projects/researches including technology transfers to commercial productions
• Develop formulations and production process development
•Provides manufacturing support and troubleshooting for existing formulation and process.
• Lead and drive projects to improve plant costs, product margins, quality and business excellence goals in product and process related fields
•Lead and conduct product scale-up and plant trials
•Design shelf-life studies and provides technical justifications for the shelf-life
•Provides technical direction to projects, resolves technical challenges related to product, process and technology systems
•Qualify new and alternate supply of ingredients and packaging. Support new process qualifications and validation studies.
•Update product development status/issues and interface with regional and global ANRD Teams
•Collaborate with third party manufacturers to execute plant trials and scale up, and commercial production
•Deliver breathrough technology for Asia Region
• Lead initiatives and discussions with cross functional groups
• Continuously leverages information from latest scientific literature papers
• Publishes research in the form of abstracts, presentations (e.g. oral) and manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals
• Assure good documentation practice for self and team member. Analyze data formula conclusion and write report
• Compliance to all applicable safety, quality and AN policies and procedures
• Develop formulations and/or processes for new and existing products to the markets.
• Contributes to the definition and timely achievement of overall project goals.
• Adhere to project milestones for sub-projects, and assures activities are on critical path.
• Summarizes data and analyzes results; formulates conclusions and reviews progress with supervisor
• Work independently to meet goals and project objectives.
• Perform feasibility and optimization on studies at lab, pilot, and plant scale.
• Support manufacturing and provide technical recommendation on product and process development related matters.
• Develops strategic R&D projects to support IP development and publishes research in the form of abstracts, presentations (e.g. oral) and manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals
Sound knowledge of principles and applications of food and nutrition science and technology, food processing and packaging technology or sensory/flavor science
Fluency in Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Troubleshooting and resolve/recommend
Must have excellent communications skills with the ability to interface with management at all levels.
Demonstrated ability to assess and synthesize scientific data
Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks and prioritize workload with attention to detail
1) Set Vision and Strategy
4) Build Know the business
5) Deliver Results
EDUCATION AND WORKING EXPERIENCE
BS/MS/Ph.D. in a related scientific field with 5+ years of experience in research, product development or relevant experiences
Location – Mumbai
DIVISION – ANRD Nutrition Research & Development