McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With our diverse and balanced flavour portfolio, we are ideally positioned to meet the increasing demand for flavour around the world.
At McCormick, we stand together for the future of flavour, and we bring our commitment to work every day. We encourage growth, respect everyone’s contributions, and do what’s right to grow value for our business and our world. We are doing this, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because a successful business, thriving people, and a flavourful future depends on it.
Location: SONIPAT, IN, 131021
Company: McCormick & Company
It’s an exciting time to be in APZ – McCormick’s growth region. Our business here is transforming in remarkable ways. From the rice and spice fields of India and South East Asia to Australia’s herb farms, our mosaic of rich distinct cultures inspires the boldest of flavours. Our headquarters and TIC in Singapore, along with our new and transformed facilities in Thailand, India and Australia are powering our regional growth ambitions. Here you’ll find a culture that celebrates the best of both; the energy of and pulse of a startup and the solid legacy of our McCormick brand. We’re a region on the rise – bold, committed and hungry – so only changemakers need apply!
With management guidance the PD Scientist, completes difficult technical assignments which require a knowledge of, and experience in, the discipline. Applies initiative and creativity in assignments. May provide technical direction to, or may supervise, lower level team members. Progressively establishes own work schedule and research plans under general supervision. Will recommend changes in practices and procedures. May be called upon to provide technical expertise to other staff members and may have frequent customer contact.
- Lead and direct the activities of the Flavous Solutions and Consumer Research and Development team from concept and recipe development to trial and factory validation and commerical production. Work effectively with cross-fuctional network to ensure NPD executed with excellence. In alignment with the R&D Director India ensure resources are appropriately deployed against development projects which support the strategic plan for growth and profit improvement.
- Understands the principles of designing for food safety and quality. Familiar with food microbiology and common food pathogens. Able to provide guidance to more junior members of the team. Knows how to formulate food to ensure shelf stability and food safety. Can establish product quality specifications in collaboration with the quality department. Able to plan and conduct shelf-life testing and communicate requirements clearly to technicians or supporting team members. Is aware of customer specific food safety and quality requirements and knows to seek support if required when developing products.
- Consistently delivers PD briefs as per customer requirements with a moderate understanding of formulation implications on production process and product quality. With guidance can mitigate risks. Consistently delivers PD briefs as per customer requirements with a moderate understanding of formulation implications on production process and product quality. With guidance can mitigate risks.
- Able to independently establish a hypothesis and set up an experiment to solve straight forward problems and test simple variables relating to product design. Can apply simple statistics to determine significance of experimental results. Able to complete the development of a product formulation and production process design and provide guidance on selection of production line and site. Able to co-ordinate a cross functional FRA/Trial meeting and run a production line trial. Able to identify formulation and trial issues and proactively seek out assistance to resolve issues. Understand specific customers’ product, food safety and regulatory requirements and use in product design. Has a basic understanding of factory design and considers batch size, yield, pre-weigh process and manufacturing process flow when designing formulations and production processes. Will consult cross functionally during product design.
- Able to search for and find relevant and useful past and new information and use it to define the next research step. Able to collate and report data without supervision.Has a basic understanding of packaging design and what influences pack and product interaction and shelf life. Knows to and proactively consults the packaging technologist in new product design.
- Able to understand and execute R&D related softwares (SAP, SAPRD etc) and systems (GATE, INTELEX etc).
Education & Expereince:
Food Technologist with 3-5 years of Product Development with the relvant Food Industry.
If you’d like be considered for this position, please discuss your interest with your immediate manager. Then apply online via SuccessFactors Careers or Internal or an Internal Application form by (add closing date) The Requisition number for this position is (insert) Please complete your application by the closing date above and direct any queries to (insert name) in your local HR team.
McCormick is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are a qualified applicant, you shall receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)