Britannia Industries is one of India’s leading food companies with a 100 year legacy and annual revenues in excess of Rs. 9000 Cr. Britannia is among the most trusted food brands, and manufactures India’s favorite brands like Good Day, Tiger, NutriChoice, Milk Bikis and Marie Gold which are household names in India. Britannia’s product portfolio includes Biscuits, Bread, Cakes, Rusk, and Dairy products including Cheese, Beverages, Milk and Yoghurt. Britannia is a brand which many generations of Indians have grown up with and our brands are cherished and loved in India and the world over. Britannia products are available across the country in close to 5 million retail outlets and reach over 50% of Indian homes.
The company’s Dairy business contributes close to 5 per cent of revenue and Britannia dairy products directly reach 100,000 outlets.
Britannia Bread is the largest brand in the organized bread market with an annual turnover of over 1 lac tons in volume and Rs.450 crores in value. The business operates with 13 factories and 4 franchisees selling close to 1 mn loaves daily across more than 100 cities and towns of India.
We have a presence in more than 60 countries across the globe. Our international footprint includes presence in Middle East through local manufacturing in UAE and Oman, are the No 2 biscuit player in UAE with a strong contention to leadership and have a similarly strong market position in the other GCC countries. We are also the market leaders in Nepal and are in the process of investing a manufacturing facility in the country.
Our foot print spreads across North America, Europe, Africa and South East Asia through exports and we are investing in a state- of- the- art facility in Mundra SEZ, Gujarat, to service the exports markets.
Our strategic expansion plan is based on the principle of ‘One new market a year’. We plan to expand through local operations in Africa and South East Asia in the coming years.
Britannia takes pride in having stayed true to its credo, ‘Eat Healthy, Think Better’. Having removed over 8500 tonnes of Trans Fats from products, Britannia became India’s first Zero Trans Fat Company. Over 50% of the Company’s portfolio is enriched with essential micro- nutrients which nourish the body.
The company set up the Britannia Nutrition Foundation in 2009, and began working on public private partnership to address malnutrition amongst under-privileged children and women.
Function – Production
Grade – Officer Grade III
Experience: 5 – 6 Years
Educational: Diploma Holder in Production Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Food technology / Food processing
- Monitoring the overall manufacturing & packing activities on the shop floor.
- Responsible for day to day issues related to defective generation, manufacturing abnormalities etc.
- Liaison with maintenance dept, Stores & HR.
- Shift wise Wastage control tracking and recording.
- Effective monitoring of machine availability and tie up with maintenance during breakdown
- Coordination with packing officers to get maximum efficiency in a shift
- Production input Vs packing output analysis
- Usage of Statistical tool like TQM, TPM etc.,
- Effective manpower handling
- Interest to learn automation
- Other than the above mentioned core activities the candidate is also expected to demonstrate an excellence in:
- Training the workmen on ISO norms, wastage control and operating parameters.
- Taking control of the overall shift administration and effective shift manning and attendance management.
- Periodically conducting various internal audits with the quality to ensure biscuit quality.
- Technical knowledge to attend to machines
- Manpower management skills
- knowledge of food safety
- Communication skill
- Flexible approach to routine scheduling
- Analytical skill