Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India will inaugurate the IDF World Dairy Summit 2022, a congregation of global and Indian dairy industry leaders, experts, farmers and policy planners centring around the theme of ‘Dairy for Nutrition and Livelihood’ on Monday, 12 September in Greater Noida.
Shri Amit Shah, Hon’ble Union Minister of Home Affairs & Cooperation and Shri Parshottam Rupala, Hon’ble Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying will be prominent among those to address the Summit, which is being held 48 years after India hosted the International Dairy Congress in 1974.
Piercristiano Brazzale, president, International Dairy Federation (IDF), Caroline Emond, director general, IDF, Jatinder Nath Swain, president of the Indian National Committee of IDF (INC-IDF) secretary, DAHD and Meenesh Shah, secretary, INC-IDF & Chairman, NDDB will coordinate this event.
Shri Yogi Adityanath, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and Shri Bhupendrabhai Patel, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Gujarat will grace the occasion.
- The inaugural session begins with prayer – Swasti Vachan Mantra – by artists.
- A walkthrough of anamorphic (3D) audio-visual experience zone at the summit will showcase the evolution of the Indian Dairy Industry & accomplishments of the sector.
- During the technical sessions organised during the event, some of the Cabinet Ministers will also preside the sessions.
- India will showcase its transformational journey through a unique smallholder dairying primarily based on cooperative strategy.
- The four-day long IDF WDS 22 assumes significance as a dominant majority of over 8 crore dairy farmers in India are small and marginal (having at an average 2 bovines) making it the world’s numero uno dairying nation with an output of over 210 MT annually.
- The summit will have 24 sessions centred around the theme “Dairy for Nutrition and Livelihood” covering different aspects of dairying. Three parallel technical sessions would be held for which more than 150 overseas and Indian speakers have been empanelled. A poster session is also being organized with theme “Innovations across Dairy Value Chain – Aligning with UN SDGs”
- IDF WDS 2022 has received an overwhelming response from all across the world. Around 1500 participants from 50 countries have enrolled for participation in IDF WDS 2022. There are sizeable number of registrations for physical participation from the United States of America, France, Germany, Canada, The New Zealand and Belgium.
- Main sponsors of the event are “AMUL (Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation)” & “Nandini (Karnataka Milk Federation)”. The event is also sponsored by Mother Dairy, Delhi (MDFVPL), a wholly owned subsidiary company of NDDB. Other sponsors include Dairy Cooperative Federations, Milk Producer Companies, Private Dairies, Dairy Equipment Manufactures etc.’
- The World Dairy Summit will be a great opportunity for dairy farmers, leaders, experts, scientists, professionals. journalists and academics to learn, connect and get inspired. India’s success story will be shared with the world through the IDF World Dairy Summit, where we can see how dairy is an engine of development and women empowerment.
IDF World Dairy Summit: This summit is an annual meeting of the global dairy sector, bringing together participants from all over the world. The participants’ profile includes CEOs and employees of dairy processing companies, dairy farmers, suppliers to the dairy industry, academicians and government representatives etc.
Key features of IDF World Dairy Summit: WDS is a great way of gaining global exposure for the Indian industry which will attract attention to the smallholder milk production system of India and raise awareness. An exhibition space of over 6,900 square metre will be available to the exhibitors for showcasing activities.
About Indian Dairy sector:
- India is leading the world dairy sector with a 6 per cent growth, three times the global growth along with per capita availability of 427 grams per day
- Milk is the single largest agricultural commodity in the country valued at Rs 9.32 lakh crore and accounting for 23 per cent of the global share.
- In India milk production activity is mostly done by small and marginal dairy farmers with average herd size of 2-3 animals
Details provided by DADF – During the Meet
- India has a diverse genetic pool of magnificent indigenous cattle and buffalo breeds-193 million cattle and about 110 million buffaloes, largest genetic pool in the World.
- Milk Production increased by more than 44% in last 8 years
- World’s largest ever vaccination program to eradicate FMD and Brucellosis started in 2019
- Largest ever animal database created. 22 crore animals registers and monitored on every aspect.
- Milk is now the largest commodity in India surpassing combined value of cereals and pulses in terms of value of output
- Largest ever budgetary allocation to dairy sector with focus on infrastructure up gradation and expansion and Productivity enhancement
- With consistent push for GobarDhan, Dung providing additional source of income to farmers
- Appreciation of milk price paid to farmers by more than 100% in last 8 years
Also Read : 🗞️ Amul & Nandini named main sponsors of IDF WDS 2022, powered by Mother Dairy
Also Read: 🗞 International Dairy Federation – WORLD DAIRY SUMMIT 2022, INDIA
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship