The Coca-Cola Company is a 135+ years old total beverage company, offering over 500 brands in more than 200 countries and territories. We’re constantly transforming our portfolio, from reducing sugar in our drinks to bringing innovative new products to market. We’re also working to reduce our environmental impact by replenishing water and promoting recycling. With our bottling partners, we employ more than 700,000 people, helping bring economic opportunity to local communities worldwide.
Learn more at Coca-Cola Journey at www.coca-colacompany.com and follow us on Twitter (@CocaColaCo), Instagram (@thecocacolaco), Facebook (@thecocacolaco) and LinkedIn.
QSE Innovation position creates and develops programs to support the vision of keeping our promises to the communities where we operate, our employees and consumers. This associate will work closely with the Operating Unit’s Regional Development and Innovation (R&D) teams, Bottlers, Corporate, Suppliers, Procurement and other cross-functional partners to ensure quality, safety and sustainability is included in the products, packages and services launched by INSWAOU.
This role drives efficiency in food safety and quality. The role connects the company’s quality, safety, and sustainability programs and tools to the innovation process. This associate partners with the global QSE team to build tools and playbooks to enable educated risk management from the innovation process to the marketplace.
Location: Gurugram, Haryana IN
Post Date: October 18, 2022
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Co-lead INSWA’s implementation of Global QSE’s Quality by Design and Risk Identification Tools for Innovation.
- Identify and prioritize Strategic Process Improvements for existing innovations based on region and bottler feedback.
- Coordinate innovation reviews with the INSWA Quality and Food Safety Team to identify gaps between innovation projects and programs and identify new requirements and protocols to enable successful commercialization of new products.
- Participate in Global QSE networks to capture global best practices for innovation and commercialization risk management for integration into INSWA programs and activities
- Create with Product & Package Developers to conduct product and package risk assessments and close identified gaps
- Develop with Product Commercialization and Supply Chain teams to identify and document new production launch tools including validation protocols and requirements.
- Support cross-functional process improvements to ensure productivity improvements and optimization across the supply chain systems.
- Serve as SME to INSWA pilot plants for Occupational Safety, Food Safety & Quality requirements
- Develop and lead food safety capability building programs and activities across the network.
- Support and accelerate the innovation and commercialization process by implementing QbD in the design, validation and authorize new production sites / lines, manufacturing processes, product, package and equipment for innovation and commercialization projects.
- Act as a true business partner to enable strong red line governance but also go above and beyond to embed QSE in the Innovation & Commercialization process making connections between QSE and business needs.
- Conduct risk assessment of the product, package, process, manufacturing, and technology initiatives to develop validation protocols for design, installation and operations. Embed the risk mitigation strategies during product development to ensure first time right innovations.
- Support stability studies for the product, package to validate and operationalize through supply chain and technical operations. Design and support scale up trials, capture learnings and incorporate the same in technical document for sharing with bottling operations for successful validation trials / commercialization.
- Influence and drive change and results through mobilizing the network. Work closely with OU Supply chain, Brand teams, R&D and corporate QSE teams to orchestrate strong network on Innovation and Commercialization process and bring to life the products, packages, processes and technology.
- Manage co-packer authorization process in OU to enable new product / category innovations. Develop fit-for-purpose governance for Innovation & Commercialization. Conduct Quality, Safety and Environment assessment, and manage authorization process for the lines / facilities.
- Provide technical support, guidance, and follow up corrective action plans, ensure full implementation and compliance to fit-for-purpose QSE requirements. Support corrective actions to support line / facility approval and production authorization for copackers and bottling plants.
- Interface and interact with the bottler leadership, region cluster leads, BIG-INDIA & BIG-SWA QSE leads and Corporate to further the QSE agenda and support Innovation & Commercialization process at OU. Influence the bottling system to ensure adequate resources, right capabilities across supply chain to manage the product / package launch. Support post launch reviews and work with network to develop action plans.
- Support EWI / productivity initiatives w.r.t product, package, process and technology interventions to bring value to the system.
- Identify training needs and organize training and support in the development and implementation of training programs within the region (e.g. Sensory, Fountain Quality, Microbiologist, Analyst certification, Water Systems, etc.)
- Position would also help in representing the company in external stakeholder interactions such as regulators (FSSAI, BIS, Weights &Measures, MOH, BSTI etc), 3rd Party analytical service laboratories, Industry associations etc.
- Position requires experience in working multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment. There is a need for ability to work in various business/social and Bottling Cultures, understanding and maintaining different approaches for the best interaction with Bottling plants to achieve desired results.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with a technical/science emphasis. Minimum 8 years of quality, food safety, environment experience in the food & beverage industry.
Related Work Experience:
- 10 years’ experience in Technical/QSE operations
- Proven track record in leading diverse QSE/SC teams responsible for quality standards for products, packaging, ingredients, materials, and manufacturing.
- Familiar with auditing standards and best practices such as ISO, GSFI, HACCP
- Proven ability in evaluating existing process & identifying more efficient and impactful ways to achieve company quality goals in a transformative way
- Experience in leveraging data to drive a rigorous risk-based approach to direct work and to make grey-area decisions
- Influencing, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Program Management: Ability to provide oversight and management to synthesize/bring synergy to multiple initiatives by establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently, adjusting priorities, establishing management routines to effectively track progress and identify issues, removing barriers and leveraging resources.
- Technical Advocacy: Ability to articulate the system’s goals and initiatives clearly and persuasively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Program measurement: Ability to develop and assess and verify unique methods of measurement and verification to gauge the progress of the program in alignment with the established targets.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with internal and external parties including bottling company staff, cross-functional teams, regulatory authorities, NGO stakeholders or, customers.
- Business Partner Knowledge: Knowledge of business partners (such as customer, bottler, service agent, supplier) in their context: industry trends and competitive pressures, strategies and plans, organizational structure, decision- making process, contacts, technology infrastructure and systems
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves.
We focus on four key behaviours – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviours and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship