We are surrounded by the world’s leading consumer companies led by technology – Amazon for retail, Airbnb for hospitality, Uber for mobility, Netflix and Spotify for entertainment, etc. Food & Beverage is the only consumer sector where large players are still traditional restaurant companies. At Rebel Foods, we are challenging this status quo as we are building the world’s most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast.
The opportunity for us is immense due to the exponential growth in the food delivery business worldwide which has helped us build ‘The World’s Largest Internet Restaurant Company’ in the last few years. Rebel Foods current presence in 7 countries (India, Indonesia, UAE, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh) with 15 + brands and 3500+ internet restaurants has been build on a simple system – The Rebel Operating Model.
While for us it is still Day 1, we know we are in the middle of a revolution towards creating never seen before customer-first experiences. We bring you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to disrupt the 500-year-old industry with technology at its core.
We urge you to refer to the below to understand how we are changing the restaurant industry before applying at Rebel Foods.
About the Role:
The GM / head of Food Procurement & Packaging is responsible for managing a wide range of tasks in Strategic sourcing & procurement of food products (raw/frozen/chilled/dry) and supplier relations. He/she is directly responsible for the development and retention of long term food vendors, and focusing the Operations staff on quality control, cost control and customer service.
· Act as a key interface between the clients, internal departments and vendors.
· Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors. Manage supplier relationships and optimizes the value in the vendor/business unit.
· Developing an overall vendor base thereby creating and sustaining a competitive advantage, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies.
· Assessment of vendor performance data on various performance metrics for sustainable supply and cost improvement.
· Implementation of vendor assessment results for continuous evaluation of selected sources.
· Monitor supplier and vendor compliance with contractual agreements
· Strategically manage critical input materials cost within assigned variations, to protect the bottom line
· Measure and manage the vendor and supplier cost, quality and delivery performance
· Oversee supplier compliance with internal quality standards and external regulations
· To formulate & ensure implementation of effective & efficient Procurement Strategy for Purchase keeping in view all the aspects related to Food Service Industry.
· Spearheading Materials Management and successfully developing sourcing & procurement strategies and analytical assessment to strengthen effectiveness
Skills & Requirements:
– 15+ years- experience of managing Procurement function preferably in the Food Services, HoReCa or FMCG industries
– Excellent at managing vendor relationships across geographies
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across departments
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– Analytical, logical thinker and problem solver, with the ability to find solutions by thinking out of the box
– Able to work effectively within defined deadlines
– Ability to generate and effectively implement plans/ideas
– Ability to relate to a wide range of people and manage teams in different regions
– Able to work independently and as part of a team
– Good understanding of MM & PP module of SAP and reasonable at operating Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
Industry: FMCG / Foods & Beverage/ HoReCa/Food Manufacturing/SCM
The Rebel Culture
Finally, but most importantly, Rebel is not a usual workplace. The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will fit into the company. Please go through it before you make your mind up. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
If you find this interesting, we should meet. Please reach out to us with answers to the following questions.
1. Why do you want to join Rebel Foods?
2. What makes you the right person for this role?
3. One example of where you created something unique through Customer First Thinking.