History of The Coca-Cola Company
We celebrate our company’s rich history. Since its birth at a soda fountain in downtown Atlanta in 1886, Coca‑Cola has been a catalyst for social interaction and inspired innovation. Discover the unique moments from our past, like the evolution of the iconic Coca-Cola bottle, the lovable Coca-Cola Santa Claus, and more.
The Coca-Cola System
Local bottlers work with us to bring our Coca‑Cola brand drinks to wherever you are in the world. Over 225 bottling partners across 900 bottling plants make up the Coca‑Cola system and help us deliver refreshment globally.
Refresh the world. Make a difference.
Our vision is to craft the brands and choice of drinks that people love, to refresh them in body & spirit. And done in ways that create a more sustainable business and better shared future that makes a difference in people’s lives, communities and our planet.
Innovation at Coca-Cola
Complementing our work to build great brands is our disciplined approach to bringing new relevant products, equipment and ideas to market. Consumer centricity allows us to drive incremental growth through innovation. Intelligent experimentation goes beyond new flavors and brands to include product, package and process. It encourages local markets to test their ideas in a way that enables us to nurture and scale them, allowing us to expand across geographies faster than before.
The Coca-Cola Company and its bottling partners are collectively known as the Coca-Cola system. The Coca-Cola Company does not own, manage or control most local bottling companies but works collectively to manage our impacts, aiming to create shared opportunity as a total beverage company.
The Coca-Cola Company operations model includes operating segments by geographic area: North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific. This also includes our corporate functions, platform services, Global Ventures and Bottling Investments Group (BIG). Combined, these create endless career opportunities all over the world.
Job Title: Formula and Regulatory specialist
Reports to: QSE Manager
Manager Name: QSE Manager
Division: Commercial Products Supply (CPS) India
Location – Pune
Key roles and responsibilities of this position
This position is a key role in the QSE team in the Plant and is the final custodian of the correctness of the Bill of Materials (BOM) & master data setup which will define the product made by the Plant is in accordance to the approved formula issued by Corporate through the Country of Sales Document (COSD).
The key focus of this role is to setup, review and cross validate BOM setup & master data in situation such as but not limited to new product launches /revised country of sale / reformulations / test packs / amendment to formula / changes to pack configuration/Bill of Material updates / textual changes on labels / discontinuation / supply point shifts / outside supply business and business continuity programs. The position will need to setup:
- Execute activities related to design, creation, extension, data consolidation and validation of master data.
- Responsible for data lifecycle management and providing relevant analytics to the Global MDM team
- Ensure In-process inspection for intermediates and finished products in SAP is correct
- Provide formulation information to Operations to create recipe andinput special intructions in the Standard Mixing Instruction (SMI).
- Ensure accuracy of manufacturing recipe in the Human Machine Interface program which control the batching of products.
Validate that the recipe and SMI will meet the design and capability of the equipment setup for manufacturing.
- Generate the product label Master image and is the final approver for the accuracy of the product label to customers.
- Generate & review SDS to meet custom requirements for shipment of products.
In regulatory area –
- Provide regulatory expertise and serves as an internal consultant on regulatory issues and decision making relative to GHS, Customs and Heath authorities regulations and company specific requirements. Liason with SRA BU, R&D and Corporate.
- Leverage business relationships and influence leadership and operations to support, communicate and drive the execution of current and future program for regulatory compliance as well as provide technical expertise
- Work in collaboration with R&D in order to reduce time to market, improve productivity and flexibility, reduce complexity, logistics cost reduction, re-apply ideas & leverage intellectual property across the System, minimize write-offs, optimize product and packaging and Increase equipment utilization
This position will work very closely with the Product Portfolio & Global Master Data Teams, OU -SRA, TCCC- SRA to ensure effective execution of duties.
Create, amend & cross Validate BOM
- Translate formula and technical review information into master data elements to be updated in SAP and related systems. Create, validate through audits, and maintain master data (material master, BOMS, Master Recipes, AFL) in the SAP R/3 production module for materials, raw materials, in process, finished goods and sales kits.
- Maintenance of Business Continuity Master Data for Contingency Supply Points to meet the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) requirements.
Material Master Creation, Validation, Maintenance
- Creation & validation of correct Master data in various tabs of the Material Master, Recipe Master which include net and gross weight, storage condition, shelf life, alternate units of measurement and packing configuration.
- Upkeep and validate all formula assigned to the Plant through Country of Sales document (COSD) which is active and current.
- Data quality reporting (metrics and compliance) – Includes the design, execution and publishing of data quality and compliance scorecards.
- Create working note and get it approved.
FSSAI Licensing and compliance to food safety standards
- Lead FSSAI and other food regulations required for CPS Pune to company for its domestic and export business. License renewal, Modification, annual returns, fulfilling condition, inspections, addressing notices, etc.
- Ensure testing compliances, training and other records are maintained and up to date
- Read and interpret regulation and changes to it. Collaborate / align with OU SRA , TCCC SRA for statutory submission.
- Follow up with specific authorities in case of delays in import materials.
- Have good record keeping practice.
- Develop solutions for disclosures requested by Customs and Health officials
- Approve new statements provided to Customs and Health authorities concerning the composition of our ingredients and beverage bases with Corporate approval
- Assign tariff codes for import of ingredients and export of finished products
- Give support in issues regarding tariff codes
- Provide support in contingency plans. Act as SME and liason with BU
- Give support to CPS, BU and bottlers in new requirements implementation involving CPS processes
- Coordinate the analysis and interpretation of the regulations and scope
- Provide guidelines based on Corporate validation
Support Food Safety System Management
- Lead GHS implementation for finished products, assuring accomplishment with country of sales regulations. Work in collaboration with R&D for reformulations to avoid not expected hazards
- Support to Allergen program and Validate Concentrate labels
- Identify safety, food safety, environmental and quality risks and/or opportunities, and apply problem solving tools to ensure conformance and continuous improvement of processes. Ensure the organizational knowledge maintenance.
Value Design activities
- Provide flexibility and productivity, reducing time to market and costs through a draft prototype formula analysis
- Support new supply models according to business needs: acquisitions, supply point shifts, etc
- Improve supply chain through collaborative work with R&D on formula design, reducing operational complexity, ensuring supply continuity and optimizing costs before first manufacture
Finished product label approval 10%
- KO art work, Winshuttle and label template creation
- Setting up GLS Master data and ensure it is ok for production in CPS Pune
- Check with importing country SRA for any specific regulatory requirement on labelling.
- Provide information to Operation for creating the label template, verify the correctness of the template created and give the final approval for use.
- Communicate changes to the label to customer service.
- Coordinate relabeling activities brought upon changes in the product label.
- Maintain the approved label database.
This position works closely with senior management and plant’s associates in providing safety & environment recommendations to comply with requirements. Interactions include, but not limited to:
Internal interactions:All functions
- CPS SRA / MDM Team
- Product Portfolio team
- Local Government Authorities for Food safety and FDA (as required).
- Third parties service providers
- Professional bodies / consultants/Third party labs to improve food safety regulations
No direct reports but need to have close co-ordination and collaboration with stakeholders
Related Job Requirements/Qualifications:
- Master is Food technology, Life sciences, Chemistry, or equivalent.
- Working experience – Minimum 6-8 years in manufacturing company in similar positions. Should have knowledge of Food safety and production line knowledge in CPS OR should know manufacturing workflows, knowledge of processes in food industry. Hands on SAP knowledge and MDM work experience.
- Company (“System”) knowledge, such as organizational structures, policies, Product Approval Request , Product Stewardship, Regulatory, customers(BU’s) and other stakeholders (suppliers and bottlers).
- The job requires accuracy, discipline, consistency, and pro-activity in all duties to deliver on time.
- The job requires accuracy, discipline, consistency, and pro-activity in all duties to deliver on time.
- Technical Knowledge – Good knowledge of central and local Govt. regulatory requirement related to food Safety, import and export related to food regulation. Knowledge of various labelling requirements of food items. GHS, GLS, Allergen, GMO, PICASSO,KORE, GMP, etc.
Knowledge of food ingredients, packaging, Data analysis and reporting.
Various standards like BIS, JECFA, Pharmacopeia, HALAL , KOSHER, etc requirements.
- Analytical Ability – Support in decision making by providing accurate data. about Trends, Internal auditing.
- Interpersonal relationships – Networking and Wworking with others. Shows respect, trust and good team member.
- Planning and Organization – Set priorities and organized for meeting timelines
- Influencing – Accepts other views and implement required solution yet in agreement of others. Takes the view of others.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and establish credibility with highly technical audiences in order to build relationships
- Ability to recognize and protect proprietary information as it relates to formulas and ingredients
- Attention to detail and focused work with full concentration to avoid any error / mistake in MDM/BOM/ Recipe
- Decision making ability and effective communication,
- Collaborate and contribute to the success of the team, tolerance to stress, manage workload, take risks, and develop positive work relationships with external areas.
Able to translate regulatory requirements into practical plan Able to benchmark with others operation and implement those best practices and error proofing Recommend solution or improvements to fix or prevent the problems from happening again Work requires the ability to analyze conceptual information Work involves the handling of complex organizational tasks. Requires action based on a high level of knowledge in a specific functional area. Work needs to seek for/develop several ways to approach to a problem/situation that is highly dependent on local circumstances and type/category of product Works requires to be creative to propose formula design changes based on experience and system knowledge, benchmark with other operations is also a source of ideas
- Science or Engineering Graduate plus
- Diploma or Degree in Industrial Safety or Environment Technology and/or a Certified Safety Officer.
Able to interact in English, Marathi and Hindi, internally and externally:
Trains and leads CPS team to support and achieve on time MDM / Regulatory initiatives
- Able to deal with OU-SRA, OU-Legal and regulatory authorities for compliance/ licenses
- Able to work with other plants or professional bodies to comply regulations . Meet MDM timelines
Judgment and Decision Making:
Typically need to comply with requirements with freedom to decide on, how to accomplish assignments.
Results are achieved through the Influence on stakeholders. Knowledge and experience are key elements for independent action and to facilitate processes.
Internal and/or external collaboration adds significant benefits to the Company through Value creation initiatives and to find solutions for regulatory issues
Although final decisions may be taken by local management, a recommendation made by Formulas and Regulation specialist can lead to ingredients rejection or delay in New product Introduction. The rejection / delay may impact CPS supply chain customers and may trigger further actions within the system, including food safety awareness.
Normal manufacturing plant/office working conditions apply. Highly unlikely, it is possible that, this position is subject to hazards and risks of a food manufacturing plant such as noise, heat stress and hazardous chemical / ingredient.
This position will be primarily based at Pune, India with minimum travelling (maximum 5% of work time under normal conditions). Trips include occasional visits or training at other concentrate plants, bottling operations and training centers.
Leadership; Influencing; Product Launches; Bill of Materials (BOM); Environmental Science; Technical Knowledge; Analytical Thinking; Prioritization; Exports; Communication; Root Cause Analyses; Food Safety and Sanitation; Compliance; Importing; Food Regulations; Environmental Compliance; Food Manufacturing; External Collaboration; Green Solutions; New Product Introduction (NPI); Data Collections; Continuous Improvement (CI)
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years.
Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)