Shape the Future of IFF
We are committed to doing better for our people, customers and communities.
Our employees push beyond traditional boundaries—applying science and innovation to create a better world and a more sustainable future while expanding our customers’ opportunities.
Our vision is to be the partner for essential solutions—bringing unmatched innovation, agility and leading-edge insight together to meet customer needs, while playing a vital role in the global food, beverage, beauty, household and personal care and pharmaceutical supply chains.
Every day provides us an opportunity to bring our most creative visions to life. Join us!
WORKING AT IFF
At the heart of our success is investing in talent and valuing the diversity of our people. To drive breakthrough innovation and top performance, we aim to develop and engage employees through effective talent management, career development and workplace health and safety programs.
By joining IFF, you could be part of a diverse team of highly passionate people who never stop imagining, always curious and committed to creating a better future for all.
Explore Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at IFF
At the core of our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion program is the certainty that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. Explore our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion program and learn more about our commitment to a diverse team.
Date: May 26, 2022
Location: Gurugram, Haryana, IN, 122001
Company: IFF Family of Companies
Are you inspired to contribute your expertise to a global leading Ingredients organization? We are a global leader in taste, scent and nutrition, offering our customers a broader range of solutions for the food & beverage industry.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to join Nourish team as Food Technologist (Designer), Beverage. Come join the global Ingredients leader where science and creativity meet to create essential solutions for a better world!
As Food Technologist (Designer), Beverage, you will be responsible for evaluating and applying flavors or ingredients (Stabilizers, Emulsifiers, Protein, fibers etc.) in beverage applications (like juices, nectars, carbonated soft drinks, energy drinks, flavored water, tea, alcoholic beverages, health food powders) and selecting the optimal flavors or ingredients for customer projects in the part of ISC region. This is a Gurgaon, India based position and will report to Design Team Leader, Beverage.
How You Will Contribute
- Proactively and reactively work on internal and Customer briefs, contribute proactive ideas that will help our customers bring consumer-preferred and differentiating products to the market.
- Continuously evolving, expanding knowledge of ingredients and manufacturing processes for beverage applications.
- Manage all technical communications with Customers in the ISC region for beverage applications.
- Contribute to winning briefs and successful delivery of Beverage projects.
- Develop concept presentations, present flavors or ingredients and product concepts to Customers.
- Develop application formulations based on industrial standards, country specific requirements and client requirements
- Work with different internal and external stake holders to meet the customer project deadline and wins.
- Close collaboration with our Customers to optimize their recipes.
- Support our customers in trial productions of new recipes or implementing solutions.
- Customer visits, presenting prototypes or to support with customer trials.
- Apply and evaluate flavors or ingredients for relevant briefs.
- Proactively monitor flavor or ingredients performance and stability.
- Select optimal flavors or ingredients for projects according to all relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation, technical suitability, costs, etc.).
- Identify appropriate flavor, Ingredients or delivery systems and technologies.
- Translate market trends into new product concepts and developments.
- Maintain effective relationships with our key customers, gain their trust and respect.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized lab environment in accordance with IFF safety policies.
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology, Master’s in Food Technology or Dairy Technology preferred.
- At least 5-7 years of relevant industry or category work experience,
- Good knowledge and understanding of most food applications, ingredients, and processes with practical experience in Customers’ food manufacturing environment.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage complex development projects and briefs.
- Expert technical problem-solving skills in specific applications and basic skills in multiple applications areas.
- Ability to translate market trends into innovative products for key Customers.
- Strong verbal and written proficiency in the English language.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Adaptability to consistently changing facts or environment.
- High energy and drive including ability to work beyond regular business hours, as necessary.
- Demonstrative willingness to be a collaborative and consultative team player with the ability to work independently and efficiently.
IFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We value the diverse mosaic of the ethnicity, national origin, race, age, sex or veteran status. We strive for inclusive workplace that allows each of our colleagues to bring their authentic self to work regardless of their religion, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, or disability. Visit IFF.com/careers/workplace-diversity-and-inclusion to learn more