West Bengal Health Recruitment Board recruits 22 Food Safety Officers (FSO). The vacancies are temporary but likely to be permanent. Eligible and interested candidates may apply online through the official website of the West Bengal Health Recruitment Board. Advertisement No.: R/FSO/48/2022 Dated:12.12.2022. Required educational qualifications and other details for informational purposes only in the interest of job-seekers are given below in brief —
WEST BENGAL HEALTH RECRUITMENT BOARD RECRUITS 22 FOOD SAFETY OFFICERS (FSO)
FOOD SAFETY OFFICERS (FSO) – 22 Nos
Educational Qualification –
- Hold a degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Biotechnology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Sciences or Bio-Chemistry or Microbiology or Masters’s Degree in Chemistry a degree in medicine from a recognized University. (However, no person who has any financial interest in the manufacture, import, or sale of any article of food shall be appointed to be a Food Safety Officer under the Food Safety and Standards Rules, 2011)
- Holder of any other equivalent / recognized qualification notified by the Central Government.
- Has successfully completed training as specified by the Food Authority in a recognized institute or institution approved for the purpose.
- Knowledge of Bengali/ Nepali – Spoken and written.
- The age for direct recruitment shall not be less than 21 years and not more than 36 years on the 1st day of January of the year of advertisement, relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates as per existing rules of Govt. of West Bengal provided that the upper age limit may be relaxed by the State Govt., by order.
Pay Scale –
- Level-12 [Rs. 35,800/- -92,100/- under the Pay structure of W.B.S (ROPA) Rules, 2019]. Other allowances admissible as per Government Rules.
Upper Age Relaxation-
- Lower Age Limit: Minimum 21 years of age as on 1st January 2022.
- Maximum Age Limit: Maximum 36 years of age as of 1st January 2022.
- The maximum age limit is relaxable by 3 years for OBC, 5 years for Scheduled Castes, and 5 years for Scheduled Tribes.
- For age proof, admit card or mark sheet of Class X or MP or equivalent or any Government ID Proof have to be submitted (which one contains the D.O.B. of the candidate).
- A candidate should verify from the notified eligibility criteria to ascertain whether he/ she is eligible for submission of an application. The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed. The recruitment will be made by selection(direct recruitment) following the method specified below. However, if many applications are received as a result of the Advertisement, the Board for the purpose of short-listing may hold a preliminary examination.
- Candidates must submit the online application fee amounting to Rs. 210/- (Rupees two hundred ten) only through Banks participating in the GRIPS (Govt. Receipt Portal System).
- Money orders, cheques, Bank drafts, Cash, etc. shall not be accepted.
How to apply –
- Visit the WBHRB Website, and click on Apply button
- Find the WBHRB Career/Advertising menu.
- Check your eligibility and continue. To register or apply, click the link.
- Give accurate information and upload the required papers.
- Whenever necessary, pay the application fees.
- Take the printout of your application
Important Dates –
- Starting Date for Apply Online & Payment of Fee: 16/12/2022 From 10:00 AM
- Last Date for Apply Online & Payment of Fee: 30/12/2022 Till 02:00 PM
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
🖥️ Level 1 training
🖥️ Level 3 – Internal Auditor training
🖥️ FSSAI FOSTAC training
🖥️ Internship program