About ONganic Foods Private Limited
ONganic Foods is a leading organic foods company based in West Bengal, India. We work across the value chain like farming, processing, R&D, domestic sales in B2B and B2C categories. Our vision is better livelihoods for farmers, health & wellness for consumers, and a sustainable planet. We aim to impact 10,000 farmers by 2025.
Ekta Jaju is extremely passionate about building a sustainable, organic, resilient community in Rural India. She realized that finding reliable market is single largest challenge small organic farmers faced. Coupled with lack of knowledge of market demands, and organic best practices, and poor prices forced many to look for alternate income options. Ekta was passionate and determined to demonstrate that organic farming is a financially sustainable profession for small holders.
Ekta set up ONganic Foods in 2015 to provide integrated and holistic solution to the challenges in agriculture sector. ONganic handholds the farmer right from procurement of seeds to access to the premium markets. Apart from benefits of reduced cost and premium prices, organic farming improves soil quality, promotes bio diversity, is extremely nutritious and healthy and is climate resilient. ONganic’s vision is better livelihoods for farmers, health & wellness for consumers and a sustainable planet.
About the internship
Selected intern’s day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Work on the procurement of organic harvest, required documentation & storage management
2. Work on quality checking of raw material and finished goods as per organic process requirements (NPOP, NOP)
3. Work on training, supervising, and appraising staff
4. Review and check plant sanitation, maintaining documents as per ISO standards
5. Liaise with transport companies, suppliers, and clients
6. Monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality
7. Monitor packaging requirements and work closely with the team for material dispatch
- Should be able to maintain storage and stocks
- Must know about QMS, GMP, GHP, ISO & FSSC 22000 standards
- Must be able to understand quality and safety issues regarding procurement, maintain intended standards by monitoring parameters
- Should be dynamic visiting suppliers and check the quality of materials to be procured
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online & Offline both available)