At , our purpose is to empower people to snack right through offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. That means delivering a broader range of delicious, high-quality snacks that nourish life’s moments, made with sustainable ingredients and packaging that consumers can feel good about.
We have a rich portfolio of strong brands – both global and local. Including many household names such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. We are proud to hold the number 1 position globally in biscuits, chocolate and candy as well as the No. 2 position in gum
Our 80,000 Makers and Bakers are located in our operations in more than 80 countries and are working to sell our products in over 150 countries around the world. They are energized for growth and critical to us living our purpose and values. We are a diverse community that can make things happen, and happen fast.
Join us and Make It An Opportunity!
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
You execute the regulatory affairs strategy for your respective category or categories and geographical area and are responsible for the regulatory and policy compliance of our portfolio. You advocate for our regulatory positions to promote the removal of technical barriers and to enable our “Snacking Made Right” strategy. You leverage your established relationships with leading trade associations and government agencies to communicate our interests, and execute policies, regulatory programs and requirements.
How you will contribute
You will support on the regulatory affairs strategy and compliance agenda and work with cross-functional stakeholders to assess business risks and opportunities. You will provide your expertise for technical regulatory developments and help in responses to challenges and crisis management. In this role, you will ensure that ingredients, product composition, claims and labelling compliance are within applicable regulations and company policies. In addition, you will provide guidance and direction on potential opportunities to support strategic growth initiatives and propose and implement business solutions to external regulatory agencies. You will lead and develop strong and high-performing regulatory team.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and purpose, accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Regulatory affairs (senior level, industry, governmental, association background) and leading teams
- Regulatory framework in geographical area of scope
- Building collaborative relationships and networks to influence outcomes – communicating and influencing skills
- Leading technical assessments
- Issues management
- Thinking creatively
- Leading teams and developing talent
- Project management skills
What you need to know about this position:
- Executes and contributes to the development and execution of the Scientific and Regulatory Affairs strategy for IN BU, including all categories (Chocolate, Biscuit, Beverages and, Candy).
- Advocates for MDLZ scientific and regulatory positions with stakeholders to promote removal of technical barriers and enable our Snacking Made Right strategy.
- Represents IN MDLZ with key government agencies and industry associations like CII, FICCI, ICMA and Scientific bodies ILSI & PFNDAI to guide advancement and execution of policies, regulatory changes / impact.
- Responsible for leading impact assessments and implementation requirements for regulation, laws, and industry policies affecting ingredients, product claims, labelling, including.
- Responsible for collaborating with Region RA leads to ensure the regulatory and policy compliance of our MDLZ portfolio in IN.
- Knowledgeable and engaged in owning understanding the IN BU Business priorities to enable influencing and positioning of SA topic
What extra ingredients you will bring: This role will lead and deliver the following focus areas.
- External Advocacy
Leads monitoring of changing regulatory landscape , supports readiness for future , influence strategic direction , guidance on changing consumer sentiment, driving MDLZ position, voice for MDLZ in alignment from stakeholders.
- Horizon Scanning
Leads monitoring of changing regulatory landscape , supports readiness for future , influence strategic direction, in alignment with current and emerging consumer focus areas, and in alignment with MDLZ well-being strategy and future vision
- Stakeholder & Partnership Management
Owns collaboration, partnership, and execution of key topics across internal and external partners: Business, Corporate Affairs, Government Affairs, Legal, R&D, trade associations, agencies.
- Interpretation & Integration
Owns advancing RA, Stakeholder and BU positions, inputs to ensure future, existing regulations and consumer facing scientific topics, driving MDLZ competitive advantage, and linkage to MDLZ strategies
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelors or Masters or equivalent in relevant field (Food Science or Nutrition preferred)
Job specific requirements:
- 16-20 years of experience in Regulatory or related field at a global food manufacturer or consumer healthcare with 10-12 years’ experience and achievement as a people Manager
- Strong attention to detail with a passion to advance regulatory compliance technical skills
- Good knowledge of the national Food law regulations for countries of responsibility as well as International Standards (e.g. Codex)
- Good knowledge of market environment and ability to understand trade position as well as manufacturing processes and portfolios.
- Mostly domestic travel around 20% and around International 1-2 %.
- As per IN BU norms/ associated Business entity. This is a leadership position in terms of Accountability/ responsibility.
Within Country Relocation support available and for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez India Foods Private Limited (formerly Cadbury India Ltd.) has been in India for over 70 years, making sure our mouth-watering and well-loved local and global brands such as Cadbury chocolates, Bournvita and Tang powdered beverages, Oreo and Cadbury Bournvita biscuits, and Halls and Cadbury Choclairs Gold candies get safely into our customers hands—and mouths.
Headquartered in Mumbai, the company has more than 3,300 employees proudly working across sales offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai and in manufacturing facilities at Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh, at our global Research & Development Technical Centre and Global Business Hub in Maharashtra and in a vast distribution network across the country. We are also proud to be recognised by Avatar as the Best Companies for Women in India in 2019 – the fourth time we’ve received this award.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.