On May 8, 1886, Dr. John Pemberton brought his perfected syrup to Jacobs’ Pharmacy in downtown Atlanta where the first glass of Coca‑Cola was poured. From that one iconic drink, we’ve evolved into a total beverage company. More than 2.2 billion servings of our drinks are enjoyed in more than 200 countries and territories each day.
We are constantly transforming our portfolio, from reducing added sugar in our drinks to bringing innovative new products to market. We seek to positively impact people’s lives, communities and the planet through water replenishment, packaging recycling, sustainable sourcing practices and carbon emissions reductions across our value chain. Together with our bottling partners, we employ more than 700,000 people, helping bring economic opportunity to local communities worldwide
JOB TITLE : Process QA Analyst
MANAGER TITLE & NAME: Plant QSE Lead
DEPARTMENT: CPS QSE Function
BASE LOCATION: CPS Plant (in Gujrat)
EXPECTED GRADE: P1
A. JOB SUMMARY: Describe the Purpose of this job in 2-3 Sentences.
- Build a Total Quality Management culture by driving/developing the capabilities of the Associates on Quality aspects on the job and to evaluate process/equipment capabilities through the Validations and Process Monitoring.
- Ensure manufacturing processes/process quality activities are followed in compliance with KORE & ISO, GMP and local regulation requirements by developing & providing SOP’s for plant processes and timely technical support and decision on the quality problem, observation to protect product’s integrity and specification amd final disposition of customer complains/feedback.
- Establish and maintain an effective, governed and documented system for all company processes, which is integrated compliant to its entire applicable standard references and capable of meeting company requirements continually.
- Evaluate new packaging material and ensure the packaging fitness for use and handling of all packing material documentation which is part of quality system.
B. KEY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Briefly describe the primary duties/responsibilities of this job in 5-8 bullet points. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity.
% of Time
Process Quality Activities:
- Ensure plant’s operations continue keeping pace with new KORE requirements, regulations, quality management methods and industry best practices.
- Regular conduct the risk assessment for plant key processes to mitigate the risk of failure to deliver Quality product.
- Ensure that quality is built into the process by training Associates on Quality monitoring aspects.
- Validate equipment and processes, routinely monitoring and adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices of the highest standard.
- Create a technical library/database by compiling in an easy retrieval system all the technical information available in the plant post-commissioning and compiling the validation reports generated as a result of the Validation Master Plan implementation.
- Ensure all manufacturing instructions (SMI) are followed by production effectively.
- Organize and support plant’s associates to use the problem solving tools for root-cause analysis and action plans to eliminate the recurrence of quality issue
- Support Corrective/Preventive actions of PDR, TDQ, and analysis of manufacturing problems.
- Perform process validations and process capability studies to ensure the performance of production equipment meet KORE requirements and required actions are implemented if there is any deficiency
- Inspect manufacturing equipment for use after maintenance (calibration, maintenance, etc).
- Assess existing processes/operations to seek the possibility to eliminate non-value activities by adopting OE concept and methodology
- To review the completed analysis report against KO requirements and documents relating to food regulation for auxiliary material / processing aid to authorize the supplier finally
60 % Plant GMP / Security Program
- Routinely monitoring and adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices of the highest standard and ensure plant’s security program are in-placed effective.
- Follow-up on the execution of the GMP programs in both general facilities by outsourced service contractor and manufacturing area by direct GMP housekeepers
- Management of the pest control and housekeeping program by monitoring & evaluating the service performance (contractors), controlling, and monitoring the housekeepers’ performance inside the manufacturing area to ensure total compliance with GMP standards.
- Implement Quality requirements (KORE and ISO) and provide suggestions and recommendations for improvement based on food/pharmaceutical industry’s experience.
- Lead the team to play a key role in the implementation, assessment and improvement of Quality and Food Safety Management System
- Support internal auditor team of quality system and actively participate the scheduled internal audit to continuous improve/upgrade plant’s quality system and operations.
New Packaging development and routine incoming inspection
- Work with Asia packaging specialist to develop new packaging suppliers to meet the increased volume and introduced new process/equipment.
- Continuously optimize packaging material to improve the plant’s performance on TDQ and OTIF and ensure the packaging material meet our spec prior to use.
- Collate packaging information to ensure completeness and accuracy in PICASSO and related databases.
- Identify training needs of the associates.
- Respnsibole to lead midyear/annual performance review, provide feedback and documenting the performance of associates.
D. COMMUNICATION COMPLEXITIES:
As indicated, the impact is on all manufacturing operations as far as quality is concerned and this applies to warehouse, distribution aspects, Customer Complaints investigation and resolutions.
Participate in visits to Customers to resolve alleged quality issues with manufacturing. Co-ordinate joint efforts with other CPS plants on quality initiatives and was identified to participate in cross audits with Corporate Quality. Daily contact with the Leadership Team, Wider Management Team and associates throughout the plant.
F. JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
The job can recommned to stop production of beverage base if any potential process or product quality issue is noted during the manufacturing.
The job has the responsibilities to suggest solution to the existing processes, package material to upgrade the quality of our products and processing/quality system
H. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conduct performance review of processes and equipments. Identify training need and train associate.
I. QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS:
Is this position a:
Leader of Self
Leader of Others
Leader of Leaders
- Minimum experience is 4-5 years prior experience in production supervision role in a food/beverage or pharmaceutical industry.
- Familiar with ISO and Food Safety Quality System, understand KORE requirements will be preferred.
- Knowledge of concentrate manufacturing and quality system, project management experience; strong GMP experience, problem solving skills. strategic-thinking, planning, organizing and executing skills. Knowledge of local food laws/regulations.
J. RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Of prime importance are communication and listening skills.
- Time management is a key considering the level of involvement in many simultaneous projects.
K. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Indicate the minimum education level required to perform the job.
Level of Certificate
15 Postgraduate/Master’s degree In life sciences
L. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor of science or postgraduate degree, major in the subject of chemistry or food science, or biochemistry, Food technology and food engineering
M. CULTURAL DIVERSITY:
Targeting employment of local associates as much as practically possible, As part of communication skills with other CPS-Plants or Corporate Quality, both oral and written English language in fluent is required.
N. WORKING CONDITIONS: Describe the risk of exposure to hazards in performing this job, and the types of hazards faced.
Hazards and risks are normal ones associated with a CPS manufacturing plant.
O. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Travel requirements are in response to problems for the most part and therefore no specifically planned up front. Approximate time is 10%.
P. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
This document serves as a common job description for a Process QA role in a CPS Plant. The job scope of this position in the respective plant location is subject to complexity and scale of operating business in the Plant.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)