Inviting Applications for DST-SERB – Sponsored Accelerate Vigyan Training and Skill Internship (Vritika)
About the Institute
‘The National Institute of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management – Thanjavur (NIFTEM-T) is an Institute of National Importance functioning under the aegis of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India.
Over the years, we have expanded our mandates – from an R&D laboratory to finding solutions for post-harvest preservation
of paddy located at Thiruvarur – TN in 1967, to Paddy Processing Research Center (PPRC) to Indian Institue of Crop Processing Technology (IICPT) to Indian Institute of Food Processing
Technology (IIFPT) to what we are now – NIFTEM-Thanjavur.
This journey has witnessed major milestones in research, academic excellence, outreach, and services. Apart from our main campus at Thanjavur, we have our liaison offices at Bathinda and Guwahati, primarily focusing on skill development and outreach. Over a period of 50 years, the institute has evolved in different dimensions like education, research, consultation, skill development, capacity
building, businessincubation, etc.
NIFTEM-T mainly focus on inclusive and sustainable growth of post-harvest processing and value addition towards accomplishing economic thriving and prosperous food processing sector of the nation. The institute caters the needs of the country by developing skilled/technical manpower for achieving the targets like sustained food security
for all, safe food supply at grass root levels, reduced food losses and economic prosperity of country. Today, the institute is internationally well knowing among the academicians for its high-class education and superior research achievements.
NIFTEM-T offers one Under Graduate program, three super specialized post graduate program and two doctoral programs. Having more than 5 decades of experience in the field of food processing, the institute delivered more than 600 young professional to the core field and they are proving their phenomenal prudence in food processing domain both in India and aboard. NIFTEM-T is not mere graduating the students, it creates doyens in food processing.
About the VRITIKA
‘VRITIKA’ is the call for initiation and practice in science through Training and Skill Internship. This program aims to provide opportunities to promising PG students from universities and colleges to get exposure and hands-on research skill development experience.
These internships will primarily be facilitated by organizations / institutions / laboratories of national importance.
About the programme
This program is offered by the Centre of Excellence for Grain Sciences, at NIFTEM – Thanjavur. This internship program aims to develop skills in rice processing, the machinery involved in rice production, various methods of parboiling paddy, quality evaluation of rice and exposure to other facilities like Central Instrumentation Lab, Food Processing. Business Incubation Centre, Food Packaging Lab and Computational Modelling & Nanoscale processing unit.
Interns – Eligibility Criteria
• Vritika is open to postgraduate and PhD students from Institutes, Colleges, and Universities in India. Applicants pursuing PG/PhD programs in the discipline of Food Engineering, Food Processing, Post-Harvest Engineering & Technology, Food Technology, Agricultural Processing, and related departments are eligible.
• Good academic record in the relevant areas of specializations.
• The applicants must produce a ‘Recommendation Letter’ from their Supervisor / Head of the Department / Head of the Institute indicating their association with the institute and ‘No Objection Certificate (NOC)’ for participation in the Internship programme.
Registration Details and Selection Process:
• There is ‘NO REGISTRATION FEE’ for the participants of this event.
• The event is limited to 05 (PG / PhD ) students only.
• Please fill the Google form along with the requested details and other supporting documents including the NOC
letter latest by 15th November, 2022.
• The selection of the eligible PG and Ph.D students will be done based on the recommendations of the duly
constituted Selection Committee of the host institute.
• Selection of interns are based on the sole discretion of the selection committee and recommendations from the
selection committee is final.
• Only selected candidates will be informed by email, therefore the candidates must provide valid E-mail IDs
• The selected candidates will have to acknowledge and accept the offer for participating in the Training and Skill
Internship through return email with in 24hrs, failing which the waitlisted candidates may be called for the Training
and Skill Internship.
Nature of support and other terms and conditions
• The supervisor to whom the interns are assigned would be assigning them tasks/ assignments as per the research
• The intern should work accordingly and prepare a work report to be submitted after completion of the internship.
• Interns not completing the work within the requisite period will not be issued any certificate.
• The IPR of the research work will be reserved by the institute which cannot be used by the intern without
permission of the concerned authority.
• Hostel accommodation with catering facilities and travel by train may be provided to the candidates (The participating students will be eligible for TA reimbursement for their journey to the host institute from their hometown/home institute, both ways, as per the Government norms). Accommodation will be on a sharing basis
in the institute trainees hostel.
• No stipend will be provided for the internship.
• Selected candidates shall attend the programme physically. 100% attendance is mandatory.
• The intern should abide by the rules and regulations of the institution and laboratory protocols.
Date : 1st Dec 2022 to 30th Dec 2022
Venue : NIFTEM-T, Thanjavur
Total Participants: 05 Members (Only PG and Ph.D students)
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship