We are looking for a result driven Individual who can work closely with our team to manage the quality in the roasting department, focusing especially on alternative coffee products like easy pours, pods, cold brews, instant and any future new products. The individual’s responsibilities will include
- Manage the quality of all alternative coffee products- Instant coffee, Cold Brew cans, Easy Pours, Pods, Cold Brew bags and future Daily cupping of production roasts for standard and alternative products.
- Create complete SOP’s for all alternative coffee products.
- Implement new processes to continually strive for highest quality outcome
- Work with lead roaster to perfect profiles for new/current coffees, lead discussions at team meetings to ensure the highest quality profile is assigned.
- Collate roast and quality metrics monthly- Roast log, Color readings, weight loss, roast goals, cupping data. Report on metrics achieved, suggest improvements or changes to maintain quality standards.
- Manage regular updation of roast curves to ensure cupping scores remain high across roasting department.
- Work with SCM team to roast coffee for alternate coffee products meeting production requirements.
- Suggest and approve profile changes as per product quality performance over time to maintain quality standards.
- Lead a sensory training program for roasting team.
- Develop new coffee products which align with our goals as a leading specialty coffee company Create new blends- wholesale, retail for alternate coffee products.
- Introduce new equipment and systems to improve efficiency and quality alternative products department
- Interdepartmental educational trainings for alternative coffee products.
- Share content to marketing team for alternative products and content related to quality of coffee
Desired Candidate Profile
- High level cupping ability- Q Graders and 3+ years’ experience in a coffee tasting role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to provide feedback constructively and resolve conflicts.
- Roasting Knowledge.
- Organization skills and good attention to detail Ability to manage junior roasters.
- Motivated to continuously learn and share knowledge
ABOUT BLUE TOKAI COFFEE ROASTERS
We are India’s largest specialty coffee company, with coffee roasteries in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and a growing network of cafes. All our coffees are sourced from leading growers across the country. Traceability and long-term relationships with our farms are integral to what we do. We are focused on sourcing, roasting and brewing the best coffee beans India has to offer.
Our mission since we started has stayed simple: introduce our customers to the estates we directly buy our great tasting coffee from, roast the beans with care, and make high-quality coffee more accessible through our cafes and our website. The coffee we roast is the coffee we like to drink, and we hope you like it too.
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship