India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
The HD FSQ Manager is an exciting opportunity to join the GEMS organization, with focus on the overall Food Safety and Quality leadership for Häagen-Dazs Shops, Retail, Foodservice and Ice Cream Cake Kitchens. The role will drive food safety risk reduction, regulatory compliance, drive business growth, and enhance consumer and customer satisfaction across all the IMEA markets. This position requires strong collaboration with cross functional partners, coupled with strong technical expertise to drive risk reduction, and proven abilities to collaborate with operations team.
50% of Time
Lead and Communicate Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory
- Conduct regular shop visits/ESP internal audits to drive food safety and quality improvements and facilitate business growth
- Deliver training to Franchisee staff on ESP, Food Safety, Regulatory Management, Incident Management…etc.
- Drive reduction of food safety risks from auditing findings
- Manage the HD Shops ESP Audit Program in terms of vendor management, auditor training/calibration, and audit results reporting
- Conduct the audit on the Food and Packaging Suppliers
- Manage all shop regulatory contacts
- Identify and mitigate local country regulatory risks in restaurant regulations
Drive Product Quality Programs and Consumer First Capabilities
- Advance Consumer First by advocating the shop consumer complaint, analyzing and communicating consumer complaint trends, and implementing action plans to drive down complaint levels
- Drive Product Quality improvement Programs
- Partner with Shop Operations teams to improve Service Quality in the HD shops network
- Drive consumer complaint reduction for retail/FS
25% of Time
Deliver Innovation, Renovation, Shops Format Revamp, and Geographic Expansion to Enable Business Growth
- Proactively manage the new shop opening by means of design/construction review process, pre-opening audits, addressing findings
- Enable new market entries
- Enable the innovation and renovation of product/packaging/consumables/merchandise, shop menu revamp, new business models, marketing campaigns/communication, and HMM initiatives
- Minimum Degree Requirements – Bachelors
- Preferred Degree Requirements – Masters
- Preferred Major Area Of Study – Food Science & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Microbiology…etc.
- Preferred Professional Certifications – HACCP / ISO2200 / FSSC certified
- Minimum Years Of Related Experience Required – 5+ Years
- Preferred Years Of Related Experience – 8+ Years
Specific Job Experience Or Skills Needed
- 8+ years of total experience in food safety / QA / FMCG
- At least 5 years of QA work experience in food companies along with supplier/auditing Management
- Strong technical expertise in food safety management e.g. HACCP, microbiology, catering hygiene management
- Strong business acumen in understanding the key business drivers and working effectively with various business stakeholders
Competencies/Behaviors Required For Job
- Strong communication skills
- Collaboration: Builds effective cross-functional partnerships, Influence the Business
- Advances Technical Possibilities – develop technical acumen in product and process knowledge and FSQ expertise
- Demonstrate skill in developing solutions to issue/ problems
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online & Offline both available)