At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product.
We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future.
We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 12,000 passionate Employees working in more than 40 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
This position is of a Chef Technical advisor in our Gourmet team. Based in Delhi or Gurgaon, the position will report to the Regional Sales Manager (North India) and will have the responsibility of driving sustainable sales and customer growth in identified geographies in North India. This is expected to be done by taking total ownership of designing effective product and application demonstrations and training in response to commercial requests received from our stakeholders. The position holder will be expected to travel regularly and maintain effective business relationships with our customers.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Present strong demonstrations and trainings of Barry Callebaut products’ quality and functionalities via application in final products
- Take total ownership as a product leader of creating, innovating, implementing and coordinating each training or demonstration session and delivering a successful project outcome within budget and quality targets provided
- Effectively earn the rational and emotional buy-in from customers via persuasive demonstrations
- Introduce new and creative ideas in new applications to provide more value added services and to earn more loyalty from customers
- Work closely with the R&D Team to optimize product recipes for customer specific application purposes
- Work closely with Sales Managers to find out the root cause of functionality complaints and retain customers by resolving them effectively.
- Ownership of food safety and quality systems
- Strong chocolate and compound knowledge and skills and application (making the final products)
- Strong presentation and hands on demonstration skills
- Charisma and persuasive communication/ marketing skills with customer oriented mindset
- Good operational experience and project management capabilities
- Personality: highly motivated, team and customer-oriented, aggressive sales mindset, ability to plan and work independently
Experience/ Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years on the job training and experience in the hotel or bakery industry.
- Fluent in English. Additional local language fluency (in the applicable territories) is a plus
- BA/BS or Culinary Degree with professional pastry qualifications preferred
At Barry Callebaut, we are committed to Diversity & Inclusion. United by our strong values, we thrive on the diversity of who we are, where we come from, what we’ve experienced and how we think. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment where people can truly be themselves, grow to their full potential and feel they belong. #oneBC – Diverse People, Sustainable Growth.
Location – Mumbai
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)