PepsiCo India: Leadership through Winning with Purpose
PepsiCo entered India in 1989 and has grown to become one of the largest MNC food and beverage businesses in India. PepsiCo India’s diverse portfolio includes iconic brands like Pepsi, Lay’s, Kurkure, Tropicana 100%, Gatorade and Quaker. Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose.
We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders.
Model partnership with over 24,000 farmers:
PepsiCo India has pioneered and established a model of partnership with farmers and now works with over 24,000 happy farmers across nine states. More than 45 percent of these are small and marginal farmers with a land holding of one acre or less.
PepsiCo provides 360-degree support to the farmer through assured buy back of their produce at pre-agreed prices, quality seeds, extension services, disease control packages, bank loans, weather insurance, and the latest technological practices.
The association with PepsiCo India has not only raised the incomes of small and marginal farmers, but also their social standing.
In 2009, PepsiCo India achieved a significant milestone, by becoming the first business to achieve ‘Positive Water Balance’ in the beverage world, and has been Water Positive since then. In 2015, PepsiCo India saved 12.75 billion litres more that it consumed in its manufacturing operations.
The company made this possible through innovative irrigation practices like direct seeding, community water recharging initiatives, and by reducing the consumption of water in its manufacturing facilities.
PepsiCo is lauded for its efforts for water conservation and has received numerous awards such as CII National award for water management and Water Digest award for water practices amongst others.
Care for the environment:
PepsiCo India is focused on reducing its carbon footprint. In 2015, PepsiCo’s India’s Food and Beverage manufacturing operations’ dependence on non-renewable energy has reduced by 74% and 62% respectively from a baseline of 2006. This reduction has been on two counts – improved operating efficiency and technology intervention of plants and migration to renewable sources of energy such as bio mass fuels (rice husk boilers) and wind turbines.
- Support QCM FSSAI licensing, Audit / Compliances.
- Implementing food safety systems like HACCP, AIB with best-in-class AIB score. AIB ELABORATE
GLOBAL/ SECTOR BEST PRACTICES – Acquiring and implementing
- Ensuring that the product is dispatched as per the quality norms by administering hold & clear process in plant & 3P thereby complaining to KC 14.
- Drive Food Safety Agenda in plant & ensuring compliance to FSSAI requirements applicable to industry.
- Knowledge on WRS operation to optimize the water usages in the plant along with FS requirements in this area.
- Support driving Quality systems in plant & NPD and other R&D trials.
- Develop and implement the best practices in GHK/ Allergen monitoring as per norms.
- Training and skill enhancement of operatives.
- Lead internal / external audits (AIB, Personal Hygiene, Process audit, Food Safety) at Plant.
- Driving food safety agenda by doing monthly food safety audits & ensuring CAPA closure.
- Maintaining records of customer/consumer complaints. Build awareness around it to all, making action plans & closure of the same.
- Execute and monitoring food safety systems of HACCP/ AIB
- Drive AIB standards execution to achieve best AIB Score
- Support on WRS area while controlling the chemicals and consumables.
- Administer & maintain the 3P leakage data & circulate data to all concerned.
- Lead assigned TPM circle & drive agenda as per plan. Participating in TPM activities for increased involvement in the functioning of the plant.
- Support EHS manager for ETP related documentation.
- Coordinate with manufacturing for IPS audits & support for closure of actin points.
- Partner HR in imparting training to plant population on food safety, safety, personal hygiene, product & packaging quality as per training calendar
- Management Information system – Compilation and tracking of key quality performance indicators on daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Ensuring hygiene and sanitation standards are maintained in the plant.
- Supporting the Quality Manager in implementing best quality systems for the plant
- Contributing towards developing a quality focused culture
- Contributing towards effectiveness of Quality team by providing data points.
- Implementing of change initiatives and supporting continuous improvement in department
Conduct quarterly internal Food Safety audits along with QA manager and conduct management review meeting with Food Safety team to strengthen the systems.
- Successful unannounced AIB Audit (>900+) without any serious findings, Personal Hygiene, Process audit, Food Safety
- Volume (AOP volume)
- Quality metrices as per AOP
- 3P & CFA audits
- QAS and ASHA audits
- Troubleshooting for quality issues
- Total Manpower: Operatives & contractual (Training and education)
- Ensuring safety regarding work at height during master cleaning operations and also to imbibe the culture of Behavioural Based Safety within the entire population.
- NPD launches
- Achieving overall AIB score of 900 without any serious findings. Also to conduct monthly AIB internal audits and ensuring closure of 80 % actionable
- Ensuring sustenance of FM complaints vs YAGO.
- Successful implementation of PSIP pilot testing with seasoning vendors.
- Successful operation of WRS while controlling the chemicals and consumables to deliver the AOP-WUR.
Learning continuously and upgrading own abilities:
- Seeking feedback from team members and seniors
- Reflecting on own competencies and possible gaps
- Setting learning goals
- Monitoring implementation of these goals
- Continuously updating knowledge from external environment
- B. Tech. – Food Technology /Dairy technology, M.Sc. -Chemistry /4-6 yrs. of FMCG industry Exp.
- Sound technical knowledge of foods operations, food safety and quality systems
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with teams
- Ability to manage multiple stake holders (internal and external)
- Ability to lead team of professionals and operators
- Ability to manage in ambiguity and perform under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Focus for driving results
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship