ITC’s Branded Packaged Foods business is one of the fastest growing foods businesses in India, driven by the market standing and consumer franchise of its popular brands – Aashirvaad, Bingo! Sunfeast, Fabelle, Sunbean, Yippee! Kitchens of India, B Natural, ITC Master Chef, Farmland, mint-o, Candyman and GumOn. The Foods business is today represented in multiple categories in the market – Staples, Spices, Biscuits, Confectionery & Gums, Snacks, Noodles & Pasta, Beverages, Dairy, Ready to Eat Meals, Chocolate, Coffee and Frozen Foods.
ITC’s uncompromising commitment to the health and safety of its consumers ensures adherence to the highest levels of quality, safety and hygiene standards in manufacturing processes and in the supply chain. All ITC-owned manufacturing units are Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) certified. The quality performance of all manufacturing units is monitored continuously online. Going beyond process control, ITC ensures that quality standards are scrupulously adhered to while choosing ingredients that go into the preparation of its food products. (Know more about ITC’s Food Policy)
ITC’s Foods brands delight millions of households with a wide range of differentiated, value-added products developed by leveraging ITC’s in-house R&D capabilities, relevant consumer insights, a deep understanding of the Indian palate gained from its Hotels business, its agri-sourcing & packaging strengths, exciting, innovative communication and an unmatched distribution network.
The business continues to invest in every aspect of manufacturing, distribution and marketing to ensure that it can leverage emerging opportunities and fulfill its aspiration of being the most trusted provider of Branded Packaged Foods in the country. ITC’s Foods business also exports its products to the key geographies of North America, Africa, Middle East and Australia.
THE ITC VISION
Sustain ITC’s position as one of India’s most valuable corporations through world class performance, creating growing value for the Indian economy and the Company’s stakeholders
THE ITC MISSION
To enhance the wealth generating capability of the enterprise in a globalising environment, delivering superior and sustainable stakeholder value
ITC is a board-managed professional company, committed to creating enduring value for the nation and the shareholder. It has a rich organisational culture rooted in its core values of respect for people and belief in empowerment. Its philosophy of all-round value creation is backed by strong corporate governance policies and systems.
ITC’S CORPORATE STRATEGIES ARE:
- Create multiple drivers of growth by developing a portfolio of world class businesses that best matches organisational capability with opportunities in domestic and export markets.
- Continue to focus on the chosen portfolio of FMCG, Hotels, Paper, Paperboards & Packaging, Agri Business and Information Technology.
- Benchmark the health of each business comprehensively across the criteria of Market Standing, Profitability and Internal Vitality.
- Ensure that each of its businesses is world class and internationally competitive.
- Enhance the competitive power of the portfolio through synergies derived by blending the diverse skills and capabilities residing in ITC’s various businesses.
- Create distributed leadership within the organisation by nurturing talented and focused top management teams for each of the businesses.
- Continuously strengthen and refine Corporate Governance processes and systems to catalyse the entrepreneurial energies of management by striking the golden balance between executive freedom and the need for effective control and accountability.
The role will require you to:
• Demonstrate and develop deep understanding of multiple sustainability domains – Climate, Energy & Water Risk, Resource Efficiency including Plastic Waste Management, ESG Reporting, etc. through a mix of self-learning, external training, engagement with experts and on-the-job experience.
• Identify the critical material issues for the Business basis the risk, opportunities and trends in the Sustainability domain and advise the Leadership team in suitably incorporating the same in the sustainability roadmap & focus areas.
• Conduct internal sustainability assessments of ITC’s operations, and identify improvement areas with respect to technical and management aspects necessary for achieving ITC’s Sustainability 2.0 goals.
• Work with multiple stakeholders internal as well as external to drive the Sustainability agenda of the Division.
• Develop technical understanding of available methodologies for assessing climate and water security risks across ITC Foods operations and advise the Leadership team on the same.
• Work towards achievement of ITC’s target of implementing Alliance for Water Stewardship (AWS) Standard across the identified sites.
• Keep abreast with latest ESG disclosure requirements, ESG rating organisations and other disclosure frameworks like CDP, DJSI, MSCI, Sustainalytics TCFD, TNFD, BRSR, GRI and IR, and develop appropriate disclosures for the Division in line with such requirements.
• Manage processes for effective monitoring and management of sustainability related data across the Division and its timely submission to the Corporate Sustainability team for relevant disclosures at the Company level.
• Review and drive the sustainability performance of different Units basis the identified KPIs and periodically update the Leadership team on the same so as to help in relevant decision making.
• Keep track of latest developments (regulatory, policy, corporate interventions, technology, etc.) in the sustainability domain and translate the same into actionable insights for ITC Foods.
Desirable competencies and skills:
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability and keenness to decipher broad sustainability trends and draw inferences related to potential impact on ITC’s business by looking at multiple scenarios.
• Willingness to work in a demanding work environment covering multiple areas like technology, policy, business, people management and ambition to grow into a well-rounded professional
• Should have exceptional leadership skills and must be able to spearhead the science-based approach to sustainability aspects across multiple stakeholders within the organization.
• Ability to draft tailor-made sustainability communication material keeping the needs of the intended stakeholder in mind.
• Should be a good learner and willing to innovate and accept new ideas
• Should have a demonstrable personal drive and passion for sustainability
• Strong communication skills, both written as well as spoken English. Proficiency in spoken Hindi will also be desirable.
At least 3-5 years of work experience in manufacturing with exposure to multiple thematic areas in sustainability/sustainable development.
Desired educational background – Engineering/ Economics/ Public Policy/ Environmental Science/ Management from a reputed institution.
- Industry – FMCG/Foods/Beverage
- Business- Foods Business Division
- City – Bangalore North
- State/Province – Karnataka
- Country – India
- Zip/Postal Code – 560005
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship