The National Dairy Development Board’s (NDDB) creation is rooted in the conviction that our nation’s socio-economic progress lies largely on the development of rural India.
The Dairy Board was created to promote, finance and support producer-owned and controlled organisations. NDDB’s programmes and activities seek to strengthen farmer owned institutions and support national policies that are favourable to the growth of such institutions. Fundamental to NDDB’s efforts are cooperative strategies and principles.
NDDB’s efforts transformed India’s rural economy by making dairying a viable and profitable economic activity for millions of milk producers while addressing the country’s need for self-sufficiency in milk production.
NDDB has been reaching out to dairy farmers by implementing other income generating innovative activities and offering them sustainable livelihood.
NDDB offers excellent work environment with considerable freedom for creative and innovative activities and a high level of transparency that provides, professional satisfaction of the highest order, of doing something for a larger cause to ensure and enhance the economic status of millions of our rural population.
The work entrusted to the employees challenge their managerial capabilities, and skills and provide an opportunity to exhibit commitment and dedication and to be creative and proactive to achieve the objectives laid down for a noble mission. Besides this, NDDB provides great learning opportunities to each employee to work in teams of individuals who are highly qualified, competent and committed to the organizational objectives.
Apart from this the culture provides employees with opportunities NDDB sponsors training & development programmes within and outside the country. In effect NDDB’s organizational culture is excellence driven for a noble cause, which no amount of monetary rewards can probably compensate.
NDDB operates in an environment of synchronization of professional objectives of employees with organizational objectives, mutual trust, transparency, openness, fairness, equitability and objectivity. Moreover, as it is a service organization and profit is not its purpose of existence the management and work ethics are of highest possible level. NDDB pursuits to permeate this culture to the entire dairy cooperative sector resulting in synergy and fruitful associations.
National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) is a statutory body corporate and an institution of national importance. The Board promotes, plans and organizes programmes for development of dairy and other agriculture and allied industries and biologicals. NDDB offers an environment that is professional and conducive for creativity and innovation.
NDDB offers excellent work environment with considerable freedom for innovative activities and also provides great learning opportunities to work in teams of individuals who are highly qualified, competent and committedto the organisational objectives.
To assist in research and development activities related to bovine disease diagnosis and control of bovine diseases.
Key roles and Responsibility
Understanding and assistance in the following technical procedure viz.,
- Immuno assays such as ELISA for bovine disease screening – detection of antibodies to or antigents to bovine Infectious agents
- Processing bovine clinical specimens for the detection and/or isolation of infectious organisms.
- Nucleic acid extraction (DNA,RNA) from various specimens and cultures
- Molecular assays – PCR, real – time PCR
- Technical assistance in standardization and validation of new methodologies/ assays.
- Support in documentation and record keeping for the maintenance of quality management systems as per international standards
- Any other scientific, technical and documentation assistance as may be required
Qualification & Experience
M.Sc. (Life Science/ Bio-technology/ Microbiology)
Location – Hyderabad
Other Essential attributes and skills
- Basic understanding of laboratory techniques viz., Bacterial isolation, nucleic acid extraction, molecular biological techniques (PCR, real time PCRs), ELISA
- Good Microbiological practice and procedures
- Basic understanding in biochemistry, calculations for the preparation of buffers and reagents
- Good communication and writing skill
- Competent in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point)
- Candidate should be able to work effectively in a team
- Plan, schedule and execute the work assigned for timely and effective completion
- Should have a strong aptitude for learning and research
- Should be self – motivated, dedicated and hardworking
- should orient self to the organizational goals, requirements and values
This traineeship position is for a period of one year and further extendable for one more year.
No. of Positions: 04
Candidates above 27 years of age as on 01 November 2022 need not apply.
Location: R&D Laboratory, NDDB, Hyderabad
(Last date of receiving updated online application is 19 November 2022).
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship