At Mondelēz International, our purpose is to empower people to snack right through offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. That means delivering a broader range of delicious, high-quality snacks that nourish life’s moments, made with sustainable ingredients and packaging that consumers can feel good about.
We have a rich portfolio of strong brands – both global and local. Including many household names such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. We are proud to hold the number 1 position globally in biscuits, chocolate and candy as well as the No. 2 position in gum
Our 80,000 Makers and Bakers are located in our operations in more than 80 countries and are working to sell our products in over 150 countries around the world. They are energized for growth and critical to us living our purpose and values. We are a diverse community that can make things happen, and happen fast.
Join us and Make It An Opportunity!
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez India Foods Private Limited (formerly Cadbury India Ltd.) has been in India for over 70 years, making sure our mouth-watering and well-loved local and global brands such as Cadbury chocolates, Bournvita and Tang powdered beverages, Oreo and Cadbury Bournvita biscuits, and Halls and Cadbury Choclairs Gold candies get safely into our customers hands—and mouths.
Headquartered in Mumbai, the company has more than 3,300 employees proudly working across sales offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai and in manufacturing facilities at Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh, at our global Research & Development Technical Centre and Global Business Hub in Maharashtra and in a vast distribution network across the country. We are also proud to be recognised by Avatar as the Best Companies for Women in India in 2019 – the fourth time we’ve received this award.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
Working as part of a cross-functional team you lead the RDQ activities required to complete new product development and maintain portfolios and/or productivity projects keeping in mind the goal to deliver the desired consumer experience.
How you will contribute
You will work independently to plan, lead and coordinate technical projects in line with RDQ, marketing and manufacturing requirements You will effectively communicate status and risks and plan, lead and coordinate pilot plant and factory trials in accordance with good manufacturing practice and HACCP requirements. In addition, you will plan, lead and coordinate development activities (e.g. product shelf-life testing, designing for quality, consumer test preparation. etc.). To provide direction for product development, you will use digital simulation models to obtain, understand and interpret consumer insights and commercial information. In this role, you will create and maintain accurate consumer-led specifications and be responsible for stakeholder management and influencing decisions based on conclusions made from analysis and interpretation of results.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Leading RDQ teams and influencing cross-functional teams
- Handling multiple priorities
- Proactively identifying complex technical or business problems and creating and implementing solutions
- Applying technical curiosity and understanding to interpret and analyze data
- Effectively influencing senior-level and cross-functional stakeholders verbally and in writing, including writing technical report conclusions
- Coaching and mentoring others
More about this role
Research and Development is at the hub of our business, creating the innovative new products that will be tomorrow’s leaders, and reinventing our existing ones to keep them at the top. R&D Q’s mission is ultimately to delight consumers by delivering unique product experiences to the consumers, which will over time underpin and anchor our brands. It does so whilst aiming at creating the most value for consumers, customers and shareholders.
The India and SEA Growth chocolate platform team brings technical expertise and connect to business needs within the AMEA region. R&D product renovation and innovation activities are key responsibilities of BU Chocolate team. BU Chocolate team work on technical Innovations , not only within the local purview but also regional and global Innovations with scientific rigour. This team also works on Brand Maintenance and Brand regulations. The role has extended responsibility of technically supporting ISC and cross functional teams on regular basis.
With regards to specifics of the role, the key task is to lead technical and brand partnership on Five star , Premiums and Gifting and seasonals . The role is a strong individual contributor role. The individual will own key accountabilities of Fivestar – across all levels including building future Innovation pipeline calendar.
In addition to above core technical role , the role also is responsible for extended H&W programs across categories as per 4-2-1 program. This role will extend support to exploring new supplier and technologies for future.
Project Ideation and Planning
· Develop the Innovation and renovation ideas for Fivestar, Gifting , Seasonals and other H&W programs , develop prototypes development
· Bench scale and pilot scale development and scale up feasibility analysis . Ideation and development of prototypes and assessing shelf stability and regulations
· Analyse project objectives on regional Scale and develop technical plan to deliver (tasks, timeline, risk management plan, interlinkages)
· Join up with other regions to assess technical feasibility and develop technical roadmap on the R&D initiatives.
· Prepares technical feasibility assessment based on accessing global, external and own technical know-how and supplemented with further research and/or consultation
· Identifies resource needs required to deliver assigned projects
· Independently prepares detailed project plans, including risk matrix, contingency plans and design of experiments
· Does Margin assessment for the developed prototypes and builds a profitable proposition for future growth
Program/Project Leadership & Execution
· Executes multiple projects according to developed project plans
· Identify and remove project hurdles and execute out contingency plans, manage stakeholders and information flow
· Lead and delivers technical program with other functions as well as external resources/partners and ensures plan and resource (material, manpower, etc.) availability to support project objectives
· Collaboration with cross functional team and seeks inputs from other R&DQ colleagues to achieve objectives of R&D tracks.
· Able to apply technical knowledge to various business needs / problem solving.
Product Specification & Regulatory
· Prepares all necessary technical documents & specifications
· Reviews and revises technical specifications to maintain accuracy of specification
· Leads in product assessment against regulations, intellectual property and corporate standards
· Able to call out specific areas of Product and Process success criteria and is able to distinguish between and Core and Flex.
Organisation Excellence & Development
· Seek to improve self and team’s technical depth
· Project management and leading through clear accountability of RDQI in the program
· Lead the adaptation of new and existing technologies to increase team’s technical capabilities
· Contributes to a create a successful and collaborative team environment
Education / Certifications: B Tech Food Science / Engineering/ Technology with 8-12 years of years of experience in a Food industry
Within Country Relocation support available and for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
🖥️ Level 1 training
🖥️ Level 3 – Internal Auditor training
🖥️ FSSAI FOSTAC training
🖥️ Internship program