WE EXIST TO MAKE FOOD THE WORLD LOVES, BUT WE DO MORE THAN THAT
General Mills is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best—bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one another and grow together. We bring together remarkable people, bonded over our love of food—people who are hungry for what’s next.
India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
As the Sr Scientist I in ITQ, you will be responsible for the execution of Technology focus areas/initiatives in service of business needs. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the ITQ function by leveraging your strong technical accumen, influencing skills, connected innovation abilities and project management expertise to support cost optimization, brand / business growth and delivering food quality and safety.
Scientist responsible for leading technology development projects either independently or working with 1-3 team members. The typical R&D project portfolio includes project related to developing advantaged ingredients, efficient processes, novel analytical methods, nutrition improvement and foundational science programmers. This role will actively collaborate with cross functional teams, General Mills world-wide technical experts and external collaborators to deliver R&D projects assigned to you / team.
The candidate for this role will leverage strong innovation, project leadership, and technical problem-solving skills, to create long-and-short term strategy, technology project pipeline in sync with business objectives, and execution strategy for technology development projects. The candidate will be responsible for developing technical solves which involves outlining problem definitions, technical strategy and plans, experimentation, and data analysis.
The projects you manage in this role will provide you with technical depth and breadth, as well as cross-functional and cross platform. In this role you will have the opportunity to develop the ability to influence across organizations, advance technical possibilities, and develop leadership skills as a subject matter expert with a business team.
KEY CAREER EXPERIENCES GAINED:
Typically, following experiences are commonly gained in this type of ITQ role:
- Functional:Technology Development, Experimentation, Total Product Experience, Commercialization
- Leadership:Matrix Relationship Management, Cross-Functional Team Leadership
- Broadening:Multi-Functional, Multi-Business, Corporate, Transformation Initiative, External Collaboration
- Provide technology development leadership for ITQ
- Support the development of a 5+ year Technology roadmap to enable technology project pipeline through collaboration with business teams and Operations partners
- Work with cross functional teams or project sponsors in developing project scope and criteria, defining the technical problem, and understanding past learning’s.
- Plan and carry out specific experiments to generate product and technology solutions choices.
- Validate and recommend feasible solutions, meeting criteria, to project sponsors
- Communicate progress of projects to all stakeholders on a periodic basis
- Collaborate with other GMI scientists and external partners.
- Actively contribute to share knowledge and build technical skills for self / team
- Participating and contributing to R&D Communities of Practice
- Supervision responsibilities for scientists / technical / lab assistants
- Addressing issues of safety and quality in laboratory
- Continuously improving lab processes (RM inventory, equipment maintenance etc)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Food Science, Packaging or related field
- 5+ years of experience in product development or an applied science
- Proven ability to deliver executional excellence, facilitate cultural learning, and develop technical and scientific rigor
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional and external environment and provide key product guidance
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to multiple situations
- Ph.D. in Food Science degree
- Demonstrated ability to lead technically driven projects
- Strong experience and technical background in food
- Innovative thinker, creative, willing to challenge established methods and beliefs
- Self-starter with a strong bias for action, as well as skills for problem-solving and troubleshooting
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
Join HACCP Training programs
👉HACCP Level 1
👉HACCP Level 3 (Internal auditor)