Make an Impact at PepsiCo
Working at PepsiCo is more than a job, it’s an opportunity to build a meaningful career. It means a chance to help shape the future of some of the world’s best-known brands. To grow personally and professionally. To be part of a progressive company that’s transforming into a global digital leader. And with every project, brand and initiative that you are part of, you’ll be doing good for the planet and for our communities.
Our culture offers an environment where you can bring your whole self to work, voice your opinions fearlessly and feel supported in the process. We celebrate diversity, reward entrepreneurial spirit and give you the freedom to help shape the future. And we stand for what’s right. Always.
At PepsiCo, you get the best of both worlds: an entrepreneur’s mindset plus reach and resources. Our collaborative culture and worldwide presence generate a stream of new opportunities to define the future and propel your life’s work. Bring your unique perspective. Bring curiosity. Bring ingenuity, and drive. We’ll give you a platform to be daring on a global scale.
Go just about anywhere, and you’ll find us. We’re on every continent, infused in the daily lives of billions. At PepsiCo, you’ll be at the center of excitement, shaping global trends like nowhere else. This is where business connects with culture. We work with artists, musicians, entertainers and influencers to create the future of consumer experiences. Let’s work together and make ideas that ripple in every corner of the world.
Location – Howrah, WB, India
Main Purpose – what is the main objective/purpose of the role? (Max 2-3 lines summarizing the role)
- Ensuring shifts KPIs such as WIP/ Leakages/ Zero red complain
- Ensuring best quality of product and minimum customer complaints through stringent on-line quality control checks and finished product inspection
- Implementing right quality control systems/standards for the processes, physical systems and environment.
- Trouble shooting during online production to minimize wastage and ensure quality.
- Responsible for maintaining GMP, GHK GLP and internal / external audits (HACCP, AIB, Personal Hygiene, Process audit).
- Root cause and failure analysis for quality defects and implementation of the corrective actions.
Accountability– list in priority order the main accountabilities/deliverables of the role, including key measures. These should be clearly the responsibilities of the JOB HOLDER).
- Ensuring that the quality of potatoes issued for production is as per the standard specifications
- Conducting online quality checks in the process area to ensure that all Pepsico standards of quality are followed during the production process in shifts .
- Conducting online quality checks and finished products’ inspection in the packaging area to ensure compliance with Frito Lay standards of quality
- Monitoring machines in the process and packaging area specifically for their effect on quality and ensuring minimum waste due to machine related factors
- Conducting a weekly housekeeping audit to ensure implementation of safety and hygiene practices
- Inspecting the process and packaging area to ensure that the working conditions like lighting, placement of material on the shop floor are as per standard requirements and that there are no unsafe conditions in the plant
- Ensuring that the equipment have been cleaned properly on the previous Saturday
- Conducting visual inspection to ensure that all the hold material of the previous week is cleared
- Ensuring that pest control is done regularly in the plant
- Getting non-compliances rectified before start-up
- Handling the hold material for minimizing wastages
- Ensuring that the hold material is cleared within 48 hours of hold-up
- Submitting a weekly and monthly report to the quality manager regarding the details of the hold material, reasons for the hold-up
- Awarding Red, White and Yellow Non-Compliance Disposition (NCD) Tags to the hold material after detailed analysis
- Reporting the status of the tags to the production department stating the reasons for hold-up
- Ensuring adherence to statutory laws (Weights and Measures & PFA )
- Effective resolution of customer complaints-:RCA &CAPA implimentation
- Participating in TPM activities for increased involvement in the functioning of the plant
- Leading/ participating in TPM for various projects undertaken by them.
- Practicing a work culture that promotes company growth
- Implementing change initiatives and continuous improvement in own department and plant
- Documenting all quality procedures, systems, standards, findings, hazards and corrective actions
Key Skills/Experience Required –
- Exposure to food safety systems and ISO systems -Minimum 3 yrs exposure to Food industries preferably handling shifts.
- Preferably Knowledge of FSSAI /HACCP/AIB and TPM.
- Working knowledge on MS excel, MS word.
- B.Tech ( Food Tech)/B Sc food science
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular