Our spirits are exquisitely crafted with long tradition and great pride. And, as a 7th generation family company, our business has always been about more than liquids or bottles.
For more than 160 years, we’ve been proud to be a catalyst for connection. We believe our purpose is to spark real-life rituals to bring people together for key moments in celebration, conversation and contemplation. Be it over a celebratory toast, a reunion of old friends, an impromptu post-work aperitif, an occasional big night out, or an epic gathering of communities bound by film, music, art or sports.
Meeting with friends new and old isn’t trivial, it’s essential for our wellbeing and plays a vital role in a well-lived and well-balanced life. We craft our exquisite spirits as a centerpiece of these real-life moments.
We encourage people to connect over one carefully crafted, exquisite drink at a time – savouring each sip, responsibly.
We put the consumer and their experiences at the heart of our aspiration for the future.
We recognize that delivering sustainable success, year after year, depends on us building brands that are loved by consumers.
And we’ve set a high bar, we don’t just build brands, we build iconic brands – the ultimate classic, long-lasting brands that people remember and that transcend categories.
This means doing the right thing for our consumers and our brands for the long term
Our passion for crafting the finest spirits and our determination to disrupt the industry have taken us on an amazing journey.
We’re more than rum. Today, we have a world-class portfolio of more than 200 brands and labels, including BACARDÍ® rum, GREY GOOSE® vodka, BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® gin, MARTINI® vermouths and sparkling wines, DEWAR’S® Scotch whisky, and PATRÓN® tequila.
Each brand has a unique personality and we’re known just as much for how we bring these to life, through unforgettable marketing, attractions and experiences, as we are for their incredible taste.
Function: Operations – Supply Chain – Logistics – Procurement
About the role
Deliver outstanding customer value through the production of premium high and low proof products and services at competitive costs to our global markets.
You will be accountable for the management of the SQS function comprising of a multi- disciplined team of SQS professionals delivering best practice, standards, policies, trainings and systems throughout the site in Nanjangud (Mysore, India) and the ThirdParty Manufacturers within the scope of the AMEA and NAPAC region.
As a member of the regional management team, you will influence the region’s development, enabling the all the sites in its scope to deliver leading edge industry performance.
With our Consumer at the heart, your key focus will be to:
- Lead, develop and execute strategies and plans that will transform and continually improve SQS performance in alignment to industry leading performance
- In collaboration with the core Global SQS team and local Operations Centre management team provide the leadership, tools, trainings and systems that will foster a strong SQS culture
- Lead the maintenance and development of the SQS management systems
- Ensure compliance to Regulatory requirements and Global Bacardi standards across the operations
- Provide outstanding support to Operations regional VP in all areas of SQS
- Represent the company in relevant industry bodies
Strategic Planning: Develop and Deliver SQS strategy in alignment with Regional and Global Team
- Develop and deploy strategic 3 years SQS Plan engaging with key local and global stakeholders to deliver leading edge industry performance across SQS metrics to position the Operations Centre at a competitive advantage in the markets
- Identify, deploy external / internal benchmark plans that will deliver best practice and provide competitive advantage
- Ensure that the local SQS programmes are aligned with Global SQS strategies and improvement programmes
- Develop and own the 3 years CAPEX plan for SQS
- Develop annual budget plans ensuring they are aligned and implemented in accordance with the overall business strategy.
Flawless Execution of SQS Operations Plan, providing the insight and governance to challenge performance with a lean & continuous improvement mindset
- Lead Safety programmes across all the Bacardi operations fostering a safety culture and delivering industry leading performance
- Ensure that the Operation’s Regional activities comply with Safety and Environment legislation and Bacardi Safety, Sustainability and Security policies and codes of practice
- Lead Quality improvement programs to ensure full respect of the requirements defined by the Global Quality Manual
- Ensure compliance to certification standards ISO14001, ISO9001 and ISO 45001, and HACCP principles for bottling sites
- Deliver environmental programmes that will deliver industry leading performance in greenhouse gas emissions, water consumption and waste management
- Support the creation and maintenance of Business continuity plan aligned to Global and local requirements
- Ensure processes are in place for best practice sharing and knowledge management across the Operations sites in relation to all areas of SQS
- Embed the Supplier Integration Programme across the supply base including Co-packers to deliver industry leading performance to Bacardi
- Ensure Bacardi Design for Excellence is supporting and strengthening the outstanding value of our premium and luxury brands in the markets
- Deliver operational quality improvements to support OEE and OFR targets
- Support new product introductions ensuring compliance to Global SQS product standards
People Leadership: Provide outstanding leadership that will foster values-based performance culture through the development of skills and leadership capabilities of your people in alignment with our BEST10
- Develop an operation that demonstrates world-class SQS capability through continuous development of training standards, training programmes and competencies of our people
- Incorporate SQS training, standards, and competencies into training plans of our Primos
- Coach and mentor direct reports providing developmental support to grow the performance and potential of the individual
- Foster continuous development through implementation of development plans that will strengthen the capability of the team to deliver competitive advantage
- Develop talent pipeline aligned to our business requirements
- Foster a team environment where high performance is driven by our cultural pillars
- Drive sustained improvements in Primo engagement and enablement as measured through our Primo engagement survey
- In collaboration with HR Business Partner deploy HR policies and procedures across SQS function
Skills and Experience
The Skills & Experience needed to create your legacy
- 10 years of leadership experience in SQS function within a Global FMCG Operation
- Outstanding communicator at all levels ideally within Global Matrix Organization
- Demonstrated success implementing and leading organizational change
- Leadership experience in deployment of advanced SQS strategies
- Qualifications Degree qualified in Business/Operations, Chemistry or Engineering
- In-depth Knowledge of leading edge SQS methodologies, with the ability to align / engage the Operations Centre management team to deploy best practice
- Belonging: You have a strong capacity to create a culture of ‘Belonging’, where people feel appreciated for who they are, what they do, and who they can become. You’re an authentic leader who acts with purpose and has an approachable, empathetic, open communication style. Embrace multicultural environment with diverse ways of working
- Mental Agility: You can think critically to penetrate complex problems and expand the possibilities by making fresh connections. You think strategically whilst being execution focused and bring creativity to the challenges you’re presented with. You will have an attitude of constant learning and improving. Inquisitiveness/ curiosity around new media, digital, technology and social trends and possessing an attitude to experiment or innovate in these areas.
- People Agility: You bring a deep ability to understand and relate to people and navigate through tough situations to harness and multiply collective performance. You create strong positive first impressions and build those into great relationships.
- Self-Awareness: You have high levels of self-awareness, are reflective and know yourself well, understanding both your own strengths and weaknesses and your impact on others.
- Results Agility: You demonstrate consistent delivery of results in first-time situations by inspiring teams, exhibiting a presence that builds confidence in yourself and others. You operate at pace, can multi-skill effectively and are at ease in leading projects. You will be highly performance driven, commercially and financially astute.
- Change Agility: You have a deep natural curiosity, desire to experiment and ability to effectively deal with the heat of change. You have a growth and learning mindset: ready to test, stumble, learn and apply from experience. Highly comfortable with change and ambiguity.
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars – Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it’s our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.
Disclaimer: Bacardi is an equal opportunity employer that values workforce diversity. Diversity is core to our business: by embedding diversity into all aspects of our culture, we maximize the opportunity to achieve sustainable business success and growth. The duties and responsibilities described in the role profile might not be a comprehensive list.