PepsiCo India: Leadership through Winning with Purpose
PepsiCo entered India in 1989 and has grown to become one of the largest MNC food and beverage businesses in India. PepsiCo India’s diverse portfolio includes iconic brands like Pepsi, Lay’s, Kurkure, Tropicana 100%, Gatorade and Quaker. Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders.
Model partnership with over 24,000 farmers:
PepsiCo India has pioneered and established a model of partnership with farmers and now works with over 24,000 happy farmers across nine states. More than 45 percent of these are small and marginal farmers with a land holding of one acre or less.
PepsiCo provides 360-degree support to the farmer through assured buy back of their produce at pre-agreed prices, quality seeds, extension services, disease control packages, bank loans, weather insurance, and the latest technological practices. The association with PepsiCo India has not only raised the incomes of small and marginal farmers, but also their social standing.
In 2009, PepsiCo India achieved a significant milestone, by becoming the first business to achieve ‘Positive Water Balance’ in the beverage world, and has been Water Positive since then. In 2015, PepsiCo India saved 12.75 billion litres more that it consumed in its manufacturing operations. The company made this possible through innovative irrigation practices like direct seeding, community water recharging initiatives, and by reducing the consumption of water in its manufacturing facilities.
PepsiCo is lauded for its efforts for water conservation and has received numerous awards such as CII National award for water management and Water Digest award for water practices amongst others.
Role And Accountabilities
- Lead appropriate product development lab work, including timely development of bench-top prototypes, implementation and maintenance of stability testing, and support scale-ups for commercialization under Grains (Hot Meals) platform
- Co lead the back end grains supply chain to successfully meet processing challenges and ensuring sustainable and consistent pulp/juice quality
- Lead the flavour development program for R&D Hot Creals with appropriate learning’s in Flavour tools and techniques to ensure quality, speed and cost of flavour work with Flavour partners
- Accountable for monitoring quality in market and supporting development to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with Nutrition Science and Regulatory functions and accurately implement guardrails and targets in advance of project delivery . Display advanced level of understanding in these areas
- Collaborate with International and local experts / Institutions on Grains (Grains) harvesting , milling, quality challenges , best practices and document/share New Technology and techniques on Oat Milling and leads implementation of best practices developed elsewhere
- Employ experimental design and statistical processes to provide robust formulation support by conceptualizing and preparing laboratory/pilot/plant scale protypes adequately iterating on product attributes basis analytical and sensory evaluation
- Rigorously implementing basic Project management tools in all areas of product development work. (TSG, accolade, FSS etc)
- Integrate Consumer test results with key product deliverables and provide technical guidance and bench development for targeted development initiatives
- Ensure accurate processes for preparation , sampling and codification for analytical and sensory evaluations and interpretation of results
- Ensure clear work prioritisation and action plans for self basis changing business strategies and establish responsibilities for cross functional support areas and monitor progress.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal , including documenting work/ programs accurately and timely into appropriate formats ( eg. laboratory notebooks)
- Utilization of interpersonal skills to work effectively within teams and cross-functions including International PD teams.
Key Skills/Experience Required
Experience and Qualification
- MS in a Food Science & Technology or related scientific field with > 6 years experience
- A proven track record in product development preferably in Grains (Oats)
Knowledge & Experience
- Advanced knowledge of formulation development techniques including design of experiments and statistical applications
- Leverage understanding of key business drivers, technical nuances in own area to get results.
- Develop agenda for projects activities and drive execution.
- Translate stratergies into plans that can be effectively executed.
- Knowledge about Juice drinks / Other fruits processing and agro challenges.
- Experience of working in FMCG sector essential with advanced knowledge of food science , process technology and understanding of nutrition and regulations
- Creative ability and ability to provide thought leadership on tactical aspects of projects
- Outstanding team working and excellent communication skills
- Ability to accurately analyze and communicate implications of experimental results
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship