Sensient’s innovative technologies create fresh, unique solutions tailored to meet the needs of today’s educated consumers. Our name communicates what we do: Enhance SENSory experiences through specialized ingredIENTs, delivered through proprietary TECHNOLOGIES.
Sensient Technologies Corporation has facilities around the world that produce a broad range of innovative products for many of the world’s best-known consumer and industrial companies. We provide customized food and beverage systems, pharmaceutical colors and coatings, cosmetic and personal care formulations, specialty inks and colors, and other fine chemicals.
Sensient Technologies Corporation: Over 130 years of industry leadership.
We began in 1882 as Meadow Springs Distillery, a maker of whiskey and gin. In 1919, Prohibition threatened the company’s existence. Fortunately, Meadow Springs already had created a business selling yeast; it was packaging the product under the brand Red Star Yeast. Accordingly, the distillery changed its name to Red Star Yeast & Products Company.
During the 1960s, Red Star Yeast evolved from a single-product line producer to a highly diversified food company and changed its name to Universal Foods to emphasize its planned growth in operations. Universal Foods became a member of the New York Stock Exchange. However, as a producer of commodity products, including yeast, frozen potatoes and bulk cheese, Universal Foods had limited growth opportunities.
Over the next several decades, the company divested its commodity segments while also acquiring dozens of companies, all of which had strategic products and innovative solutions. This was a major transformation that launched the organization to its current structure and strategy.
In 2000, Universal Foods changed its name to Sensient Technologies to reflect its expanded focus. It sold Red Star Yeast in 2001 as part of a strategy to divest itself of unprofitable commodity businesses.
Today, we are a transformed company.
Sensient is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and other specialty ingredients. Our global operations allow us to serve customers in more than 150 nations with annual revenues surpassing $1.3 billion.
Sensient continues to serve the food and beverage industries as a leading supplier of advanced technologies that help our customers bring natural and artificial flavors and colors to their products. Our broad segments include:
- Food and Beverage Flavors
- Food and Beverage Colors
- Cosmetic Ingredients
- Pharmaceutical Excipients
Sensient is a leader in the art and technology of flavors, colors, bionutrients, natural ingredients and more. We are looking for team members whose passion for excellence matches our own.
We strongly value science and seek out highly trained and skilled candidates to join our team. Do what you love and enjoy opportunities to grow.
- Job Identification 2515
- Job Category Research and Development
- Posting Date 12/09/2022, 18:57
- Job Schedule Full time
- Job Shift Day
Locations – Plot No – R3, Mumbai, MH, 400701, IN
- You will be a team leader and responsible food application & development in savoury applications. You are a technical expert & possess hands-on experience in development of savoury snacks seasonings, mayonnaise, soups, Indian ethnic snacks, extruded snacks etc.
- You will coordinate with Tech. Director / Flavourist and other App. Techs, assist the team in NPD & Innovations for delivering solutions for the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work on new product ideas and customer requirements and come up with creative alternatives.
- Reports on how new product ideas could be used organizationally.
- Steering innovations
- Complete complex tasks in a timely manner to support business objectives.
- Support sales on technical aspects for a successful project closure and wins
- Proactive development
- Should be willing to interact with customer for timely resolution of problem
- Travel for production line trials
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in general science or food science or equivalent education.
- Min 5 years of experience or a Master’s degree and relevant experience.
- Product and process development experience.
- Analytical instrument knowledge; product, processing and testing knowledge, including the ability to understand and explain results.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to develop and understand cost for a project.
- Excellent communication skills.
Working Environment / Physical Demands:
- Work is in a professional office and laboratory environment.
- Periodical exposure to manufacturing plant conditions.
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship