Who We Are
We are a Bangalore based health-food Start-up. We are one of the most recognized health-food brands in the country. We are purpose-driven and on a mission to make the country eat healthier.
We believe in honest food labels and balanced nutrition. We take the harder route and make our products tasty without loading them up with junk ingredients. We do it because we all truly believe in our mission.
The company is founded by sisters Anindita and Suhasini Sampath (LBS, Wharton, IIM-C, and BITS Pilani). Yogabars has been nominated as one of the top women-led Indian startups by various publications. We are venture-capital funded and our investors include SAIF Partners and Fireside ventures. We also have several distinguished industry leaders as investors and active members of our board.
ITC has recently announced a strategic acquisition in the company. It will initially acquire a 40 % stake in Sproutlife Foods (parent company of yoga bar), and complete the acquisition in tranches, by March 2026
What we offer:
- We have an aggressive, fast-paced, and mission oriented culture
- We promise significant autonomy and room for experimenting
- Our culture is centered on respect, innovation & growth
- We offer the same (if not better) perks that everyone else offers
- We advise that you judge the authenticity of such claims with a pinch of low-sodium Himalayan Pink Salt
- Also, lots of free yummy food. That your doctor, nutritionist, and mum would approve of
Duties & Responsibilities of R&D Head shall consist of but, not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for Development & Final go ahead of any new product recipes or formulas & processes in cooperation with all departments, conveying necessary information to all parties involved
- Managing NPI project deliveries & effectively coordinating and communicating with the Marketing & Sales, Administration and Operations departments
- Work with all the cross functional teams towards substitution of ingredients with better quality at lower costs
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining Product Specifications / BOM structure and RM Specifications
- Maintain a thorough technical knowledge of all Government Regulations pertaining to ingredients, process, and labeling
- Regularly reviews company and competition products to determine if any ingredient changes are necessary to maintain or increase our market share
- Prepare for and represent the Company during all internal and external audits
- Responsible for the technical support to all functions of new and ongoing business.
- Masters/ Bachelor degree or higher degree in Food technology – Prefer candidate with Master degree
- 8-10 years’ work experience in the Research & Development Department in Foods FMCG
- Experience in developing new products from scratch which have won in the market
- Experience in creating & managing intellectual property
- Strong at People Management, Project management, Problem Solving
- Good command in English, Computer
- Experience in Extrusion, RTE Cereal Breakfasts, Bakery, Confectionary,RTM Powder Premixes.
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)