Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated $86 billion in net revenue in 2022, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes Lay’s, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker, and SodaStream. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
pep+ aims to inspire positive change for the planet and its people. We’re looking at our business end to end and setting sustainability goals that include addressing water scarcity, sourcing crops and ingredients that are better for the earth, and strengthening the global workforce, including our own, by providing meaningful jobs and opportunities while working to advance human rights and diversity, equity and inclusion.
We’re accelerating our digital transformation and investing in talent development in a big way. For example, we’re establishing a network of Digital Hubs around the world. These centralized locations will help us strengthen our digital capabilities, attract top tech talent and drive innovation. If you’re ready to disrupt the CPG industry and make your mark, we’ve got the reach and resources to make it happen.
Our mission to create more smiles with every sip and every bite can only be truly realized in a world where equal opportunity, equity and inclusion are championed. We have set ambitious goals to increase diversity within our leadership, and we’ve also pledged to achieve gender parity in management roles by 2025.
📍Location – Gandipet Mandal / Hyderabad, India
This role will assist the Specifications Management teams located in Mexico Business Services (MBS) or Hyderabad Business Services (HBS) to ensure exceptional service is provided in support of R&D Spec Management globally.
This role will apply technical expertise and coordinate with in-market and GBS employees, as well as external resources when required, to develop clear and concise Formula, Ingredient and/or Packaging specifications, maintain existing specs and supplier relationships, and manage tracking and uploading into relevant systems.
- Leverage internal and external resources to develop or update existing ingredient and/or packaging specifications that are clear, concise, and accurate from spec readiness to supplier commercial qualification approval
- Learn, understand, and uphold Ingredient, Supplier, Third Party, Formula, and/or Beverage/Food Packaging Standards
- Maintain and foster relationships with in-market R&D spec teams, other spec GBS teams, and external suppliers
- Interact with and provide support to all disciplines to ensure complete and accurate specification. These stakeholders could include some or all of the following: Product Development (PD), Food Safety (FS), Regulatory Affairs (RA), Quality Assurance (QA), Procurement, Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA)
- Manage Supplier relationships and serve as point of contact to gather information/data needed to build specifications; complete timely follow-ups to keep the process moving to completion
- Collect supplier questionnaire and manage supplier alignment on spec details
- For certain Specifications (eg. Foods & Beverages) initiate material testing requests and validate specification quality parameters
- Maintain and update existing specs to ensure compliance with standards
- Upload all paperwork (re. Supplier Specs) and materials qualifications into the appropriate system (Product Vision / SAP) and track workflow
- For Packaging Specifications only: schedule and conduct Individual Component Specification (ICS) reviews, update documents, and manage supplier approval prior to internal review
- Ensure all requests are processed, documented, and delivered within defined SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Respond and escalate emerging business critical issues to avoid material supply shortages, outages and production delays
- Identify potential areas for process improvements to make recommendations to R&D GBS Leadership for continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Food Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or equivalent relevant experience required.
- 1-2 years of experience on Regulatory, QA/QC, Food Analytical experience or other Food related FMCG in a technical role
- Ability to interpret technical information, escalate issues and seek alignment towards workable solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to rapidly learn computer applications/programs & navigate systems
- For Formula and Ingredient Specifications: basic understanding of Food Safety, Microbiology and Regulatory Affairs
- Collaborative skills and strong interest in working with others across time zones; Ability to build relationships and work closely with both internal and external partners
- Good communication skills – oral and written (e.g. communication on telephone, external and internal to PepsiCo, managing with other support group functions, etc.)
- Ability to manage time effectively across multiple priorities and projects requiring a high degree of organizational and communication skills to ensure requests are delivered in a timely manner
- Exceptional data organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated & demonstrated ability to take initiative on projects
- Fluent in English (HBS)
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)