Life at Cargill
At Cargill, everything begins with our purpose to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Customers choose us for our world of expertise, delivered locally, quickly and reliably in a way that creates value together for them and us. Every day, we connect customers and suppliers to the world by developing personal relationships and setting the standard high on the way we work. When you join our team, you’ll discover that our diverse businesses and products span a wide range of industries, geographies and disciplines. No matter what you want to accomplish, at Cargill, you’re empowered to be your best. Join us to make connections, achieve your higher purpose and create a meaningful, global impact.
The way we succeed is just as important as success itself. We approach business with a sense of respect and responsibility. Our purpose, vision, values and leadership expectations influence and inspire how we tackle everyday challenges … and create lasting, global impact.
See how our employees around the world have come together to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way.
Our Purpose and Vision
- Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way
- Our vision is to be the most trusted partner in agriculture, food and nutrition
We are successful when employees choose us, customers prefer us, communities welcome us and owners earn an attractive return.
- Do the Right Thing
- Put People First
- Reach Higher
- Job ID 222656
- Date posted Aug/09/2022
- Location : Davangere, India
Job Purpose and Impact
The Quality Chemist will handle the fulfillment of customer samples. In this role, you will be encouraged to provide samples, uphold packaging expectations, provide product related documentation and communicate the status of sample requests and delivery date expectations.
- Analytical testing, small batch blending, entering data into databases in support of the quality management and operational teams.
- Support trials and experiments under the direction of more senior team members.
- Perform calibration checks, preventative maintenance tasks and simple repair to analytical instrumentation.
- Assists in checking and monitoring analytical instrumentation performance.
- Maintain the food safety management system, micro preparation and cleaning of lab areas.
- Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Associates degree in Chemistry, Food Science, or related field
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willing and able to train to operate a forklift
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Minimum of one year experience working within a laboratory or food manufacturing environment
- Good analytical skills and troubleshooting
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online & Offline both available)