India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
WHAT WE HOLD TRUE
General Mills continues to move ahead by looking forward. Our insatiable curiosity leads us to new solutions and ever-stronger brands along the way. Inspired by the past and energized by the future, we remain more determined than ever to make a positive impact.
BENEFITS & SUPPORT
Our people show their commitment to General Mills in lots of meaningful ways. We commit to provide a foundation of support focused on your wellbeing. As you grow in your career and personal life, we’re with you every step of the way. Providing the holistic support you need when you need it.
A FORCE FOR GOOD
You see the pressures on our planet, communities and people. We are leading with our actions to sustain our planet, regenerate the natural systems upon which we all depend and foster and feed communities. We push ourselves and our partners to do what’s right, always. Your spirit and actions can help us progress and capture the opportunities in the years ahead.
A DAY AT THE TABLE
Whether you join us in an office, a warehouse or a manufacturing plant, you’ll be in a setting where people come first. One where you’ll have the space, support and safety for creative sparks and growing a career. And though we’re among the best in the business, we’re not all business. Each location has a personality of its own. We support each other through challenges, celebrate the wins and enjoy each day.
- Location – Powai, Mumbai, India
- Career Area – Research & Development
The ITQ Coordinator supports the Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition (BIHN) team within ITQ and enables health, nutrition, and wellness strategy execution. General accountabilities are to provide health & nutrition science, regulatory and communications support for the EUAU business. Primary focus areas include support to key decision makers through data assessment, analysis, and competitive research, and systems support to advance organizational nutrition regional and global strategies.
- Deliver accurate, pertinent data analysis and assessment:
- Engage with key internal stakeholders to collect, evaluate, and interpret data and nutrition information to determine the competitive landscape, identify nutrition trends over time, compare GMI products to established rating systems, guide product renovation strategies, portfolio assessments against external criteria and support responses to proposed regulations.
- Manage EUAU nutrition and ingredient database, including regular data quality checks, inputting of manual data as required e.g., ingredient information, integration of any evolutions to external systems and/or proposed regulations e.g., new front of pack system or new reformulation criteria with guidance from Nutrition Team
- Prepare regular customised output reports with tailored top-line summaries for internal e.g., brand/ portfolio health check, FOP status and external purposes e.g., external fibre commitments, salt reporting
- Assist with developing and then maintenance of a consistent reporting approach and output format for product and portfolio evaluations
- When applicable, develop interactive tools that could be used to assist with the evaluation of GMI products vs. varying standards/criteria.
- Support global health and nutrition communications:
- Assist in the tracking and reporting re: the nutrition profile of GMI products vs. our own internal criteria for the purposes of generating compelling messages for internal and external communications.
- Assist with the development of nutrition resources and message development such as information sheets and infographics to be used both internally and externally.
- Assist with the execution of health influencer events and conference planning and logistics.
- Help identify key health influencers within a specified region.
- Assist with regular benchmarking external Health & Nutrition Strategies and communications.
- Assist with technical support to external communications e.g., webinars, social media, internal communications (Nutrition Calendar messages on internal messaging systems) etc.
- Provide systems/document management support to our global team:
- Support applicable internal SharePoint sites by preparing documents for upload, overseeing document review cycle, and providing technical support to maintain site functionality.
- Assist with survey results, and stakeholder experiences to continuously improve Nutrition SharePoint
- Assist with maintenance and organization of information as needed by partners.
- Assist with budget tracking and navigation of GMI systems to facilitate payments to vendors.
- Help with agreement/contract set up and management.
- Provide technical support for preparation of PowerPoint presentations.
Skills & Experience
- Strong orientation to detail
- Must be flexible and able to confidently manage and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable delivering on objectives as part of a global, virtual team
- Able to comprehend technical information and then to synthesize/ interpret to provide business relevant insights
- Ability to organize information and, when applicable, convert information into impactful visualizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of working independently and productively in an open work environment
- Anticipate problems, identify causes and act independently or partner cross-functionally to resolve them
- Solution orientated, looks towards identifying efficiencies, improved processes, or tools
- Collaborative, flexible work style with shared accountabilities
- Fluent with MS-Office applications, particularly Excel, and including PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Outlook, OneNote, and Communicator
- Experience using web search or Social Media tools, such as Twitter, LinkedIn and other networks
- Business Objects skills are a plus.
- On-the-job training is provided for proprietary applications and tools
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Food Science, or related field; data management experience
- Desirable: Food Industry or Labeling/Claims experience
- English language skills
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.