At Mondelēz International, our purpose is to empower people to snack right through offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. That means delivering a broader range of delicious, high-quality snacks that nourish life’s moments, made with sustainable ingredients and packaging that consumers can feel good about.
We have a rich portfolio of strong brands – both global and local. Including many household names such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. We are proud to hold the number 1 position globally in biscuits, chocolate and candy as well as the No. 2 position in gum
Our 80,000 Makers and Bakers are located in our operations in more than 80 countries and are working to sell our products in over 150 countries around the world. They are energized for growth and critical to us living our purpose and values. We are a diverse community that can make things happen, and happen fast.
Join us and Make It An Opportunity!
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
You are an externally recognized technical expert in process development and process engineering. You identify, define and solve complex business problems by applying your broad technical and consumer knowledge and in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes. This is a leadership role and you are a senior process technical resource for the organization, interacting regularly with senior management across functions
How you will contribute
You will lead enterprise-wide teams to define, develop, optimize, specify and deploy processes that deliver consumer benefit through new products, quality improvements and cost saving initiatives. In this role, you will support development and launches of technology platforms, novel technical approaches, project plans, risk assessments, deliverables and timelines for solutions on time and on budget, create new programs/platforms linked to business objectives and clearly communicate status updates to stakeholders. You will keep up to date in your area of expertise through continued education, define and share best practices, influence the technical direction required to meet business objectives and coach, mentor and identify the next generation of high-potential technical leaders.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Executing bench top, pilot scale, and plant scale process development activities and in plant commercialization
- Project management with an action orientation, handling multiple complex projects, prioritizing, and managing budgets, risk and timelines
- Manufacturing operations and process engineering
- Thinking and working globally, evolving business-relevant process technology expertise, looking externally for new ideas and solutions and representing the business at external technical forums and presenting at external conferences
- Processing, demonstrating an understanding of statistical, modeling and simulation tools
- Leading technical teams and junior talent to deliver process innovations and renovations including the ability to line manage a team and able to coach and mentor others and develop/lead technical training across functions
- Influencing the technical direction of the business using organizational awareness and clear communication
- Defining and driving technical best practices and tools, ensure that foundational skills/capabilities keep pace with technology advancements
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE / FUNCTIONAL CONTEXT:
Research and Development is at the hub of our business to accelerate consumer-centric growth and translate the Mondelez vision of ‘SNACKING MADE RIGHT’ by designing the products and processes that ultimately delight our consumers by delivering the right snacks made the right way for the right occasions.
This position is for an experienced professional who can provide technical leadership to build and nurture an agile, consumer-centric, digital-first organization while driving world-class innovation.
The primary focus of the role is to,
- Set a broad, future-focused enterprise-wide agenda for process development
- Identify and build the technical capabilities needed in Chocolate R&D and across MDLZ businesses, now and for the future, by building and presenting the business case for investment
- Engage with the wider business to deliver strategically important technical needs to drive business growth in an agile manner
- Drive idea generation, engagement, foresight and alignment on new discovery platforms related to future business needs
- Build partnerships with world-class technical partner organizations to deliver critical business and technology needs
- Partner with R&D extended leadership team members to ensure organizational health and capability development across specific technology areas (including coaching & mentoring future leaders)
Drive the training and coaching of future technical leaders. This is an individual contributor role but requires a high degree of collaboration within and outside of R&D function. So an ideal candidate should have a high degree of change and cultural agility along with strong communication skills.
- Review and highlight the strategically important technical needs (with a specific focus on the Manufacturing Process/ Automated Process Control) and capabilities to drive business growth. Engage with the wider business to build agile plans to execute and deliver
- Drive idea generation, engagement, and alignment on new discovery platforms (longer-term research areas for the enterprise) related to future business needs and foresight
- Proactively investigate new to MDLZ manufacturing process solutions to benefit the business, particularly in the area of digital tools (Industry 4.0) and novel solutions. Lead internal & external research programs to deliver new process solutions
- Understand the capabilities and influence the direction of key external process solution providers for process R&D which could benefit MDLZ. Particularly university and research organizations. Help shape the future
- Work with category R&D teams to build and land off-ramps of new process technology into the business
- Participate and collaborate with the regional seamless technical community (led by Mondelez supply chain) to identify long-term needs and integrate technology programs with the future green and brownfield expansion plans
- As a key technical leader in Mondelez, be a member of the Technical Leadership Council (TLC); ensure the tech council covers the technical needs of MDLZ
- Coach & mentor the talent pool of future technical leaders to build a pipeline of highly talented and passionate technical leaders of the future
- Participate in the technical career path people process including role modeling, calibrations, recruitment, promotions, and the DEI and engagement agenda. Have visibility of open technical roles and drive activity to fill or change them
- Support the Digital R&D vision by participating in data science and modeling & simulation agenda relevant to category and function globally
- Drive technical rigor and best practice in process development across the business influencing MSC / Engineering as well R&D, including the training quality and content
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Demonstrated track record of their technical/scientific capabilities on key role dimensions: collaborative network presence, technical autonomy, skills, experience and scientific leadership. Typical indicators would include external recognition as a technology leader in their personal area of expertise with a strong external network, having represented Mondelēz or another company/institute in external scientific/technical bodies, and influencing the direction of external activities, professional organizations, and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness in the application and development of highly advanced technologies / new science addressing knowledge gaps and converted them into new proprietary sources of competitive advantage.
- Strong influencing skills with senior stakeholders and across functions, strongly impacting business direction as demonstrated by measurable results.
- Strategic leadership for a company or institute including building a technical talent pipeline with senior technical leaders; will have a strategic vision for their area of technology/science, together with the communication skills to inspire technical and non-technical colleagues alike.
Technical / Functional skills:
- Masters degree/PhD in Chemical/Process/Food Technology and/or engineering
- 18+ years of experience in the CPG/FMCG industry. Preferred in chocolate process and/or manufacturing technology
- Advanced technical knowledge and depth along with functional expertise
- Sound written and verbal communication skills. High ability and discipline for technical rigor and knowledge management
- Digital savvy
- Strong project and program management skills
- Grow every day
- Growth and Ownership Mindset
- Adapts, Learns, Consults, Coaches and Applies new approaches to lead change
- Seeks out and embraces feedback to get better
- Lead the future
- Thinks ahead to anticipate new opportunities
- Shows courage to disrupt, Advocate and Innovate
- Execute with excellence
- Simplifies and prioritizes agenda and gets results
- Use data and technology to build insights and drive outcomes
- Do Whats Right
- Comply with Mondelez internal IP/KM/HSE and other applicable processes and guidelines
- Demonstrate maturity in assessing people and situations
- Respects and values differences as key to enabling success
- KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- R&D Chocolate LT, Global TCP community, TLC and SME networks
- Key contacts and stakeholders in Mondelez supply chain/operations
- Key other business contacts such as but not limited to Marketing, Consumer Insights, Business development
- Others – as may be required
- Development accelerators, Consulting houses, Suppliers/OEM
- Universities and research organizations
Any other parties required to deliver projects/programs and/or Mondelez commitments
Within Country Relocation support available and for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez India Foods Private Limited (formerly Cadbury India Ltd.) has been in India for over 70 years, making sure our mouth-watering and well-loved local and global brands such as Cadbury chocolates, Bournvita and Tang powdered beverages, Oreo and Cadbury Bournvita biscuits, and Halls and Cadbury Choclairs Gold candies get safely into our customers hands—and mouths.
Headquartered in Mumbai, the company has more than 3,300 employees proudly working across sales offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai and in manufacturing facilities at Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh, at our global Research & Development Technical Centre and Global Business Hub in Maharashtra and in a vast distribution network across the country. We are also proud to be recognised by Avatar as the Best Companies for Women in India in 2019 – the fourth time we’ve received this award.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)